• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Bees Invade Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
link

WEST PALM BEACH -- As if hurricanes, roaches, sea lice and insurance bills weren't bad enough, Floridians can add a new menace to their list of worries. Killer bees are here.

And they're going to change your life. After decades of hype and cheesy disaster movies, Africanized honeybees have established a foothold in Florida, bringing a hair-trigger temper that makes them a threat to farmworkers, landscapers, meter readers, firefighters and basically everyone who ventures outdoors.
Shut-ins FTW!

Once angered, the Africanized bees stay agitated for as long as 24 hours, posing a continuing hazard, Barnes said.

In September, a swarm of Africanized bees trapped three residents in their Miami Gardens home and attacked several firefighters, three dogs and two television journalists after someone tried to move the log where the bees were living, The Miami Herald reported at the time. One dog died.

Near LaBelle in Hendry County, Imogene Risner said her niece was washing a horse near their home last year when a cloud of bees attacked, besieging the animal's head and face. The horse died that night after suffering about 2,000 stings, she said.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
And they're going to change your life. After decades of hype and cheesy disaster movies, Africanized honeybees have established a foothold in Florida, bringing a hair-trigger temper that makes them a threat to farmworkers, landscapers, meter readers, firefighters and basically everyone who ventures outdoors.

AFRICANIZED - FEAR THE BLACK MAN!

Americans - please make sure you are terrified at all costs. If you aren't terrified then the terrorists win... oh wait...

GhaleonEB

DCharlie said:
AFRICANIZED - FEAR THE BLACK MAN!

Americans - please make sure you are terrified at all costs. If you aren't terrified then the terrorists win... oh wait...
Dammit, that's what I was going to post! Fear the black bees! They will loot your life!

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Killer Bees Invade Florida
400px-Wu-tangclan.jpg

WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN TO FUCK WIT!

Meier

masud said:
Ok what the fuck are sea lice?

Little annoying bastards that live in seaweed... and boy is this shitty news or what? Let's hope they stay in the southern tip of the state! (yeah right)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
jett said:
Florida - worst place on the fucking planet.
Tell me about it.

Why do people keep moving to this godforsaken state?

I can't wait till I have my masters and get out of this hellhole.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Miami ain't too bad if you want to live the night life or if you're rich. Key West is actually really nice for those who are ocean-obsessed. I can't imagine what a flaming shit fest everything above South Florida is however.

Great - then they'll cross breed with the native bees and the next thing you know it will be "Bzzzzz bzzz bzzzzzz African-American Bee History in Schoolzzzzzz. . ." :ROLLEYES:

Hellraizah

Bee Prepared

As the number of Africanized bee colonies increases in an area, so, too, does the likelihood of human and animal encounters with them. Serious human injury can be avoided if the habits of Africanized bees are learned and precautions taken.

* Wear light-colored clothing. Bees tend to attack dark things. Dark clothing, dark hair, any thing dark in color could draw the animus of AHB.

So, what are your chances of surviving if you are black ?

"African" "racist" bees ?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I was gonna say just lure them to a stadium... but somebody already beat me to it. :(

Hmm wait maybe that was The Swarm....

Dr. Jade

Little annoying bastards that live in seaweed... and boy is this shitty news or what? Let's hope they stay in the southern tip of the state! (yeah right)

Hey now, dont be spreadin that crap down here, we got enough problems here in Dade and Broward believe me

Jonk

Yeah, lets point out the BAD parts of a state and say nuke the whole thing. What a bunch of ignorant holes.

South Beach is ONE F'ing scarry place I will admit to that because I was just visiting there last week. Florida is a crossroads of A TON of different cultures that is why there is a good number pf crappenings going on. If your state was in the same geography the same would happen. I could point of trash holes in each one of your states saying its nuke worthy.

Most of the crap that happens in Florida is on the southern half anyways. SO if you are gonna bash the state or nuke it or chop it off and float it over to cuba, get the right part of the state.

Dr. Jade

Most of the crap that happens in Florida is on the southern half anyways. SO if you are gonna bash the state or nuke it or chop it off and float it over to cuba, get the right part of the state.

and which part of this fine great american state are you from sir?

(im not a floridian, im a pennsylvanian college student who happens to be schooled in south florida)

Ronok

o.o Killer bees...... Thank god for the shitty weather in England which stops these things happening. o.o

Bowen_B

Banned
Wow, GAF.
You empathy disappoints me.
Everytime something stupid happens you all rush to post "Only in Florida!"

Now tell me, where's the party at?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
karasu said:
"Killer Bees" is a misnomer.

But it sounds so much cooler than Africanized honeybees.

Plus I'm tired of Africans getting blamed for everything! ;)

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
DarienA said:
But it sounds so much cooler than Africanized honeybees.

Plus I'm tired of Africans getting blamed for everything! ;)
Brazil's fault, if they kept the Africans locked up, none of this would have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom