• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Public Beta Videos

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
What stages are in the Beta? The swamp and the building one were the mulitplayer stages at E3 while the single player offered different locales.

Forsete

Hal... Opps.. ;)

Sure looks interesting. I wanted to get into the beta but I missed out. :(
I hope it makes it out this year.

I'm completely serious when I say this.

Halo what?

This game is looking sweet. I'm supposed the get the beta second hand any day now.

sonycowboy said:

Halo what?

This game is looking sweet. I'm supposed the get the beta second hand any day now.
Yeah, and I'm completely serious that when I say that Halo came out three years ago. You should be a little more concerned about competing with Halo 2, against which Killzone doesn't stand a chance.

Gen.Wedge said:
Yeah, and I'm completely serious that when I say that Halo came out three years ago. You should be a little more concerned about competing with Halo 2, against which Killzone doesn't stand a chance.

When I say Halo, I mean the whole ball of wax, baby! It don't matter what stinking number is attached to it. This game is graphically impressive for any system.

IJoel

sonycowboy said:

Halo what?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

IJoel said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Laugh all you want.

The point I'm trying to make isn't that Killzone will be better than Halo/2. The point is the PS2 has had absolutely nothing as far as FPS's go. For those that feel a draw to get these games, Sony has actually made a game that looks like it can hold the line.

I apologize for the inevitable Halo reference though. I'm not particualarly looking for a pissing contest.

Just saying that the game is looking very, very nice. Better than I've been expecting.

Forsete

sonycowboy said:
When I say Halo, I mean the whole ball of wax, baby! It don't matter what stinking number is attached to it. This game is graphically impressive for any system.

biggthumpup.gif

PhatSaqs

Banned
sonycowboy is just trying to make himself feel good after fanning the flames from all of the bad impressions of Killzone posted on the IGNPS2 messageboards :p

IJoel

sonycowboy said:
Laugh all you want.

The point I'm trying to make isn't that Killzone will be better than Halo/2. The point is the PS2 has had absolutely nothing as far as FPS's go. For those that feel a draw to get these games, Sony has actually made a game that looks like it can hold the line.

I apologize for the inevitable Halo reference though. I'm not particualarly looking for a pissing contest.

Just saying that the game is looking very, very nice. Better than I've been expecting.

I'm not saying Killzone is looking bad or is a bad game, but you should at least wait until you play the beta to make any comments.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm going to have to atleast rent this game. It looks pretty damn amazing.

FightyF

Banned
I've seen the pics, but these movies are great! The environments look sweet.

I don't know why, but after seeing these small clips, I'm already convinced that this is not just-another-FPS-game.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ghost said:
Is there any higher res stuff from the beta?

No, and I doubt we'll be seeing any during this whole Beta time period, mainly because the Beta isn't as public as the topic title implies. It's a closed Beta and whatever happens in the game is between the developers and testers only, or atleast is supposed to be ;).

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Those are nice screens! No dumb AI, just dumb people! j/k Is that the reloading everyone was bitching about?!? It looks fine and realistic.

I have to admit I haven't given this game as much attention as it deserves. I'm actually rather shocked that this is a PS2 game we're looking at. If you told me this was some second-rate developer's attempt at an Xbox game that rips off Halo and adds on a few updated features, I'd believe it. Big props to the Shellshock boys.

Top Bottom