• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill.Zone at Ozzfest

Dave Long

Banned
Well, I played it and it wasn't exactly thrilling. Hard to get an appreciation for it with heavy metal blaring behind you but I thought the control was sluggish and the game didn't do all that great a job of directing you. Also, it was so dark in game I couldn't see shit.

GT4... played it... not that impressed with the demo they had. Was kinda bummed actually. Gods of War looked ok though. Hot Shots Golf Fore! was fun too.

Best of all, I just saw Rob Halford of Judas Priest sing with Black Sabbath. Ozzy had bronchitis and couldn't go on tonight and asked Rob to fill in. There were some cries of foul among the crowd but it sounded superb and they got a great ovation at the end of the night. It was history being made on stage.

Meier

God of War is amazing and was certainly one of the top 10 games at E3. Killzone was shit though and will be shit when finished. All hype without question.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Meier said:
God of War is amazing and was certainly one of the top 10 games at E3. Killzone was shit though and will be shit when finished. All hype without question.

Absolutely wrong. I played it at E3 and thought it was over-rated. I recently got to sit down with it properly and my opinions have been changed - I think it's great. Not a Halo-beater by any means but a stunning and highly polished linear game. Easily one of the best on PS2.

I find it's like a compact Call of Duty more than a Halo. It's also not the kind of game you can get a feel for in 10 minutes at a trade show. The first level ain't too hot, but the concrete level where you can use three of the characters rules.

Azrael

SCEE has been one letdown after another this generation so I don't have much faith in Killzone. SCEE were behind some great PSOne games but they have done nothing of consequence on the PS2.

Top Bottom