• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Heroman

Banned
G1 hype
tumblr_ospgg99p471wr5xndo1_r1_400.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The comments on woman's wrestling has me laughing. The way it's written and the way I'm interpreting it from the backstage perspective just really has me eye rolling. A lot of the women in WWE/MYC are very attractive and beautiful. Its pretty dismissive and insulting to think the brass don't find that so because they're not fake boobed blonde women doing sexual innuendos all over. It's the biggest thing that pissed me off with some Enzo things this year because they had him reverting back to that AE garbage.

Also Toni Storm fucking rules and I hope she shows up for MYC. Her and Kay Lee had a good match at Chapter 50.
The entire concept that "some backstage" (Kevin Dunn) is upset that not all the women in the MYC are super gorgeous is dumb as fuck. Finding the performers attractive is part of the show, yes, but it's not like the entire men's roster is Roman Reigns and Finn Balor either.

It's even dumber to me because there are plenty of gorgeous women competing in the MYC who aren't signed to WWE to begin with.

Draxal

The entire concept that "some backstage" (Kevin Dunn) is upset that not all the women in the MYC are super gorgeous is dumb as fuck. Finding the performers attractive is part of the show, yes, but it's not like the entire men's roster is Roman Reigns and Finn Balor either.

It's even dumber to me because there are plenty of gorgeous women competing in the MYC who aren't signed to WWE to begin with.

Ayup, the complaining is stupid as the two most likely winners (Storm and Sane imho) are gorgeous.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ayup, the complaining is stupid as the two most likely winners (Storm and Sane imho) are gorgeous.

Storm is as good looking as anyone they have on their entire roster in the company and I would be surprised if she wasn't winning or coming exceptionally close, yeah.

Did they really think they were going to bring in Kelly Kelly-esque ringers or something? The entire point of this is a 100% smark product.

Yup, this was exactly my point. There's this perceived thing that in order to be beautiful you need to be this blonded hair fake boobed person. It's dumb.

After breaking up Enzo and Cass, WWE better not break up the Authors Of Pain on the main roster. That is a tag team meant to be a tag team.

They probably shouldn't even put them on the main roster. They're going to get swallowed whole and spat out - they don't really get heat, they can't talk, and they're functional in the ring at best.

Yup, this was exactly my point. There's this perceived thing that in order to be beautiful you need to be this blonded hair fake boobed person. It's dumb.

According to fan reports at last night's NXT taping, fans chanted "sawft" at a woman wrestler

Get ready for that crowd at MYC tonight and on

Draxal

Storm is as good looking as anyone they have on their entire roster in the company and I would be surprised if she wasn't winning or coming exceptionally close, yeah.

Did they really think they were going to bring in Kelly Kelly-esque ringers or something? The entire point of this is a 100% smark product.

I think they would give Storm a rocket push.

Raw64life

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...r_wwe_head_writer_alex_greenfield_says_kevin/

We're flying back from TV after taping one of the early WWECW shows. Kelly Kelly has just been introduced as the domestic [violence] partner of Mike Knox.

Hayes: She just feels cold, you know? She's not connecting. Vince: Mm. She needs to find her sensuality.

Kevin Dunn hops up and down in seat with sniggering laughter in that ”Hey, boss, pay attention to me" way. Vince turns to him.

Kevin Dunn: She NEEEEDS to find some TITS!

Kevin Dunn continues to snicker, eyes on Vince, begging for approval. Vince snorts. Conversation continues.

Kaladin

Did anybody suggest TJP was going to win the CWC?

TJP was purely because other people weren't signed.

I could see I could see Toni Storm, Kaiji Hojo, Mercedes Martinez and Mia Yim going far. I'm not sure if Mia Yim or Santana Garrett are signed but Kaiji Hojo and Toni Stom are (I think). Also, I'd put Sarah Logan (former Crazy Mary) up there.

They have lots of signed names in this tournament unlike the CWC to choose from.

Fox318

This woman tournament seems like a after thought especially when compared to the Crusierweights classic.

Releasing a simulated sport like a netflix drama probably didn't help.

Plus I really think people have see the cycle of talent go to the main roster and die Vince's booking death.

Why invest the time and emotion into watching a product when you know it will all end James Ellsworth?

Anyone see that Wale and Court Bauer are doing a wreslting show

ORLANDO, FLORIDA – Major League Wrestling (MLW®) is coming home to Orlando with MLW: One-Shot, a special one-time only live pro wrestling event on Thursday night October 5th in Orlando, Florida at GILT Nightclub.

Tickets to MLW: One-Shot go on sale Friday July 21st at 10am ET at http://www.MLW.com and TicketingKing.com.

Court Bauer will team-up with regular collaborator Wale, who will serve as a co-executive producer for MLW: One-Shot.

“MLW: One-Shot is a celebration of a generation of wrestlers who are actively redefining and reviving the sport. It is our privilege to collaborate with some of the best in the game and bring them to you live in our hometown of Orlando,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer.

MLW: One-Shot follows-up on the success of the MLW Radio Network and the annual MLW WaleMania shows WrestleMania weekend.

“The last six days been wild. Kicking it off with SmackDown and now to finally announce this project… we are doing this for the culture. So much young talent hasn’t had that spotlight. It’s important we give them theirs,” said Wale.

More details about the card and how to see MLW: One-Shot will be available in the days ahead at www.MLW.com

MLW One-Shot is an all ages event.

After the live MLW wrestling event, there will be an after party featuring a live DJ, bottle service and more.

Ticket prices range from $15-$45 with a limited number of “Golden Ticket” VIP Packages also available. Tickets can be purchased starting at 10am ET next Friday, July 21st at http://www.MLW.com and TicketingKing.com. Tickets are subject to applicable service charges.

Releasing a simulated sport like a netflix drama probably didn't help.

Plus I really think people have see the cycle of talent go to the main roster and die Vince's booking death.

Why invest the time and emotion into watching a product when you know it will all end James Ellsworth.

Think about this: Ellsworth is getting more TV and mic time than people who may actually need it, or deserve it.

Kaladin

So what are the chances Raw is building to Roman vs Joe vs Braun vs Brock for the title at Summerfest? I can see Braun being nowhere on Raw till the main event next week and causing it to be a no contest. Then Kurt re-schedules for a triple threat which cannot be contained in the building and ends in no contest, therefore Summerfest is a fatal four way.

So what are the chances Raw is building to Roman vs Joe vs Braun vs Brock for the title at Summerfest? I can see Braun being nowhere on Raw till the main event next week and causing it to be a no contest. Then Kurt re-schedules for a triple threat which cannot be contained in the building and ends in no contest, therefore Summerfest is a fatal four way.

Extremely high

So what exactly is the point of the Mae Young Classic? The other two tournaments they did crowned new champions. What's the prize here. Just a trophy? Does the winner get a contract or something?

Top Bottom