• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy Review - Gamespy

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/katamari-damashii/549229p1.html?fromint=1

4.5/5

Adding to the experience is the wonderful sound. You may not even notice the sound effects until you roll over your first animal. Hearing a bird frantically chirping or a cow's paniced mooing as it becomes helplessly stuck to the katamari is always good for a laugh. People are even more fun to catch. And once your katamari grows enough, the wild honking of captured cars or the terrified screams of people in building that have been ripped off of their foundation is a treat.

You know, mentioning all that makes the game sound extremely cruel. Like you're getting a sadistic thrill from injuring people and animals.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"You know, mentioning all that makes the game sound extremely cruel. Like you're getting a sadistic thrill from injuring people and animals."

Haha

Another great review for Katamari, woo

Suerte

Deepthroat said:
I just got a reply from Namco Europe.. no PAL-version is planned at the moment.

:bleh! :(

Weird, it's usually Europe that get the quirky japanese games first/only.

P90

I ordered my copy from the local EB. The manager and the grunt never heard of it. When I told them about the game they had a blank stare similar to an absence seizure. I gues because it doesn't have guns that shoot everyone the game is worthless. They're both Xbox fans. Gotta figure.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I thought it was cool that the Gamestop maganger today actually commented about the game when I asked for it and gave positive impressions of the game. My Gamestop rox

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
shoplifter said:
I can't wait to go into the shop and hear someone ask for it by saying Damacy like "Macy's".

exactly why i didnt preorder in store... aint no fucking way i could pronounce that shit

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I'm worried the local EB's are going to get two copies and they will be gone because I didn't pre-order. :(

shoplifter

op_ivy said:
exactly why i didnt preorder in store... aint no fucking way i could pronounce that shit

I'm actually surprised that Namco didn't just translate it as damashii...ya know...considering that's what it is.

SyNapSe

P90 said:
I ordered my copy from the local EB. The manager and the grunt never heard of it. When I told them about the game they had a blank stare similar to an absence seizure.

You honestly expect normal people to know of this game? From what I can tell it's apparently a quirky JPN puzzle type title about rolling around all over shit. I need to watch some more vids or something because its obviously highly regarded here, but still just at first glance it's obvious why most NA people wouldn't bother to care.

Top Bottom