• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Klonoa G2 coming to America!

Soul4ger

w0t w0t?! Oh, yeah, says 1UP:

While it's taken a rather roundabout way to the states, Klonoa 2 for Game Boy Advance will be hitting these shores next year, Namco announced today. The second GBA side-scroller starring the famous floppy-eared hero will be available in February.
This particular Klonoa was called Klonoa G2: Dream Champ Tournament when it was released in Japan, all the way back in August of 2002. The American version drops the G from the title, but keeps the five worlds worth of levels, the complex puzzles, and the forward-scrolling hoverboard-racing mini-games, reminiscent of the racing levels in the PlayStation 2's Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil.

ge-man

It's about time. I'm surprised Namco has kept Klonoa mainly as Playstation title in the US. I think they are still missing an oppurtunity by not doing a Klonoa title on the GC.

Soul4ger

Miburou said:
How many Klonoa games are there on the GBA? And what's the difference between them?

There are three. Two are platformers, one of which is Empire of Dreams, obviously, and G2 is the other. The final is an action/RPG, Klonoa Heroes.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Awesome. I'm surprised that they'll bother with an older game, but I'll look out for it. More good platformers are always welcome.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I thought this was about that Klonoa RPG Namco released some time ago. :/
How was that game anyway? It looked very interesting back then...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
noway! it's really a terrific game. purely in terms of gameplay, it's perhaps the strongest in the series. i might buy the us version just to read the text. klonoa rox.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
My favourite Klonoa game by far, had the Japanese version for quite a long time now.
I hope this means series is still alive and may show itself again on the new portables too... :)

Soul4ger

Fafalada said:
My favourite Klonoa game by far, had the Japanese version for quite a long time now.
I hope this means series is still alive and may show itself again on the new portables too... :)

Makes me think Namco might be trying to build the brand on handhelds, maybe to bring out Klonoa Heroes and potential DS and PSP games.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Soul4ger said:
Makes me think Namco might be trying to build the brand on handhelds, maybe to bring out Klonoa Heroes and potential DS and PSP games.

i think it has more to do with a lack of high-profile games coming from namco's catalog in the coming months. how else do you explain the release of katamary damacy, nightmare of druaga and taiko: drum master as namco's fall highlights (excluding ace combat, of course).

the klonoa games have never sold very well, and i don't see why this follow-up would fare any better. i can't wait to play it, though.

WarPig

Yeh. The fall Namco lineup, boon though it may be to hardcore types, feels kinda like somebody's filling a quota of titles to release. Nightmare of Druaga received the most perfunctory release imaginable, with basically zero promotion -- the press found out about it when review code showed up in the mail.

DFS.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i can't complain, though. i wish more companies would run dry on releases. this is the highest quality streak namco's been on in a while.

WarPig

eXxy said:
i can't complain, though. i wish more companies would run dry on releases. this is the highest quality streak namco's been on in a while.

Yeah. They don't have a knockout hit, but they're all good games (even Druaga's a pretty good new-school roguelike).

Next on the platter...XENOSAGA II~! And that'll be the end of that.

DFS.

WarPig

eXxy said:
oh, come now. death by degrees should be sweet. even itagaki wants to play it!

Itagaki is being either sarcastic or uncharacteristically polite in this instance.

DFS.

Oh I love this news, I thought there were no hopes of this or any other Klonoa games coming. I'm definitely getting this game when it's out. Yay Namco!

FoneBone

Well, now that they've apparently un-abandoned GBA support, maybe we can finally get Tales of Phantasia here? Maybe?

Top Bottom