• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just watched my first episode of CHiPS... What a great show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Just caught CHiPS on TBS... I had always seen this show on TBS but never actually sat down and watched it. Well I did tonight and it was good! Why did'nt I discover this show before..

Anyone else like this show?

Where have you been for the past 25 years? :p

Anyway, yeah, I used to watch CHiPs all the time as a kid. Now that I'm grown up, it all seems so stupid to me, ya know? Like how the Highway Patrol is taking cases that only local police would be taking, and how there are at least 30 cars blowing up in each episode, and car crashes, and stupid crap like that that would never happen.

Oh well, it can be fun sometimes, I suppose.

CHiPs is great

I watched all the time as a kid back in NYC

awesome...

I love how they never take the gun out LOL

edit: forgot the best part... the Laughs at the end to something stupid

Oh this reminds me of a dream I had as a kid after too much TV

Ponch and Jon chase Bo, Luke, and Daisy in the General Lee speeding down the Highway...

Man it was awesome!!! :D

B'z-chan

Banned
naz said:
Oh this reminds me of a dream I had as a kid after too much TV

Ponch and Jon chase Bo, Luke, and Daisy in the General Lee speeding down the Highway...

Man it was awesome!!! :D

I had a scary similar dream but it was with the A-team rollin up man i totaly could see this being a dream i will hate tonight now.

EdLuva

naz said:
CHiPs is great

I watched all the time as a kid back in NYC

awesome...

I love how they never take the gun out LOL

edit: forgot the best part... the Laughs at the end to something stupid

Yeah, they always had to do something at the end to laugh at. Not only that, they paused in between laughs to show credits.

Bregor

I used to love A-team as a kid until I realised that every single episode was the same:

The A-team escapes from the MP.
Some nice people are roughed up by the bad guys.
The A-team comes in and kicks ass.
The A-team is captured.
The A-team escapes, builds some device and kicks ass.
The A-team turns down their fee, and leaves just before the MP get there.

The disco music to CHiPs is awesome.

Ever see the "Ponch does Roller Disco" episode? Classic stuff.

CHiPs is awesome, though. Some of the best unintentional comedy EVER. Just make shun for the hills when you see Jon Baker out and that HACK replacement in.

you gotta love how motorcycle CHP cops are investigating drug dealers and gangs and shit! I love that show. WHERE ARE MY DVD SEASON SETS GODDAMNIT!

Shinobi

lol.gif

Doth Togo said:
The disco music to CHiPs is awesome.

CHiPs had one of the coolest TV themes ever.

EdLuva said:
Yeah, they always had to do something at the end to laugh at. Not only that, they paused in between laughs to show credits.

lol.gif
Yeah, that always cracks me up...talk about cheese.

Bregor said:
I used to love A-team as a kid until I realised that every single episode was the same:

The A-team escapes from the MP.
Some nice people are roughed up by the bad guys.
The A-team comes in and kicks ass.
The A-team is captured.
The A-team escapes, builds some device and kicks ass.
The A-team turns down their fee, and leaves just before the MP get there.

I'd say 80% of the shows ever made are the same thing. Scooby Doo's the same damn thing almost to the fucking script. Which wouldn't be bad if it wasn't such a lame ass show to begin with. At least A-Team had the coolest gang of characters ever assembled. Though it was funny how no one ever got killed with all the guns that were used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom