• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killed my lawn mower today, GAF help me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLCats

Banned
Evening GAF.

Today i ran over a metal pipe with my Honda mower.

It was only 5 months old and was a beautiful machine.

I went to lawn mower fix it place and the crank shaft is bent along with the blades.

Would cost 300$+ to fix it.

I went to home depot and bought a new mower. 360$ for a new beauty.

I dug the pipe out of the ground now, but I'm hurt and disappoint.

GAF help me laugh it out.

Cuz right now i have killed a mower and am upset.

hqdefault.jpg

I did, but im undecided if i want to store a busted mower...

only thing you need on a honda engine that will be salvagable would be the air filter, spark plug, carb and rope starter. All these can be easily removed and stored

guess you could keep the gas cap, wheels and bag. throw out the rest

LOLCats

Banned
only thing you need on a honda engine that will be salvagable would be the air filter, spark plug, carb and rope starter. All these can be easily removed and stored

guess you could keep the gas cap, wheels and bag. throw out the rest

Thats good advice. Ill keep that stuff then recycle the rest.

Bodacious

Banned
I did, but im undecided if i want to store a busted mower...

You don't need to keep the whole mower. Just drain the fuel tank, unbolt the engine from the deck, and put it in a box. Later, when you realize you're never going to need those spare parts, make a go-kart.

I won a Honda lawnmower at a Jays game last year, I sold it in the Spring

Those things are expensive!

Which model did you have? The one I won looks very similar to the one you posted pics of

LOLCats

Banned
This is the one I won, the retail value after assembly and freight in Canada is 600+ dollars lol

YNkuGfh.jpg

Nice mower!

Crazy the second low-end self-propelled one for me after veteran discount was 360$ US.

Okay GAF, ive stripped the pull cord assembly, removed air filter and rubber guard on the back. Feel a little better, will remove sparkplug and wheels tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom