• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC vs Popeyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Okay people vote.

Ill go first.

Popeyes. Main reason: Popeyes biscuits are out of this world. So soft and butter, meanwhile kfc doesnt even seem to use butter in their biscuits. I think all they do is mix flour and water together and hope for the best. The chicken at popeyes seem a lot less salty and the skin is actually edible

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Popeyes, no contest.

Although Church's beats em both. Fried Okra.

Prospero

I have to go with KFC here.

Though the Popeye's I went to in downtown New Orleans (where the cooks apparently threw the corporate recipe book out the window and whipped up their own Louisiana-style food) trumps all other chicken fast-food restaurants.

Outlaw

Banned
popeye.jpg

tmdorsey

I love both, but I give the edge to KFC original. Damn, now I got a taste for Popeye's for lunch and there's not one nowhere near my job. :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Popeyes is waaaay better, so juicy and flavorful. KFC always tries to fake flavor by dumping 3 cups of pepper in every bucket. Gross! >_<

OmniGamer

KFC:
Pros...the KFC Twister wrap...BBQ baked beans, cole slaw,chicken strips
Cons..."Welcome to KFC, would you like some chicken with that GREESE?"

Popeyes:
Pros...Chicken tenderloins, popcorn shrimp, Chicken/Shrimp Po'boy sandwhiches
Cons....the Popeye's that was right down the block from me was closed for renovations, to come back as a Popeye's/Dunkin Donuts combo....thank you, you bastids....i've lost 60 pounds so far and have NO plans to gain that back...temptful bastids!

evil ways

Popeye's for sure, for the aforementioned biscuit argument and the fact that the chicken is not as greasy as KFCs, it's still crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside but not greasy.

The fries are also better.

Mustang

Banned
Hartz Chicken!

Well, between Popeyes and KFC i have to go with Popeyes.

I like it. I like their menu better overall.

Kuramu

I think it must depoend on the specific restaurant, if you can call them that.

someone mentioned Churches, and there's no way anyone would say that if their Churches chicken tastes like the one down the street from me.... flavorless leather

I like original recipe from my KFC, but it is much too greasy. Love their Pot Pies too.
I also like the spicy chicken from Popeyes, but i think it could be a little more tender and could use a fuller flavor.

levious

Kuramu said:
someone mentioned Churches, and there's no way anyone would say that if their Churches chicken tastes like the one down the street from me.... flavorless leather

I believe churches went under a few years ago, and remaining stores are more or less independent of each other... I'd imagine a big difference between locations nowadays.

Popeyes dominates! For one reason and one reason alone. Cajun rice!

Churches does actually does have better fast food chicken than the two.

Cherubae

KFC, mainly because I've never had Popeye's Chicken.

Their website says there are only about 4 Popeye's locations in the entire state of Oregon. I guess that would explain my lack of Popeye's experience. It's the same way for those Sonic Drive-in locations that advertise on tv. Sure their burgers look good, but I don't plan on driving out of state to eat one.

lordmrw

KFc for me. I like Popeye's biscuits (oh my god those biscuits!), but the chicken just tastes flavorless to me. Yeah, KFC is greasy, but I guess I just like it that way.

levious

sonic does suck ass...

and we should clarify that Popeyes Spicy chicken is what rocks... I can't imagine someone calling that flavorless.

Kuramu

KFC and Popeyes aside, the best fried chicken i've ever had is from some small, fatcat type restaurant here near Rutgers. La Familia. Their fried chicken it the only one that is good enough for me to actually eat the skin (which i normally can stand doing)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Popeyes. They just opened a location here a couple months ago and like what others have mentioned already, their biscuits rock

Miguel

levious said:
Pollo Campero if you got one near you

Fuck yes...

Although it's no where near as good as the Pollo Camero's in central america. *drool*

Something about it is different, but god damn...I haven't been in years. :(

Although everytime a family member goes to El Salvador, they bring a box back...it's like smuggling cubans....but better!

OmniGamer

I'm still laughing at KFC for trying to pass off their chicken as "healthy" and saying it's "a good source of protein"....DUH, it's fucking chicken...it's also fattening as hell with the skin and buckets of grease injected into it.

Fried Chicken is my absolute favorite food. Here are my rankings of favorite fried chicken outside of homemade!

1) Popeyes Spicy Chicken

2) KFC Original

3) Albertsons: This supermarket makes pretty good chicken and for a while they were selling 8 pieces for only 3.99. I like to go when I know they're about to cook more because their chicken rules when it's straight from the fryer.

4) Churchs Chicken: A little too plain for my taste. Very crisp outside, perfectly golden, but not enough flavor.

Don't be afraid to purchase Banquets Frozen Spicy Chicken from your grocer if you have a craving for chicken and you can't make it to any of the above places. When cooked in the oven it makes for a pretty good fried chicken meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom