• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy ships! Anyone get it yet?

Rhage

box-l.jpg

According to EBGames it ships today. Meaning it should be in stores tomorrow and possible at some today. Anyone able to find a copy yet?

Glad to see the reviews are kicking ass. At $20, you can't lose. As a gamer, it is your duty to go out and buy this game and tell everyone about it.

Namco is about to earn some serious bonus points. And already has by simply not screwing up the box.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
NotMSRP said:
Tomorrow's the official day! Show us your receipts or be banned!

I'll take a picture with the camera I got from Sammy Studios. :D

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
My copy was sent today. Will probably have it on Thursday/Friday. Yey!
Not that I really need it, since I already have the import version. But I want to support the release of this great game anyway, and $20 is really nothing! :)

aku:jiki

Kiriku said:
My copy was sent today. Will probably have it on Thursday/Friday. Yey!
Not that I really need it, since I already have the import version. But I want to support the release of this great game anyway, and $20 is really nothing! :)
I don't think the americans 'round here have any idea how great of a deal that is for us swedes. I'm getting it too, just to support it. $20 really is nothing!

(Directly converted, a game in a swedish store can easily cost upwards of $90.)

FnordChan

I forgot to preorder, so I called up the local GameStop. The employee knew about the game, was psyched about it themselves...and had no idea if the store had bothered to order any copies. Hopefully I can swing by tomorrow and grab a copy. If not, I'm going to curl up fetal and cry myself to sleep.

Okay, I'll probably just go buy it at another store.

FnordChan

Meier

Checked the local EB, wont have it until tomorrow.. wasnt sure how many copies they were getting. Here's to hoping. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
EBgames now reports ship date as 9/22. Looks like their distribution center really did take a hit

olimario

Banned
I stopped by and talked to my local hunchback EB manager today and he said it was coming in tomorrow. I should get a call around 10 in the morning to go pick it up.

I've been to 3 different stores and no one has heard of it. I've had to spell it out 3 different times. I really wish I could get a job in a game store. Not only am I more attractive, friendly, and outgoing... but I have a greater knowledge of games.
They must know my Nintendo bias. :(

Belfast

Wario64 said:
EBgames now reports ship date as 9/22. Looks like their distribution center really did take a hit

Told you guys, but you do not listen to my thread! :p

And DDR Extreme still has not shipped, yet, either, despite the fact that I can no longer cancel the order.

Cancelled my order on EBGames.com (since they changed the ship date) and ordered it on Gamestop.com instead (says they have it in stock). Better deal at Gamestop too since they don't charge tax and have a coupon special for 3-day shipping for only $1 (or media mail shipping for free).

Belfast

They may not ship until tomorrow now (since I ordered it so late), but at least they actually HAVE it.

Edit: Also, EB Games seems to have DDR Extreme IN STOCK. However, it HAS NOT SHIPPED YET. Fuck EB.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Code:
GameStop
Winfield Shopping(F)
966 Blossom Hill Road
San Jose, CA 95123
(408)362-0202 	Distance (miles) =2 	Units in stock=0 	More on the way=Yes

GameStop
Oakridge Mall
925 Blossom Hill Road, ste1013
San Jose, CA 95123
(408)281-0872 	2 	Units in stock=0 	More on the way=Yes

GameStop
Tully Corners (F)
1990 Tully Road
San Jose, CA 95122
(408)531-9451 	5 	Units in stock=0 	More on the way=Yes

GameStop
San Jose
3600A Stevens Creek Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95117
(408)261-9011 	9 	Units in stock=0 	More on the way=Yes

Please get it in tomorrow...or maybe I should just call and see if they have any. That store locater thing isn't very reliable

SuperPac

I preordered it tonight along with Donkey Konga. Guy at the local EB here said that myself and him are the only two people who have it preordered there. Fun. I hope it comes in tomorrow.

Viva la supporting great imports domestically! Err...something.

Dyne

That would be awesome if I got it up here today in Canada. I only have one class tomorrow. I could pull an all-nighter.

Tomorrow would be fine too, I guess.

Dyne said:
That would be awesome if I got it up here today in Canada. I only have one class tomorrow. I could pull an all-nighter.

Tomorrow would be fine too, I guess.

Please update if so.

Tjod it's 8:50, nm.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
How do you magic men find out if your local store has any copies or is set to receive some?

EDIT: Ohh I'm sorry, for some reason I thought it was through EBGames! Apologies for my oversight. Thanks for the quick reply Wario64!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
it depends on if they ship it ground, or next day.
Gamestop never had a preorder sku in the computer for the game :(

I'm willing to bet that they shipped it ground, i'll call and check tomorow.
I work at the stupid store yet I ordered at the website.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
After work I gotta stop at the bank, and then I'm gonna go to FuncoLand and pick up a copy... My girlfriend usually comes over on Wednesdays though, and I always feel bad playing games in front of her and just making her watch (and new games always are out in stores on Wed), so I probably won't have much time to play...

I just HAVE to see what the big deal with this game is... Then I can start my own hype machine for it.

shoplifter

Prospero said:
My 9/20 order at Gamestop still hasn't shipped--the order page just continues to say, "Usually ships in 24 hours."

Same here, but I ordered it the first week of August. Fuckers.

signet

Katamari Damacy was a no show at EB today (Blood Will Tell did not show up either).

Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PS2, no PC) Xmen Legends (PS2, Xb, GC), Yu-Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament and Monster Hunter did arrive. Oh well Monster Hunter and Xmen will have to hold me over.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, EB just moved the ship date up to today...so I guess we won't see it until tomorrow? :(

robojimbo said:
Has anyone recieved a result that didn't have straight 0's yet?
theres probably around 40 stores within 200 miles of here, and not a single one has this game in stock, according to that availability checker.

Top Bottom