• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*KILLZONE - War is coming! Intro inside*

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Very sweet. I still prefer the title "Kin" to "Killzone", especially after that Hitler-esque speech. I need to see Sony's ads (including gameplay) to effectively compare it to Halo 2, however. :p

Fifty

I admit I don't know much about this game, but I hope it brings enough to the single-player table to warrant a purchase. I know it's supposed to have good multiplayer, but with Halo 2, and all sorts of games coming out this season, I won't have much time for the non-story modes.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Am I the only one that gets a text document when clicking that link?

Shompola

Banned
Society said:
Who is the voice actor? I recognize his voice from other works. Pretty good intro as well.

the same guy who did the lazarus voice in diablo among 1 million other voices in other games.

Forsete

Fantastic intro, gave me shivers. Excellent voice actor, and good music.

Killzone will be one hell of a game (at least that is what I think after having played the demo 6 times :p ).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well, that Big Intro was really good. Gave me some goosebumps even. The guys who made it obviously have a good sense for drama, and I just hope the game will be able to maintain the kind of atmosphere seen here.

Dan

Arcticfox said:
Just Right Click->Save Target As...

The website isn't sending the file type correctly.
Ah, ok. I didn't bother since it was still showing as a text doc, but yeah that worked.

Pretty cool intro. I'd definitely buy this if I had a PS2.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The voice of the black guy (Rico?) seems too deep for someone who's kinda feminine looking. Otherwise, the voices seem very good.

Pretty cool intro. I'd definitely buy this if I had a PS2.
You should buy PS2 not for this, but for Ico. If your avatar is anything to go buy, I'd think you'd love that game :)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Weird, I like the in-game scenes much more than the CG ones. BTW the hype for this game needs to die now or it's flaws will be blown out of proportion.

You should buy PS2 not for this, but for Ico. If your avatar is anything to go buy, I'd think you'd love that game :)
Ico was an artistic masterpiece but a rather mediocre gaming experience. Grim Fandango in the other hand is one of the best games ever. Take that :p

Forsete

Axsider said:
Yes, it is :)

Im not so sure about that.
I think they do the R&C trick, they use the ingame models/worlds (and the games engine, and just record the video?), but the video is actually prerendered. They do this to save load times.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That looks like a very nice snow if that's really real time... If you watch closely you can see the individual snowflakes sometimes when they fly really close to the camera - and they actually look like hexagonal stars and such (there seems to be several different shapes) :p

Ico was an artistic masterpiece but a rather mediocre gaming experience. Grim Fandango in the other hand is one of the best games ever. Take that :p
Heh. Weak.

Dan

Marconelly said:
Actually, ICO has been a very strong temptation for me to buy a PS2. And looking at screens of the upcoming Wanda and the Colussus, well, I'm very, very tempted. I'm just finding it hard to really justify the money for a second console, or even gaming in general, at the moment since I'm planning to spend $10-12k on film equipment within the next couple months. Maybe... I might pick up a PS2 soon, if I can find a sacrifice in my hobby/entertainment spending somewhere else.

Solid

Brian Cox is such an awesome actor. I love his work in Troy and X-Men 2. He's one of my favorites.

Oh, great trailer btw :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dan, heh, I'm kinda in the same position. Still, of all the games I've played in the last couple of years, Ico would be the one that I'd really hate myself for if I missed it :p Just imagine if you never had a chance to know about or play Grim Fandango (which btw, is probably a tie for my favorite game ever, with Ico), and you'll understand what I mean.

Mission Intro: Holy excessive melodrama!
Yeah, I agree. That music is a bit too much. Gives me bad memories of "Armageddon" and it's terrible, super-cliched use of music.

Dan

Marconelly said:
Dan, heh, I'm kinda in the same position. Still, of all the games I've played in the last couple of years, Ico would be the one that I'd really hate myself for if I missed it :p Just imagine if you never had a chance to know about or play Grim Fandango (which btw, is probably a tie for my favorite game ever, with Ico), and you'll understand what I mean.
Heh, well for the love of god, I really need to get my hands on a PS2 then :D Have to see what I can work out... who needs food?

Axsider

Banned
Dan said:
... who needs food?
laugh.gif

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ico is a pretty short game. You could probably finish it over one weekend, if you'd rent the game and the console.

Gek54 said:
I will always call it Kin and axel impact will always be Faf Racer....where is Faf racer?????

It came out in Korea and sucked. The music was terrible and it also had frame rate problems.

Play Burnout 3

mrklaw

MrArseFace
why not just buy ICO, and wait to play it on PS3 (if you plan to buy it)? Pick up Wanda later on too if you like.

Ico was an artistic masterpiece but a rather mediocre gaming experience

Ico was a mediocre Game, but a masterful gaming experience.

Top Bottom