• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy sales numbers?

jenov4

I notice this on the EB Games homepage:

katago.jpg

Best selling title! I've tried calling a few EB's in my area (Toronto) and noone's got them in stock. I'm just wondering if we've got any sales numbers for this kick ass game yet?

Go Namco! :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fennec fox said:
They shipped 2 and I think my brother bought one of them for his wife.

i got #2. looks like all have been accounted for. go namco!

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
All right, one of you has obviously stolen my brother's copy. I'm calling 911 on the gaf!!!

Meier

Put it this way -- were fenegi to predict a low number sold for this title, one could actually take his prediction to heart. Most all shops who bothered to order it, only got 2-3 copies, Amazon isnt stocking it, etc. I bought it the day it was available here naturally but I would expect it to do (even with a perhaps larger second shipment) no more than 30k copies in its first month and that might be generous.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fable wishes it had the open areas of Katamari Damacy...simple concepts beat out overly complicated ideas and broken promises once again! :p

Good to hear, I wonder what the sales numbers will be. I feel bad for the people that snatched up copies to sell on Ebay when it got rare, Namco is sure to print more copies if they are being snatched off the shelves like this.

And where the hell is Katamari Damacy 2? Give me, NOW!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Anyone thinking this game is going to sell well is nuts. I'll bet anything the first (only) printing is 30-40K.

Edit: yes I believe it IS selling well, I just mean that even if that initial printing sold out (which I bet it has) that still doesn't amount to many sales.

ferricide

probably has something to do with the fact that EB is the only mainstream online retailer that has it shipping right now. gamestop is backordered. i just ordered mine from EB. yum.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It's also getting a The Best reprinting Nov 4, there's where I'll be able to pick a copy up.

jenov4

I thought "The Best" series had some qualifications like selling over X amount of copies, and be in stores more than 1 year?

Yusaku

I ended up picking up a copy at Best Buy since EBGames was taking forever. Maybe I'll hang on to the second copy and see if it ends up worth something. :)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
jenov4 said:
I thought "The Best" series had some qualifications like selling over X amount of copies, and be in stores more than 1 year?
Well...
NCS said:
SKU 11PX-04
Katamari Damacy - Best [Preorder]
Preorders for the Japanese PS2 import Katamari Damacy ship automatically on November 4, 2004.
As long as it exists, I'll be gettin' it.

Top Bottom