• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari for cheap at Fry's...

Priz

At least at the SoCal locations...

frys-kd.jpg

The NorCal ads aren't up yet, so we'll see...

Glad to see them stocking it. They were one of the few stores to heavily promote Samba de Amigo with demostations in most locations and the most sets of Maracas I saw anywhere (some locations had 50+ sets at $89.95/each)

mosaic

go eat paint
God dammit -- we NEED a Fry's in the Midwest!!!!
<p>
(Katamari at $14.99 is the ultimate cheapy Christmas gift.)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hell, for $15 i'll buy the us version just to read the text. i've always wondered what the king was saying between levels.

8bit

Knows the Score
Bastards, it's dirt cheap over there, but Namco have no plans to bring it to Europe.
I hope Fresh games or similar pick it up.

Priz

Wario64 said:
I'm surprised they're even advertising the game. +1 Fry's

Well, they did have Phantom Brave on sale the week it came out for what? $10 less than msrp? I was really surprised to see that. I bet we'll see Taiko in the Fry's ad too for $49 or so.

Thats awesome that Frys is advertising it! Hopefully a lot of people will just blind buy it because of that. Although, there may be a lot of causual backlash as its not your normal game at all.

Priz

seismologist said:
just picked mine up at N. Cal Fry's for $14.99 :D

It looked like they had plenty of copies (about 10)

Which location?

I went to Sunnyvale Fry's around 1:30 to pick up Katamari... all gone. They had 10 copies according to the guy who put them on the shelf that morning. They looked it up in the computer and San Jose had 14... but a guy came up right then and asked for the game, saying he just came from San Jose and they were sold out.

Campbell had 6 in the computer, so I had them call, they said they had 3 left, so I had them hold one in my name... I showed up, the other 2 were sold already, luckily mine was still there. I just got back and thought I'd update this post in case anyone reading this was thinking of hitting one of those three locations after work. Maybe Palo Alto, Fremont or Concord still have some?

Priz said:
Which location?

I went to Sunnyvale Fry's around 1:30 to pick up Katamari... all gone. They had 10 copies according to the guy who put them on the shelf that morning. They looked it up in the computer and San Jose had 14... but a guy came up right then and asked for the game, saying he just came from San Jose and they were sold out.

Campbell had 6 in the computer, so I had them call, they said they had 3 left, so I had them hold one in my name... I showed up, the other 2 were sold already, luckily mine was still there. I just got back and thought I'd update this post in case anyone reading this was thinking of hitting one of those three locations after work. Maybe Palo Alto, Fremont or Concord still have some?

oh shit. I went to Sunnyvale Fry's at about 11:30 and there were 10. I bet some loser bought them all to put up on eBay.

Priz said:
Campbell had 6 in the computer, so I had them call, they said they had 3 left, so I had them hold one in my name... I showed up, the other 2 were sold already, luckily mine was still there.

I went to Campbell Fry's @ 11:30 this morning. The video game aisle was torn up, in the midst of having inventory moved to their new VG section. The sign in the aisle said, "More games located in aisle 16B."

Not a single aisle was labeled :(

Finally found the PS2 games, though, and my copy of KD :)

Top Bottom