• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got Paper Mario 2.

Deg

Banned
Opened it. Entered my VIP no. and about to play. Anything i should know before playing? :D

Oh i could host the VIP wallpapers? if the US doesnt have them. :)

I havent played Mario and Luigi yet. But thats on GBA anyway.

No, just no. Pikmin 2 was, in many ways, better than the first, but some of it was just too damned tedious for me to enjoy as much as I could have. I actually miss the time limit...as much as I kinda didn't like it in the first. IMO, of course.

AniHawk

MightyHedgehog said:
No, just no. Pikmin 2 was, in many ways, better than the first, but some of it was just too damned tedious for me to enjoy as much as I could have. I actually miss the time limit...as much as I kinda didn't like it in the first. IMO, of course.

Heh heh, that's kinda funny, because I thought Paper Mario was too damned tedious. Especially at the end of the game. The writing was great in both games though. I think I liked the whole atmosphere and imagination that Pikmin 2 had better.

Yeah, Pikmin 2, like the first, looks fucking great...incredible, even. I'd like to see a new Sim Ant with those near-photorealistic visuals...damn, I loved that game...Sim Ant, that is.

AniHawk

MightyHedgehog said:
Yeah, Pikmin 2, like the first, looks fucking great...incredible, even. I'd like to see a new Sim Ant with those near-photorealistic visuals...damn, I loved that game...Sim Ant, that is.

Those Sarlacc Pit things or whatever the hell they were scared the hell out of me when I was 9. All of a sudden the animation pops up on the screen.

Grubdog

Banned
Deg said:
Opened it. Entered my VIP no. and about to play. Anything i should know before playing?
Your GC will explode at the title screen. Seriously, what's the point of that? If someone told you it was a bad game would you not play it?

AniHawk said:
Those Sarlacc Pit things or whatever the hell they were scared the hell out of me when I was 9. All of a sudden the animation pops up on the screen.

Hmmm...I still don't understand what that boss creature is at the submerged castle. Okay...I'm done derailing this thing.

AniHawk

MightyHedgehog said:
Hmmm...I still don't understand what that boss creature is at the submerged castle. Okay...I'm done derailing this thing.

Er, you know I was talking about Sim Ant and not Pikmin 2, right?

john2kx

AniHawk said:

they're ant-lions, IIRC.

Teddman

I played the first hour or so of this game at a friend's place. Struck me as really talky and boring at the beginning... I'm assuming it gets a lot better? Seemed like way too much mandatory hand-holding and training at the outset.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Deg said:
Opened it. Entered my VIP no. and about to play. Anything i should know before playing? :D

Oh i could host the VIP wallpapers? if the US doesnt have them. :)

I havent played Mario and Luigi yet. But thats on GBA anyway.

Host the wallpapers. I can't afford Paper Mario yet, in dire need of DS monies.

LukeSmith

Anything i should know before playing?

Yeah get ready to walk back and forth alot. To go fetch item A to get to person B and person B tells you to find item C to take to Person D who gives you item E to give to person B who has been without it for a long time and really misses it. Person B is really happy to have item E back and now wants to fight whatever you are fighting.
Get ready for that.

Deku Tree

Paper Mario 2 is all about the combat system. I think you will love or hate the game based upon how much you enjoy the combat.

Deg

Banned
So far so good :D

Enjoying it. Battle system is fine so far. Works very well. They used some slight British slang in there :lol

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Deg said:
So far so good :D

Enjoying it. Battle system is fine so far. Works very well. They used some slight British slang in there :lol

Where's my wallpapers!? I've been sitting patiently here for 6hrs now. :lol

Top Bottom