• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Okay, I now made up my mind.
I will play EVERY chapter AT LEAST three times each (
not counting the speedrunning achievements or "Beat Boss X with Weapon Y" stuff
).
Once the normal way like everyone else does.
Once with the music cranked up to eleven and sound fx and voice volume down to zero.
Once with voice cranked up to eleven and sound fx and music down to zero.

Really gotta appreciate the work Sakurai and his team put into this itsy bitsy tiny cartridge.

Also, to make it more readable for all of GAF:

We need to organize a Kid Icarus Uprising tournament!

Seriously. I mean, like, what the hell, there can be two tournaments or more!

Light vs. Dark - 2vs2, 3vs3
Free-For-All: 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 players at once.

I seriously want this to happen but I am too stupid to organize something like that. :(

I just discovered you can zoom the camera in on the cutscenes! Kojima!
Wut!

Palms will change your life.
There's even one that shoots Hearts.
Using a Ninja Palm atm with 304 value.
1 1/2 Ranged
4 1/2 Melee
Overall Defense +2
Poison +1
Forward Dash Shot +1
Power Attack +4 (fear my laser I guess)

Having a pure melee in Single player is suicide. Period.
Depends on the level. It's fun though since you have to play a totally different game.

It got on a lot of those bad lists because of the demo but from many of the impressions I've read the people who actually bought full game enjoyed it.
Those are probably MGS fans though.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
LOL @ the flying section in Chapter
It's a straight-up shmup.

I'm amazed that every single chapter has it's own setting. Chapter 1 and 3 look similar, but that's about it. Every other one is completely unique.

From those who have played the two which is better, Xenoblade Chronicles or Kid Icarus Uprising? I only have enough money for one. :(

Damn that's tough. Both games are damn near perfect. If you know you're going to have a lot of free time, then I say go for Xenoblade first. Otherwise, Kid Icarus. Either way, make sure you grab the other one later.

Korosenai

We need to organize a Kid Icarus Uprising tournament!

Seriously. I mean, like, what the hell, there can be two tournaments or more!

Light vs. Dark - 2vs2, 3vs3
Free-For-All: 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 players at once.

I seriously want this to happen but I am too stupid to organize something like that. :(

I like this idea..... a lot.......

Veal

Yo we up in da club! Black Clubs are like distilled rape. Had an excellent night in LvD with it. and it was a fairly low end one too!

You know I am one of the biggest S&P2 fans on the board.

As a shooter, it is not as good. But it comes so damn close and excels in a bunch of other ways that blow past S&P2.
ph9k6.jpg

Neiteio

I spent like 30 mins. trying to figure it out what unlocks this song. Guess what? It's
Destroy 230 enemies and clear the chapter
It's next to impossible unless you lower it to 0.0 so you can one hit everything during the air section. I ended up getting just 2 more than I needed so its really strict. Good luck!
Ah, thank you! I know what I'll be attempting tomorrow!

Chapter 8: Clear this Chapter within 20 minutes
So that's how you get the Poseidon Cannon? Awesome. :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nothing like having trouble getting through a stage on 2.0 to tell you a weapon isn't for you. I'm sure Guardian Orbitars can be great for some people with the wall of damage that shoots forward, but man that is not my style and made me do horrible against those reapers.

Jintor

I thought the ancient staff was awesome, but it's total balls on foot. I can deal with slow movement if it's a club and I can reflect damage, but with a staff when I can't even figure out how to snipe? Total balls.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
This game has the best graphics, music, gameplay and content of any 3DS game. If the following chapters keep getting even better (I'm on
), it may reach godlike status and be one of the top 5 best handheld games I've played.

Pure crack.

Jintor

This game has the best graphics, music, gameplay and content of any 3DS game. If the following chapters keep getting even better (I'm on 16), it may reach godlike status and be one of the top 5 best handheld games I've played.

Pure crack.

fufufufufufu

Jintor

I'm achievement whoring in this game D:

But since achievement whoring means 'playing it' and I really like playing it, I guess I don't really mind

olimpia84

Good news is that I pretty much have ground controls nailed. The key is to be patient and using a ranged weapons helps tremendously. The bad news is that I can't play this game without a stand anymore...when I first got it I was fine by playing it anywhere but I got so used to the stand eventually that I can't really play without it now. Not that it matters a lot though since I play this game mostly at home.

Aucool

I'm playing this games for three days and it's like masturbating with sand paper: its wonderful but what a pain. In other words: the control scheme is really horrible.

Good news is that I pretty much have ground controls nailed. The key is to be patient and using a ranged weapons helps tremendously. The bad news is that I can't play this game without a stand anymore...when I first got it I was fine by playing it anywhere but I got so used to the stand eventually that I can't really play without it now. Not that it matters a lot though since I play this game mostly at home.

Weird, I can't play it with a stand anymore

Just laying down and playing it is way more comfortable.

Diffense

Weird, I can't play it with a stand anymore

Just laying down and playing it is way more comfortable.

I'm not very comfortable with the stand either. Right now my technique is to press the lower right corner of the system into my right palm and extend the stylus fully so I can touch everywhere on the screen without moving my hand. Works for me...the additional support helps.

On another note, I'm honestly overwhelmed by the weapon fusing. I can never make up my mind and end up hoarding everything I get.

Jintor

I don't understand, the save file has been played for 19:18 but the play time is about 13:52. What? I can't have been fusing for that long right? :| It must have been counting sleep time...

Ordered the limited edition mini-soundtrack off of the Japanese Club Nintendo today. I had to wait till Kingdom Hearts came out before I could get enough points. XD.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Went to pick this up in Brisbane but as usual all the JB's/Targets/Big W's had no stock, and EB had them at a totally reasonable $68. I refused to pay that so I'll wait til tomorrow and see how I go.

Top Bottom