• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye To Remain In Psych Ward (Refuses To Be Touched & Kim Is Feeding Kanye His Food)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

EXCLUSIVE: Kanye West Suffered 'Paranoia' Before Hospitalization, Was 'Unsettled' By Kim Kardashian Robbery

New details are emerging about Kanye West's apparent state of mind prior to hospitalization and the impact it could have on his larger-than-life persona moving forward.

The 39-year-old rapper was admitted to UCLA Medical Center last week after what one source described as "a mental breakdown," and another attributed to "sleep deprivation and exhaustion." As of Monday morning, Kanye is said to remain hospitalized and undiagnosed by doctors.

Prior to his hospitalization, a source now suggests that Kanye had suffered from "severe paranoia" and "hallucinations" brought on by a "lack of sleep" associated not only with his intense workload, but also with stress from wife Kim Kardashian West’s horrifying armed robbery in Paris last month.

"He pushed himself too much," a source tells ET. "The Paris incident unsettled everyone, [but it] unsettled him the most. He had this anxiety that everyone around him was trying to get him."

"He had severe paranoia. It was over nothing that was tangible or real," the source adds. "He was thinking that people were out to kill him, out to break him and Kim up. It was Kanye vs. the whole world."

Kanye's hospitalization came just after an abrupt cancellation of his remaining Saint Pablo tour dates. During earlier performances on the tour, the father of two had made headlines for his erratic behavior and longer-than-usual rants.

"This is a person who tried to take on everything, and everyone around him tried to make him calm down and he just didn't," the source says. "He didn’t sleep at all. The hallucinations came in with lack of sleep and everything was heightened. There was a huge difficulty with being able to differentiate what is real or what is manifested by anxiety, and that's why there was this concern -- him not being able to acknowledge what is happening in real life."

"He got to a point where his body and mind physically couldn't do it anymore," the source continues. "He hadn't been sleeping the past few weeks. Eventually, your body just gives up and that's what happened. It was a long time coming."

Though West is said to be on the mend, a source recently told ET that his doctors are "reluctant to diagnose anything, mainly because a mental or cognitive disorder cannot be diagnosed after one hospital visit, but after observing someone's behavior over the course of a specific time frame." The source also notes that Kanye "knows he needs to get better and he wants to get better."

When the superstar does feel well enough to return to the spotlight, fans shouldn’t expect to see any difference in his outspoken personality.

"Kanye is not changing who he is," the source tells ET. "You're still going to get the unfiltered Kanye who goes on these crazy rants and hops up onstage during the VMAs. Is he still going to say he should have ran for president? Of course. His personality won’t be changing at all. This was just an overworked, dehydrated, sleep-deprived person who lost himself and needed a recharge."

http://www.etonline.com/news/203724...tion_was_unsettled_by_kim_kardashian_robbery/

Kanye West Is Paranoid And Depressed As He Remains Hospitalized: Report

Kanye West is "profoundly depressed and paranoid" as he remains in the hospital, a new TMZ report claims. According to the site, the 39-year-old rapper has "been dealing with these issues for a long time."

Sources close to West and his wife, Kim Kardashian, told TMZ that he allegedly believes people, specifically his doctors, are "out to get him." He also reportedly refused to let doctors touch him after he was first hospitalized at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles Monday, November 21.

TMZ reported that the "Fade" rapper may leave the hospital Monday, November 28, to be placed under the care of his personal doctor.

West was admitted to UCLA on Monday after authorities were called to his trainer Harley Pasternak's home, where the hip-hop star was behaving "erratically" and was "handcuffed to a gurney during the transport to the hospital," TMZ reported at the time. The health scare, which insiders told Us Weekly was caused by "exhaustion and sleep deprivation," came hours after West canceled the remaining 21 dates of his Saint Pablo tour.

Since the "Through the Wire" entertainer's hospitalization, his wife has been close by his side. "Kim has been very concerned and supportive. Seeing Kanye like this is scary for her," a source previously told Us, adding that Kardashian, 36, spent Thanksgiving Day at the hospital with her husband of two years.

A second insider told Us that the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star is "very worried" about West, who went on an extended rant against Beyoncé, Jay Z, Hillary Clinton and the media at a concert in Sacramento two days before he was hospitalized.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...depressed-amid-hospitalization-report-w452420

Kim Helping To Feed Kanye In Hospital: Report

Kim Kardashian West has been "helping to feed" Kanye West whilst he's in hospital.

The 39-year-old rapper was admitted to UCLA Medical Centre in Los Angeles last week for treatment for exhaustion and sleep deprivation - which led him to cancel the remaining dates on his 'Saint Pablo Tour' - and the 36-year-old 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' star has been helping him along the way ever since.

A source told US Weekly magazine: "Kim has been amazing. She knew he couldn't keep going the way he was. She has been by his side through all of this, helping to feed him and laying by his side."

And, although the Kim is sticking by husband, their two children - North, three, and Saint, 11 months - have no idea of their father's condition.
An insider said previously: "North and Saint [West] just think their dad is away now. Kanye wants to get better, so that's a big part in this healing process.

"Kanye is trying to get better, but he has not been released yet because he and the doctors feel he needs more time to recover.

"Kim is by his side now and will stand there till everything gets better."

Supporting the 'Famous' rapper is important for Kim, as she is keen to show him the same support he showed her when she was robbed at gunpoint in Paris, France, last month.

Another source said: "She is just holding things down like Kanye did for her when she needed support.

"Kim is doing much better and is strong. This shall pass she believes.

"Their time together was just about support. Kanye will be ok. He has a good set of doctors and the main thing is he wants to get through this."

Previous reports claimed the 'Gold Digger' hitmaker would be released from hospital on Monday but it is not yet known whether he will be well enough to do so.

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/kim-helping-to-feed-kanye-in-hospital-report-2093945

'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Production Temporarily Shut Down

"Keeping Up with the Kardashians" came to a screeching halt on October 3rd, when Kim was held up at gunpoint in Paris, and we've learned the cameras will not roll for the rest of the year ... possibly longer.

Sources connected with the production tell us producers have enough footage for the series commitment, but the plan was to film through the holidays, and that won't happen.
We're told Kanye's hospitalization has temporarily shut down production, but Kim has been in such bad shape since the robbery that there was no real hope of shooting anything through December.

Kim, we're told, has been "rethinking everything" ... our sources would not elaborate.

So the show will go on ... but no XMAS cheer, for sure.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/29/kuwtk-production-shut-down/

Man this feels sick to read. I don't care about the man artistically, but someone in his position shouldn't have this detailed shit about his hospital stays just blerted out like this. Like fuck this posse member or whoever is willing to dish it all for a check

Poor guy, but what a story.

I wonder if he will come out of this a better person, but a less entertaining one.

Thumbs up to the wife, though.

Enco

Man this feels sick to read. I don't care about the man artistically, but someone in his position shouldn't have this detailed shit about his hospital stays just blerted out like this. Like fuck this posse member or whoever is willing to dish it all for a check
Totally this.

Who the fuck would release this info? Complete scumbag move.

Snagret

And here you are, responding to the thread about it, totally enabling them.
I really don't think criticizing journalism you find morally repugnant is "enabling" them, especially when you're engaging the story through a third-party site.

Jackpot

Banned
And here you are, responding to the thread about it, totally enabling them.

Staying silent on the issue is enabling them.

Do you even know what that word means? I trust I won't ever find you criticizing the topic of a thread for fear of "enabling them".

Suffering from mental health issues is a motherfucker. I hope he gets better soon, but having the support of his wife will hopefully expedite that progress.

Dude can't even get privacy when he's recovering in a fucking psychiatric hospital. It's disgusting.

Agree completely. We do not need to know this. I'm not clicking on any of those links, and basically came into this thread to say what you said, and that I hope he gets better soon.

Fuck the ravenous media

bebop242

Not a fan of Kanye but fuck all the people responsible for letting these details out in the public. A mental hospital is supposed to be a safe space.

Hope he finds his way out of this Its incredibly hard enough for the average joe, can't image with a spotlight on you like Kanye has.

andthebeatgoeson

Yeah, really shitty that he's not getting any privacy
The guy married to a reality star isn't getting privacy? I'm shocked. Who are those dastardly sources?

Actually, reviewing the Lamar Odom story, don't we know who the sources are? Haven't we seen this same bedside story before?

Aiii

So not worth it
Staying silent on the issue is enabling them.

Do you even know what that word means? I trust I won't ever find you criticizing the topic of a thread for fear of "enabling them".

Except you bumped the thread, increased the exposure to it and helped call further to it. So yes, you did indeed help TMZ get more clicks, sorry about that. Enjoy the next story about Kylie Jenner's visit to Kanye.

Busty

Banned
While there is no doubting that Kanye is having issues I'd be surprised if even 10% of what is in these reports is accurate.

Though I have to say that I'm surprised that Kim has stayed by Kanye's side through all this.

..., assuming that she isn't contractually stipulated to do so of course.

Pavaloo

Had my life threatened by best friends with selfish intents
What I'm supposed to do?
Ride around with a bulletproof car and some tints?

Poor Ye
Hope he gets well soon ✌🏽️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom