• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy Marketing questions

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I know the game had some print ads, but how scarce (or prevelent) were they? Where did they appear? Was there ANY other marketing for the title?

I've seen them in PSM and thats about it.

This forum was really the main reason I got it , Chittagong hsa a good point.

WarPig

There were enthusiast print and online ads, I think.

Namco's currently trying to get it on the OPM demo disc, if they haven't sealed the deal already. They're not just gonna let it go out of print, either -- they've said they'll print as many more as they can get orders for.

DFS.

GDJustin

WarPig said:
There were enthusiast print and online ads, I think.

Namco's currently trying to get it on the OPM demo disc, if they haven't sealed the deal already. They're not just gonna let it go out of print, either -- they've said they'll print as many more as they can get orders for.

DFS.

Yeah, I emailed the PR manager for the title earlier today and was informed that Namco would make the game readily available to any outlet that wants copies.

On a related note, anyone have anything they'd like me to ask? I was mainly inquiring about how Namco worked to optomize the game's success despite it's... how shall we say... quirkiness.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I saw Katamari Damacy's product info link on the frontpage for Gamestop.com

As for the ad, I think it was in the latest issue of Gamepro

Katamari Damacy has had the best word of mouth success of any game I've seen since the first couple months GTAIII was out.

GDJustin

Thanks for the input guys. It's too bad there's no way to actually quantify word of mouth. This article is going to be hard to write tomorrow...

Top Bottom