• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Oersted

Naito speaking Spanish automatically puts him in my #1, dudes.
Rrrright?
https://68.media.tumblr.com/d8f1d34b8a87a4ca9b2b088afd57dd77/tumblr_ot9asrr8G11s05wxzo1_400.gif
God damn.
John Pollock just had a kid and he is doing a G1 podcast.

Bless the man
Oh hell yeah.
That running Destino was one of the best I've seen.
Definitely the best pure Destino I've seen. GOAT Destino remains this
tumblr_obw4jtIxRk1vymbt8o6_400.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Anyone else think Batista has had a way better movie career than The Rock so far quality-wise? Guardians is amazing, dude was the best part of a Bond movie, and he's about to be in not just a Denis Villeneuve movie but Blade Runner! Meanwhile Dwayne is having to beg people on Twitter to check out Baywatch.

Egg0

Banned
I went to wikipedia to see how old Sanada is and was reminded of his TNA stint with James Storm....

Anyone else think Batista has had a way better movie career than The Rock so far quality-wise? Guardians is amazing, dude was the best part of a Bond movie, and he's about to be in not just a Denis Villeneuve movie but Blade Runner! Meanwhile Dwayne is having to beg people on Twitter to check out Baywatch.

Yep. Although Rock had a headstart because he has so many movies under his belt now. He wanted to be in Hollywood so bad, he just signed on to anything he was offered. Bautista seems to be choosy, or has a great agent.

That's not to say he his run is perfect. He has a lot of straight to DVD stuff that either no one has heard of or cares.

In terms of consistency, absolutely. The Rock has Samuel L Jackson syndrome: accept any movie role no matter how good or bad and then hope for the best.

In terms of consistency, absolutely. The Rock has Samuel L Jackson syndrome: accept any movie role no matter how good or bad and then hope for the best.

On this note, it's kinda funny that one of my favourite roles Rock has had was the very brief role alongside SLJ in The Other Guys.

Big Dave meanwhile did his damnedest to save the mess that was Spectre and got Drax over with the WWE Marvel Cinematic Universe, he's got that momentum.

Ugh...saw a G1 match just now with the english announcers. My God they have no idea most of the time how to bridge the moments between the action with commentary. They dont interact a lot. They just go quiet way too often. I miss the japanese announcers who is hyperventilating wondering what the next moment may bring.
NJPW English commentary is pure trash and no one here can convince me otherwise.

I'm sure the English commentary is acceptable by like....English commentary standards, but I'll always choose Japanese

I obviously don't understand it but the emotion fits the action perfectly. At a certain point I know what moves they are doing, I'd rather hear the most hype commentary possible

Just wish they'd have translation for promos

I went to wikipedia to see how old Sanada is and was reminded of his TNA stint with James Storm....

Yep. Although Rock had a headstart because he has so many movies under his belt now. He wanted to be in Hollywood so bad, he just signed on to anything he was offered. Bautista seems to be choosy, or has a great agent.

That's not to say he his run is perfect. He has a lot of straight to DVD stuff that either no one has heard of or cares.

That's the thing: even Batista's bad or not-worth-watching stuff, it exists and he moves on from it.

Dwayne's spent the entire run of Baywatch being openly petulantly "you just didn't Get it" towards anyone with even a criticism of it, and that yeah it may have bombed in the US but the 100 who watched it here loved it so much you guys, isn't that what really matters

Heel Batista at his most cowardly was less whiny than Real Dwayne's been about his few bad movies. So yeah, give me Dave everyday

Bronx-Man

Banned
That's the thing: even Batista's bad or not-worth-watching stuff, it exists and he moves on from it.

Dwayne's spent the entire run of Baywatch being openly petulantly "you just didn't Get it" towards anyone with even a criticism of it, and that yeah it may have bombed in the US but the 100 who watched it here loved it so much you guys, isn't that what really matters

Heel Batista at his most cowardly was less whiny than Real Dwayne's been about his few bad movies. So yeah, give me Dave everyday

Big Dave is always our guy.

Ooooft WALTER Vs Keith Lee in Round 1 of BOLA. Full list:

Keith Lee faces WALTER on Night Two of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Flamita faces Ricochet on Night One of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Mark Haskins faces Travis Banks on Night Two of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Jonah Rock faces Zack Sabre, Jr. on Night One of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Matthew Riddle faces Michael Elgin on Night Two of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Matt Sydal faces PENTA EL ZERO M on Night One of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Jeff Cobb faces Sami Callihan on Night Two of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Flash Morgan Webster faces Marty Scurll on Night One of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Donovan Dijak faces Trevor Lee on Night Two of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
REY FENIX faces Rey Horus on Night One of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Sammy Guevara faces TK Cooper on Night Two of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!
Brian Cage faces Dezmond Xavier on Night One of the 2017 Battle of Los Angeles!

UberTag

Big Dave can act. Dwayne only knows how to play various amped up versions of his Rock persona.

YASSSS WILL NEVER DOUBT PWG AGAIN, THANK YOU BASED DRAGON

South Pacific Power Trip (TK Cooper & Travis Banks) face The Young Bucks in a non-tournament match on Night One of the 2017 BOLA!

Top Bottom