• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
475761_20040701_screen001.jpg

475761_20040701_screen002.jpg

475761_20040701_screen003.jpg

475761_20040701_screen004.jpg

475761_20040701_screen005.jpg

475761_20040701_screen006.jpg

475761_20040701_screen007.jpg

475761_20040701_screen008.jpg

475761_20040701_screen009.jpg

475761_20040701_screen010.jpg

475761_20040701_screen011.jpg

475761_20040701_screen012.jpg

475761_20040701_screen013.jpg

475761_20040701_screen014.jpg

pcostabel

Gold Member
This is one of the few Xbox games that actually looks great. For once, western art that doesn't suck.

Wait I thought this was a bunch of Koreans. Not Western.

Anyhow, since the spiteful bitches rank on the joyful PS2 threads, let me just be the first to say - BARF! BAD TEXTURES, MOMMY! :p

Mrbob

I'm so buying this game. Been waiting forever.

I know the online portion got axed (WHICH SUX!!!!!!!1111) but does it have two player co-op? Learn from Dynasty Warriors 3 & Beyond/Samurai Warriors and add the two player co-op!

Redbeard

Banned
seismologist said:
nice art.

Too bad the gameplay looks about as shallow as a kiddie swimming pool.

From a recent preview at IGN:

"But before the action begins, you can continually train your troops to improve their performance on the field and see which units work best for particular missions. Knowing your own troops' attributes won't be enough, however, as you'll need to take into account the affects of terrain, sunlight (get your enemies fighting into the sun to earn the advantage), soil resistance, and six different weather types. Plus realtime day-to-night cycles enable epic battles to go from dusk to dawn. It is going to own."

Doesn't sound too shallow to me.

And in that same preview (dated June 18th) they say online head-to-head and team deathmatch is in among other things.

SyNapSe

I have been waiting for this forever. As for the "first good western art".. well, to my knowledge it's not western. It was one of the Phantagram projects that got dropped into NCsofts lap.

siege

Banned
Yep, it was developed by Koreans. Only thing I'm disappointed with is that there are 12 heroes, but only 2 per side are playable.

Check out some of the art from the official site.

scaffa

Wow those screens look amazing and that desciption from ign sounds promesing. KUF wasnt on my "need to buy list" but I think that is going to change.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
seismologist said:
nice art.

Too bad the gameplay looks about as shallow as a kiddie swimming pool.

hardly.

the gameplay isbasically like a simple real time strategy game, in which during combat, you control your "hero" unit. you can move archers into position to hammer away at a group of enemies, while you charge in to battle sword to sword. there seems to be all sorts of depth from what little i played and saw, including little details such as spreading out your group while charging or packing them close together (which will vary your traveling speed and danger to incoming arrows).

and as far as i've heard, live is still coming

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
475761_20040701_screen005.jpg

LOOK. WESTERN DEVELOPERS ON THIS BOARD.

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A WHITE GUY LOOK LIKE A BADASS.

SyNapSe

I am so happy.. I honestly didn't think this game nor BC were ever going to come out! Now it appears at least one is releasing.

fbcamp

Banned
Hmm I was real excited about the game before I saw some recent gameplay footage. There's tons of clipping going on, lots of repeat animation, bad camera angles, and the whole thing seems to just get old real fast. The strategy portion looks fairly decent, so there's hope there.

In the end this game looks better than the dynasty warrior series and the art direction is god like, so I'll definitely be checking it out when it arrives here in the states. Oh and if I remember correctly the mouths don't sync properly during the cutscenes even in the games native Korean language.

Ar_

Redbeard said:
Gorgeous! Can't wait for this game. Only $40 too.

Yes, I also CANT WAIT TO DOWNLOAD THE ISO OF THIS GAME, since EB doesnt ship MS published games overseas.
Hey MS, you like bullying customers with regional locks? Good, good.

belgurdo

Banned
Ar_ said:
Yes, I also CANT WAIT TO DOWNLOAD THE ISO OF THIS GAME, since EB doesnt ship MS published games overseas.
Hey MS, you like bullying customers with regional locks? Good, good.

See you in a month or two

edit: duh, not thinking

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
belgurdo said:
You can't get your box modified or something? Oh well, see you in a month or two

If he can download the ISO and load it, his Xbox is already modded, right?

Mashing

ZE TEZXTURES ZEY DO NOTIN!!

Seriously, some of those textures look pretty low res and they went a little overboard with the specular lighting in my opinion. Art direction is good though, makes the shots look good despite any technical shortcomings.

Ar_

Ghost said:
guess what, EB ISNT THE ONLY RETAILER IN THE US!

Guess what? I DONT EVEN OWN A XBOX.

Dont like jumping thru flaming hoops to give them money. I am tempted to buy one. THEN I should pay to modify it to play the games I want. THEN I must find a new reseller to get the games. THEN I must wait extra for the shipping. THEN Im screwed if I dont like the game and want to return or sell it (and happed a LOT with the PS2). THEN Im screwed if I want to play on Live.

Newduck

I'm pretty disapointed MS didnt really live up to their promise of no region lockout on games too, but thats just plain nuts.

Outside of like, the dreamcast, due to sega being inept at console security its usually pretty damn hard to get different region games going, especially when you're talking about online play too.

What are you even complaining about? Why do you have to import it?

You'll get banned for throwing around ISO claims like that.

Ar_

Newduck said:
I'm pretty disapointed MS didnt really live up to their promise of no region lockout on games too, but thats just plain nuts.

Outside of like, the dreamcast, due to sega being inept at console security its usually pretty damn hard to get different region games going, especially when you're talking about online play too.

What are you even complaining about? Why do you have to import it?

You'll get banned for throwing around ISO claims like that.

Being my initial post a slighty off topic rant, I prefear to avoid a long discussion over it on this thread.
So, just read it this way: the game looks potentially interesting, enough for me to eventually buy it, but MS marketing succesfully managed to make the purchase enough a chore to discourage me.
Not aapprecciating regional lockouts to exploit market pricing, or "encouraging" retailers to not sell me a certain product, Ill congratulate them for the accomplishment. They won, wanted to not sell me their game, and succeded, WTG.

As for my alternatives, be them buying a PS2 game instead, not buying anything, or going Teh Unspeakable Way, it matters little: common factor remains, MS doesnt get the cash.
Nothing against them specifically, either. Stopped buying Nintendo in the N64 era, and didnt buy a PS2 for a year after release, for similiar reasons.

The piracy issue is one Id like to tackle in another topic. Some thoughts.
Piracy is illegal. Royaltyes, regional lockouts, software approvation processes are largely legal.
Do they have the moral ground to be legal, or are so just because is convenient to someone?
Piracy is believed a reason for high games prices. The industry seem to like to defining it so, shelling inflated figures of piracy losses, based on the absurd assumption that every pirated piece of sofware is equivalent to a lost sale - which may be true the day that original software has the same price of pirated one, not now.
But how often and gladly do they mention how much of your 50$ of a game purchase goes to the hardware manufacturer, rather than the people who actually worked on it?
How happens that PC games, the most pirated and often worst selling, are 10$ cheaper than console versions? And GCN games, almost never pirated, are often more expensive even compared to the more pirated PS2?
How happened that many people point to piracy as a big factor influencing prices? Listening too much marketspeak?
What about viral marketing, fixed review scores, forbidding reviews until the game is on the shelves? They apparently are mostly legal. In forums as this, frequented by people in the industry, such pratices even get defended a great deal. For a company to use low tactics to give customers an incorrect perception of a game, encourage them in making an unthought purchase that may disappoint, is all right.
While pirating to try a game before purchase, often the only way to know its real quality and truly know if meets your needs, is wrong? Or maybe considering it so, in such cases, is a form of fanatism?
At the end of the day, the same people frowning upon piracy in certain forms, also on this forum, take good advantage of it in others - whenever they think the official price of something is too high for their interest on the item. DCforums? MP3s? MAME? Old Neo Geo carts and arcade boards?
A nice look to the argument from a different perspective than that promoted from the industry, might be interesting. Sure is good and fair to reward the devs work, but when you consider a number of other factors, got to wonder...
Oh well, thats getting off topic like crazy, and I didnt want to derail this thread. Sorry about it.

nitewulf

technically not so impressive (low poly, blurry textures etc) but the art direction makes it look so good. the sunlight shimmering over the desert sand, forest...the armour, the banners, flags etc.

hey che (or whoever got to play it), can you fight against humongous creatures in this game, like dragons or something?

MS should really buy up as many small korean devs as they can and let them make action games and rpgs for xenon.

Top Bottom