• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KEEP YOUR COPIES NOW! Street Fighter Anniv Collection XBOX recall!!!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I hope this isn't an actual problem, because I haven't opened my copy yet and would like to send it back if it's something bad.

But if it's just the W-Code, yeah, screw them. :)

PhatSaqs

Banned
lmao @ "defect".

I think that it had to have been tested as the bootup sequence is even different when playing in an asian XB versus a US one (with the ESRB warnings and all).

Jonnyram

It's the bug where when both players choose rematch, in Xbox Live matches, it quits out without rematching. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot and I've had it a few times too.

Shame there are so few people playing this. I think another problem with the w-code games is that you end up playing people on the opposite side of the world with insanely bad lag. One fight I had was ridiculous.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Jonnyram said:
It's the bug where when both players choose rematch, in Xbox Live matches, it quits out without rematching. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot and I've had it a few times too.

Shame there are so few people playing this. I think another problem with the w-code games is that you end up playing people on the opposite side of the world with insanely bad lag. One fight I had was ridiculous.
Hmm. I havent experienced this at all in about 50 matches or so.

Playing against overseas peeps does suck tho. I dont think this is something we can ever look forward to in online fighting games sadly :(.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jonnyram said:

That doesn't sound so bad, but I'm still tempted to send the game back now and wait for the next shipment. Does it bother you guys at all when it happens, or is it just not a big deal? I guess I just don't want Phantasy Star Online GC all over again, when Sega recalled the first shipment of the Japanese release and made it so that people couldn't play that version online anymore. :\

BTW, DOA Ultimate is region free, but since it's releasing in Japan next week anyway, it probably doesn't matter.

Jesiatha

If it was an online bug, why wouldn't they just do an online update? If there is a recall, I would guess it is either a manufacturing defect or something in the offline game.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
For those of you who have it, can you answer some questions for me?

1. When you play the game on a US Xbox, is Urien's time out loss pose censored or uncensored? (The US PS2 version has no blood, the Japanese version has blood)

2. Does the game support 480p? If so, how's it look in 480p?

3. Visually, is it sharper than the PS2 or more blurry? (If you have the PS2 version or have played it of course).

Thanks!

Mashing

SKluck said:
w code means no region lock, it will play in japanese on a jap xbox and in english on a us xbox.

Umm, they'll definately be fixing that... and why not, it's in their best interest to fix that if they want to sell more copies.

hirokazu

Do The Mario said:
I hope this doesn’t delay the Australian release in a few weeks!

wait, so they're actually releasing this on Xbox in Australia and yet all the PS2 gets here is SF2? wtf? why?

Top Bottom