• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Showtime.

AumUQU.jpg

All that just made me even more upset that we have to wait a month and a half to see it.

I got hyped but now I need to reign it back in until August 28th.

ReiGun

Bianca BelAir. Jeezus.
noah.png

So are all these ladies signed to contracts or is it like the CWC where a lot of them are just here for the tourney?

Ithil

The scheduling is dumb as hell. You have an introduction now then there's nothing for a month and a half?
Just use the CWC weekly format, it was perfect.

Bianca BelAir. Jeezus.
noah.png

So are all these ladies signed to contracts or is it like the CWC where a lot of them are just here for the tourney?

A vast majority of them are either already signed or going to sign. At the very least, no one is making it far in this tournament without being signed. They don't want another ZSJ or Ibushi.

I'm still holding that the final will be Kairi vs. Storm. But I'm going back and forth on who I think wins it.

H1PSTER

To those that recommended The Lapsed Fan podcast; I'm addicted and thank you!

Edit: Also Kairi or Candice to win!

We all know Bianca BelAir is going to win the whole thing though

The scheduling is dumb as hell. You have an introduction now then there's nothing for a month and a half?

Yeah, not a big of this waiting and avoiding spoilers for that long. Really weird format but will definitely still watch.

A vast majority of them are either already signed or going to sign. At the very least, no one is making it far in this tournament without being signed. They don't want another ZSJ or Ibushi.

I'm still holding that the final will be Kairi vs. Storm. But I'm going back and forth on who I think wins it.

I could see one of the Scots sneaking into the final, both very talented, and I certainly hope to see them go far. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a really good showing from a PC woman as well.

Their argument isn't totally bad but I still disagree.

They think that because they are making Summerslam a WM-caliber show this year, the MYC would get lost in the shuffle if it aired weekly. Which I understand that reasoning, but I still think there's enough interest to be had that it would be fine the same way the CWC was.

Draxal

To be honest, I want Piper Nevin or Jazzy Galbert show up strong. I want a hoss wrestler, to go over big.

But yeah, I think one of Toni, Kairi, and Santana is a lock for the final.

#MaeYoungClassic is the top US trend on Twitter right now.

So yeah, good job immediately killing all the hype for a month and a half, WWE.

So wait, how is the MYC being aired?

Bracketology on August 20th.

First four episodes on August 28th.

Last four episodes on September 4th.

Finals live after SD in Vegas on September 12th.

It's so stupid how far out it is to air.

Beefy

Mad leaving it that long

This is the part where I peace out for the weekend, WrassleGAF. Trying to avoid spoilers like the plague and there are some loose lips around here.

See ya Monday, friends.

Always weird to see WrassleGAF elsewhere, we're the bastard stepchild of wrestling forums.

I like this place because I don't have to take it as seriously. Some of those other forums and opinions are just too much for me to deal with.

Pretty much why I like this place. I can't bother with Wreddit anymore because of the hive mind aspect of it. I feel like here there is a good back and forth.

Jamie OD

Hope the shows work out for them because the wait until release isn't going to help. Doing a bracket preview is pointless when the finals will be already set well before it airs.

ReiGun

Such a ridiculous schedule. Especially since it ensures spoilers for the whole damn thing (save the finals) will be all over the internet before they air episode 1.

somedevil

Such a ridiculous schedule. Especially since it ensures spoilers for the whole damn thing (save the finals) will be all over the internet before they air episode 1.

Wouldn't that happen anyway even if they decided to air the first episode on Wednesday?

ReiGun

Wouldn't that happen anyway even if they decided to air the first episode on Wednesday?

Yeah, but it's a lot easier to resist looking up what happens when you're waiting for Wednesday vs waiting for August. Also, it's going to be much harder to avoid spoilers when you're waiting for that long (wrestling fans on social media are terrible about spoilers).

I personally don't care about being spoiled and will watch regardless, but there really is no need to put those that do in that position.

El-Suave

Ratings comparisons for women from the late Diva's era and today's wrestlers are stupid because their positions in the shows are vastly different. You're comparing filler material to something that gets a bit of a spotlight ever so often these days.

Top Bottom