• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[JPN] new boxarts -- (56k no)

nbc01.jpg

slpm62545.jpg

*for those wondering about the game above*
01.jpg
02.jpg

slpm62543.jpg

*for those wondering about the game above*
01.jpg
02.jpg

slpm62503.jpg

slpm65531.jpg

slpm65708.jpg

B0002GCJJW.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0002JD7FY.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0002AOQKI.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

PA.05150.002.jpg

PA.12225.001.jpg

Troidal

dark10x said:

You have GOT to be shitting me?!?! Now THAT is some serious milking.

AND!

They've already announced that a 5th one is coming.
Yeah thats some serious milking.

I think I'll need another bag of chocolate chip cookie with that...

Travado

Wow, that Nightmare Before Christmas boxart is awesome, really nice! I can't wait to see Capcom to ruin that boxart in the US version.

hirokazu

so what's the difference between Megaman EXE 4-Blue/4-Red and 4.5? is it like the differences between Pokemon Green/Red/Blue and Yellow?

kiryogi

Banned
dark10x said:

You have GOT to be shitting me?!?! Now THAT is some serious milking.

It's very smart milking. It's the closest they done to simulate a PET so far, the kids should be gobbling it up.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Hot damn, the Simple Series has really been cranking out the hits lately.

Here's another set of itty-bitty shots of The Splatter Action:

0730spu.jpg

and The Kyonshi Panic, which takes what looked like a simple zombie-killing action game and makes it a liiiittle bit incomprehensible (unless those are health bars over every kyonshi that can be toggled):

0730kyon.jpg

Meier

Rockman EXE is their only successful franchise these days so they dont have much of a choice but to keep pumping them out. Unlike a lot of the other big series in Japan right now, its sequels continue to sell better than their previous release rather than selling more or less to the same audience of the last one only.

Sakura Taisen 5 looks really great, but after buying and not understanding a single bit of ST2 and ST3 I don't really want to waste another $65 on the import... aren't those games being translated anytime soon?

cvxfreak

Meier said:
Rockman EXE is their only successful franchise these days so they dont have much of a choice but to keep pumping them out. Unlike a lot of the other big series in Japan right now, its sequels continue to sell better than their previous release rather than selling more or less to the same audience of the last one only.

I was wondering why EXE 4.5 didn't do so hot though... 15K, when the original editions sold 900K.

ferricide

Go Go Ackman! said:
What's Spectra Force? I like that art!
nobody in the west seems to know much about these games. rumor had placed people form the original the dragon force team at idea factory (the developer/publisher) making these. vic (not the most reliable source IMO) said that they suck, back in the PS1 days, but they keep cracking them out.

btw, this latest one was developed by neverland (lufia I/II/GBC, lodoss DC, etc.) i'd like to check it out but i doubt it'll have dropped down in price quite yet.

edit: upon looking at this page i don't think these games were actually made by the developer neverland. it seems that the "never-land" icon denotes that they're all part of some series of idea factory games. ho-hum. also, neverland's own page doesn't mention the game. false alarm! and now i can cross it off of my "interested" list.

as you can see, there have been a lot of spectral force games in the last few years. several of those are re-releases, of course. there were some other spinoffs IIRC, but i really don't know much about any of the games in the series.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the splatter action looks really cool. i've been meaning to take the plunge on a few of those simple 2000 games...if any of you pick that one up, post some impressions.

As I recall, EXE 4.5 is actually the hybrid GBA cart that comes with a built in chip scanner; sort of a mutant e-reader that accepts capcom-made battlechips. Interesting in the sense of taking the EXE gameplay style a bit further out of the box, but the incredibly annoying random battle crap continues so I can't imagine it being worth playing through.

Hold the goddamn phone, Sergeant Frog game?! SCORE. I wonder if they try and simulate the Sarge's military planning method (namely rolling on the floor while reading manga, and then assembling classic Gundam model kits)

Bebpo

Banned
package_l.jpg

Not sure if it's old or not but I just saw the display at a store today. Noticed it was 2P co-op, though that was probably already reported somewhere.

Top Bottom