• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karaoke Revolution: Volume 2! Who's getting it?

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
242518.jpg

More songs, more modes, more fun! Who's gonna get it?

My friend is gonna pick it up tomorrow (hopefully), so we plan on getting together and singing our hearts (and vocal chords...haha!) out once again. ^_^

jiggle

I am!

Marconelly said:
Has Singstar been announced for US release already?

No:(
And if it does, I'm afraid they'll probably butcher up the europop list. Could be the reason why it's taking them so long to announce it...or just not at all.

Were there any Sony Europe made games that were never released in the US?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Volume 1 was pretty cool.

Has anyone bought this--->
236047.jpg

Just wondering if it allows you to put in actual Karaoke CD's that display the lyrics on the TV.

mosaic

go eat paint
The medley mode in volume 2 is a fun new twist.

I like the song selection in this volume better than the first, since it has more classic rock and disco. Rock and Roll All Night, Sweet Home Alabama, and I Will Survive are the fizzucking jizzoints. My girlfriend is happy to see Friends in Low Places (Garth Brooks) on there.

I bet fans of today's music won't be as happy though. Britney, Jessica, Christina, and Avril.... whoopdie-frigging-doo. At least some people actually like The Darkness (one song). The fact that there aren't more tracks from Dido (1) and Faith Hill (1) is nuts.

What I'd like to know is when... WHEN... when is Konami going to put out a Karaoke Revolution game with Y-M-C-A on it. How do you put out any karaoke compilation without THAT song?!

They ought to just drop expansions discs into categories. 70s, 80s, 90s. Money making machine.

The ones I've yet to see is Sweet Child O' Mine and Bohemian Rhapsody. C'mon Konami!

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
WasabiKing said:
They ought to just drop expansions discs into categories. 70s, 80s, 90s. Money making machine.

The ones I've yet to see is Sweet Child O' Mine and Bohemian Rhapsody. C'mon Konami!

Konami USA should just release all those J-Pop expansions/volumes from Japan here. They're like way over 20+ volumes now......and singing all those J-tunes would be a nice and fun change from all the American tuneage...heh.

kpop100 said:
Karaoke at home just doesn't seem right.

When you can bring over a group of friends, supply a healthy amount of alchohol, and play the game through your own pumpin' home sound set-up, then having the karaoke experience at home is much better than having it a dingy and dinky public karaoke joint. :p

Brofist

Kumiko Nikaido said:
When you can bring over a group of friends, supply a healthy amount of alchohol, and play the game through your own pumpin' home sound set-up, then having the karaoke experience at home is much better than having it a dingy and dinky public karaoke joint. :p

In Japan the karaoke place are neither dingy nor dirty. Many have all you can drink specials, and the song selection is 1000x better :)

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
kpop100 said:
In Japan the karaoke place are neither dingy nor dirty. Many have all you can drink specials, and the song selection is 1000x better :)

Oh, you're talking about the places in Japan...heh. Ok, I agree with you there, the karaoke establishments in Japan are fab indeed. ^_^

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What I'd like to know is when... WHEN... when is Konami going to put out a Karaoke Revolution game with Y-M-C-A on it.
That song is on Singstar.

Karaoke at home just doesn't seem right.
Trust me, it can be crazy fun at parties. Especially when, because of the scoring system, people have a material proof of how much they suck :))))

tenchir

My sister finally played the game today. It was really hilarious watching her sing Irresistable, she just doesn't have the lung to sing that song.

Kumiko Nikaido said:
Konami USA should just release all those J-Pop expansions/volumes from Japan here. They're like way over 20+ volumes now......and singing all those J-tunes would be a nice and fun change from all the American tuneage...heh.

5 people would buy it. You'd be better off getting a modded PS2.

Kumiko Nikaido said:

That's why I enjoy it now, I just host it at my house, have a decent of group of people come in, bring booze, and while I'm not singing, I'm mixing drinks. I did that for four weekends straight.

BTW, if you've ever been to Silver Cloud in the Marina district, it's a really nice establishment with decent priced drinks (for the Marina) and it's loads of fun.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
WasabiKing said:
BTW, if you've ever been to Silver Cloud in the Marina district, it's a really nice establishment with decent priced drinks (for the Marina) and it's loads of fun.

Silver Cloud, eh? Nice, I'll check it out sometime. :)

Kumiko Nikaido said:
Silver Cloud, eh? Nice, I'll check it out sometime. :)

It's an actual stage, so you sing in front of people. The host is very good, of course. They should not have the guy sing in front of everyone, he just intimidates everyone, haha. He's that damned good. And then you have some really strange cats that show up, you'll see. It's great, get their early, there's no cover, but parking's a bitch, and it'll get packed by 11 PM. Get your requests in early too, or else they'll never call you out...

There's also a karaoke lounge by the Safeway in Fillmore by Japantown. I ahven't been there in years, but that place will always be remembered as the time I charmed an old ex. Great times. $35 an hour, sing all you want. They don't have a liquor license, but it was a place that was BYOB.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
WasabiKing said:
It's an actual stage, so you sing in front of people. The host is very good, of course. They should not have the guy sing in front of everyone, he just intimidates everyone, haha. He's that damned good. And then you have some really strange cats that show up, you'll see. It's great, get their early, there's no cover, but parking's a bitch, and it'll get packed by 11 PM. Get your requests in early too, or else they'll never call you out...

There's also a karaoke lounge by the Safeway in Fillmore by Japantown. I ahven't been there in years, but that place will always be remembered as the time I charmed an old ex. Great times. $35 an hour, sing all you want. They don't have a liquor license, but it was a place that was BYOB.

Cool info., WasabiKing. Silver Cloud sounds unique and that karaoke lounge in Japantown sounds.....um, shady (which ahem.....is good. :p). I'll tell my friends about them. They'll probably be down with everything. Woo!

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
I just played a couple of hours of Volume 2 with my friends. Like Volume 1, this game is pure party fun. The song list, while more varied in genres, just doesn' t have that "cool" factor from Volume 1.......but that doesn't matter, as you'll sing away to get those gold and platinum medals to unlock more songs, characters, outfits, stages, videos, and other bonus goodies.

The song list if you're not privy:

Baby One More Time
Born To Be Wild
Cry
Drift Away
Every Breath You Take
Friends In Low Places
Genie in a Bottle
Heartbreak Hotel
Here Without You
Hot Stuff
I Believe in a Thing Called Love
I Hate Everything About You
I Will Survive
I'll Make Love to You
I'm With You
Irresistible
It's My Life
I've Got You Under My Skin
Jesse's Girl
Lady Marmalade
Let's Get It On
Miss You
My Girl
Papa Don't Preach
Perfect
Rich Girl
Rock and Roll All Night
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
Sweet Home Alabama
The First Cut is the Deepest
The Joker
Toxic
Virtual Insanity
We Are Family
White Flag

Songs like "Toxic" (Britney Spears), "Heartbreak Hotel" (Elvis Presley), and "I'll Make Love to You" (Boyz II Men) are toughies for sure. "Every Breath You Take" (Sting) is groovin' as always, and "Virtual Insanity" (Jamiroquai) is happy pappy.

We'll be striving to perfect our singing skills with this one! ^_^

Top Bottom