• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Kardashian is studying to be a lawyer

CyberPanda

Banned
You guys. Kim Kardashian just made a major life announcement during a cover interview for this month’s Vogue, and it is that...she’s becoming a lawyer. Legit. She is studying to become a lawyer. She’s currently doing a four-year apprenticeship with a San Francisco law firm and hopes to take the bar exam in 2022, and the decision was inspired by her work helping to free Alice Marie Johnson last year.

“I had to think long and hard about this,” she said. The choice came from the combination of “seeing a really good result” with Alice Marie Johnson while simultaneously feeling like she couldn’t help enough. “The White House called me to advise to help change the system of clemency, and I’m sitting in the Roosevelt Room with, like, a judge who had sentenced criminals and a lot of really powerful people and I just sat there, like, Oh, shit. I need to know more.

“I would say what I had to say, about the human side and why this is so unfair. But I had attorneys with me who could back that up with all the facts of the case. It’s never one person who gets things done; it’s always a collective of people and I’ve always known my role, but I just felt like I wanted to be able to fight for people who have paid their dues to society. I just felt like the system could be so different, and I wanted to fight to fix it, and if I knew more, I could do more.”

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entert...WCOS&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW

I swear everyone is becoming a lawyer these days. My friend is becoming a lawyer, my cousin is, and her sister in law as well. Lawyers, lawyers everywhere.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
good for her, i hope she destroys the bar and sticks the exam results up her haters assholes

team kardashian assemble

Makes sense, no one really gives a shit about her anymore, her celebrity has faded so she's got to do something to make a living.

Thanks for all the nudie pics, Kim and good luck with your new career.

Last edited:

Tapioca

Banned
Makes sense, no one really gives a shit about her anymore, her celebrity has faded so she's got to do something to make a living.

Thanks for all the nudie pics, Kim and good luck with your new career.

She could make more money doing sponsored instagram posts than most lawyers see in their entire lifetime.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
iu

LMJ

Good for her I suppose?

Will be hard to be taken seriously by clients and constituents though...that "TV persona" will follow her, but with perseverance who knows

iconmaster

Banned
This sounds like an amazing premise for a sitcom.

She'll always be a woman who, uh, tarted her way into stardom; but I'll grant her some respect if she pulls it off.

She's good at pulling things off

appaws

Banned
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entert...WCOS&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW

I swear everyone is becoming a lawyer these days. My friend is becoming a lawyer, my cousin is, and her sister in law as well. Lawyers, lawyers everywhere.

There are too many lawyers, let me tell you. I have friends in private practice who are struggling. They need to stop accrediting so many law schools and return some prestige to the profession. The idea that a law degree is a ticket to the upper middle class or higher is dated.

Javthusiast

Banned
I mean respect I guess, but if it were me, then I would just chill on my piles of cash without doing shit for the rest of my life. xD

Good for her I guess. I wont give her props until she actually goes all the way with it. I guess we shall see.

Last edited:

lil puff

She's trying to do more on criminal justice system than a lot of people are.
I mean she could just sit on her (sweet juicy) ass all day if she wanted, but she chose this, so. Good for her, if she's serious.

badblue

Gold Member
She is studying to become a lawyer. She’s currently doing a four-year apprenticeship with a San Francisco law firm and hopes to take the bar exam in 2022

Is law school not required to become a lawyer in the US?

Link1110

I thought all trials on Kardashia were just for show and the defendants are judged guilty no matter what. Who would be a lawyer in a legal system like that?

Hasn't she been raising awareness for prison reform for a while now? I know she met with Trump to discuss it so good for her to making the next step if that's something she wants to bring change to.

O-N-E

Well, I'm sure she'll have top of the line private educators tutoring her every step of the way. Probably reading the textbooks to her and elucidating. No chance of failure as long as she puts in the effort.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
She's rich with enough free time to easily do it honestly.

Top Bottom