• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[JPN] New GBA Video Player

I reviewed the original version at PGC and really liked it. There are a few issues, some of which have been addressed with subsequent firmware updates. But the sheer utility of the device outweighs most of its problems. It certainly kicks the ass of GBA Video (Majesco's technology). The quality is similar and you can play any content that you can rip or find on your computer. It works as a portable MP3 player too, as well as an ebook reader, and now it supports a Famicom emulator, so you can load ROMs onto it too. Pretty damn awesome.

cvxfreak

Thanks, I just read the review. It was very detailed and specific, thanks.

So I'm assuming I have to get a flashcard and a reader? I couldn't find a reader at Radioshack.com, but I'll keep looking. :)

cvxfreak

human5892 said:
I wonder if the DS is going to support some of this kind of stuff out of the box.

Logically, it should just because of the presence of the GBA cartridge port. It'd be nice if this company made one specifically for the DS using the touch screen for selecting options, and if Nintendo supported such a product the same way they bothered with SD Cards on the GC, then it'd really take away a lot of flame from the PSP.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Why not just spend a little more on a decent-capacity flash cart which will give you the ability to do much more (some SNES emulation [http://www.snesadvance.org/], pretty accurate NES, and ALOT of older systems, e-books, audio, etc.) and bypass the annoyance of having a big plastic boner sticking out of your GBA?

I've been considering this famicom emulation stuff lately... paying another $20 for games I've owned for over a decade with no changes or fixes isn't something I'm too excited about.

Top Bottom