• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

...King Kong Is A Scary Flesh-Eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonz

CULVER CITY, California ?EWhen it was announced that Jack Black would be starring in the new remake of "King Kong," a lot of people wondered: He's not going all serious-actor guy, is he?

"There are some funny things about my character but, yeah, it is a different thing for me," Black revealed backstage at the 2004 MTV Movie Awards. "But I'm not approaching it differently. I'm approaching it with the same balls-to-the-wall attitude."

And there'll be a similar attitude throughout Peter Jackson's "Kong" remake, which Black promised will feature a much fiercer giant gorilla than some of the kinder, gentler versions.

"I just read the script for the first time. It's so rad. And it's top secret. I can't tell you much, but I can tell you this," he teased. "King Kong is going to be scary as hell, dude. He's not gonna be sweet and cuddly. It's not gonna be the cute kind . He's a f---ing carnivore, as in, eats flesh!"

The movie will be shot in New Zealand with Jackson's team recreating parts of 1930s New York. Black will be joined in the movie by Naomi Watts ("The Ring") and Andy Serkis, who will provide motion-capture work for the computer-generated Kong, a role similar to what he did for Jackson when he played Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings." Serkis will also play a smaller part in the movie, sans effects.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1488626/06232004/story.jhtml

ManaByte

Gold Member
WETA Workshop's site is down at the moment for a redesign, but they used to have this AWESOME statue of the Kong design up there that they did in 1996. Basically it was Kong fighting off like 3 T-Rex's.

ManaByte

Gold Member
neptunes said:
spiderman 3 and king kong?

Spiderman 3 comes out next year? Suuuure....

Kong is December 2005 AFAIK.

In the year 2005 Gollum will climb the Empire State Building.

You KNOW WETA is going to do a CG blooper of that happing since it'll be Serkis doing the motion capture.

B'z-chan

Banned
IT must be said. That Gollum and Jack Black need to do a music video. One the world should laugh and cry with. Tenacious D and Gollum man i can see it now.

As for this news i'm all up for it. Black can act, that is if he wants too. And that its set in the 30's really makes me happy. There could be a lot of range in this movie with jackson and all.

Heres for a Limited edtion Extended Edition King Kong coming Christmas 06.... jk

Should be cool to see.

Tenguman

Jack Black has done some psuedo serious stuff before, but mostly only as a supporting actor

I can't wait to see King Kong :D

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
The original King Kong is still one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to seeing what Peter Jackson can do with it!

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Lemonz said:
"I just read the script for the first time. It's so rad. And it's top secret. I can't tell you much, but I can tell you this," he teased. "King Kong is going to be scary as hell, dude. He's not gonna be sweet and cuddly. It's not gonna be the cute kind . He's a f---ing carnivore, as in, eats flesh!"

hahahah Jack Black RULEZZZZZZZZZZZz

B'z-chan said:
IT must be said. That Gollum and Jack Black need to do a music video. One the world should laugh and cry with. Tenacious D and Gollum man i can see it now.

As for this news i'm all up for it. Black can act, that is if he wants too. And that its set in the 30's really makes me happy. There could be a lot of range in this movie with jackson and all.

Heres for a Limited edtion Extended Edition King Kong coming Christmas 06.... jk

Should be cool to see.

"Golllllumm boy..... What is, the secret of your preciousssssssss. Gollum boy... don't you steal that ring awayyyy from the hobbitses, nowwwwww."

Dujour

Banned
Felidae_Khrall said:
"Golllllumm boy..... What is, the secret of your preciousssssssss. Gollum boy... don't you steal that ring awayyyy from the hobbitses, nowwwwww."

Haha, that video rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom