• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[JPN] -- new boxarts (Mario Party 6)

king zell

B00065STCU.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00068WKJA.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00068WKJ0.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00030GM5O.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

000536000L.jpg

000910000L.jpg
000901000L.jpg

Kon Tiki

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
All of them were bleh till I got down to GT4. Awesome box.
GT4 (and AW 1+2) are the only ones that fit the meaning of 'bleh'. :p Mario Party 6 maybe not be the best boxart, but it not 'dull'.

Tritroid

SolidSnakex said:
Naturally.

:rolleyes

That Mario Party 6 boxart is pretty awesome. The Minish Cap box could be a little better though.

Rlan

B00068WKJA.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wait, Princess Daisy is on the 'dark' side of the cover artwork?

I wish Intelligent Systems would just go ahead and just fricken explain who the hell she is. Yeah, she was who you saved back in Super Mario Land on the Game Boy and supposedly is the Princess of "Sarasaland", but other than that, nothing is known about her, and other than being a color swap for Peach she's nothing.

We've been to Beanbean Kingdom, and I'm assuming heaps of other places in the Paper Mario games, but surely someone can give her a bit of a personality.

SolidSnakex said:
Yes. It's so awesome is fucking goddamn boring. How could you not think the MP6 art is awesome? It's just saying, "I'm fun, play me" not, "I'm the boring assend of a car against a white backdrop"

evilromero said:
Yes. It's so awesome is fucking goddamn boring. How could you not think the MP6 art is awesome? It's just saying, "I'm fun, play me" not, "I'm the boring assend of a car against a white backdrop"

There's nothing screaming fun about them shoving every character they've made on a box.

GT4's is just stylish.

SolidSnakex said:
There's nothing screaming fun about them shoving every character they've made on a box.

GT4's is just stylish.
Well, I think the GT4 art (if you could call it that) is ugly and boring. I'll take the chaos that is MP6, with shoving every character in there. And if you want style then the 1080 GC JPN boxart is the way to go.

Bristow said:
What's so awesome about a plain white cover with the backside of a car? *confused*

S-t-y-l-i-s-h

Sometimes it pays not to try so hard. Just do something simple. It works for certain games. Zeldas work with a solid gold backing with the logo layered over, MGS worked with a solid wide cover with the logo layered over. Not everything needs to be a giant rainbow of colors.

belgurdo

Banned
scps15058.jpg

Too bad the game won't be as cool as the box

slps25450.jpg

Just no...I wasn't aware they allowed fanartish looking pieces on boxes (La Pucelle US being a sad exception.) They need to fire Inomata already

john tv

That GB Wars Advance box is uncharacteristically hideous for Nintendo. I wonder who the heck thought that would look appealing... blech!

That GT4 box is fucking crappy. Who in the right mind decided to crop the car in such an awkward way? It's got amateur written all over it.

The GT4 boxart is like a 5 minute job in photoshop. The Zelda boxart is class. Someone's hard work and soul went into that painting. The GT4 boxart is without a soul.

And if anything is meh in this thread, it's a certain someone's posts.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Rlan said:
Wait, Princess Daisy is on the 'dark' side of the cover artwork?

I wish Intelligent Systems would just go ahead and just fricken explain who the hell she is. Yeah, she was who you saved back in Super Mario Land on the Game Boy and supposedly is the Princess of "Sarasaland", but other than that, nothing is known about her, and other than being a color swap for Peach she's nothing.

what the hell else do you need?

oh, and hudson makes mario party

belgurdo

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
Someone's hard work and soul went into that painting. The GT4 boxart is without a soul.

And if anything is meh in this thread, it's a certain someone's posts.

I miss rolleyes

Saint Cornelius said:
goddamn I wish there was more information on MP6, other than the mic and the box art. anyone have any screen shots?
theres TONS of screens all over the place. Just check something like IGN, they just updated recently with a bunch.

jarrod

Banned
john tv said:
That GB Wars Advance box is uncharacteristically hideous for Nintendo. I wonder who the heck thought that would look appealing... blech!
Hey, I like it... reminds me of the NGPC. :)

jarrod

Banned
u_neek said:
000910000L.jpg
vs.
280875b.jpg

I think I like the US one better...
The US one is better... the JP version is trying to hard to strike a balance... it looks like something a freshman design major would slap together.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
slpm62511.jpg

ok... besides the fact that I am a history (Japanese) major....does anyone else see a problem with this title?

u_neek

Bebpo said:
The game would have to be quite possibly the most uncool game on the planet to not be as cool as that box

yeah, that box sux balls - still better than your average US cover tho..

Blackace said:
ok... besides the fact that I am a history (Japanese) major....does anyone else see a problem with this title?

Is that a Spitfire ?? If it is them is really strange that a game that is called ZERO PILOT SERIES doesn’t show a Mitsubishi Zero on the cover....... i think ;)

ferricide

evilromero said:
the mario party art is tacky and awful. the CG's fine, but the backdrop is hideous and it's way too cluttered and haphazard. yech. way too busy. no regard for aesthetic.

personally the GT4 one is super stylin' IMO.

i quite like the minish cap one, great composition and colors.

and the TOR one is surprisingly stylish and nice.

Top Bottom