• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima on OD: It's a game, but it’s a game like no other

LectureMaster

Gold Member

Speaking recently in an interview with Variety, Kojima touched on the same, and reiterated how “risky” OD is going to be, calling it “a game like no other”, and a “new challenge” even for him as a developer.

“This is a game, but it’s a game like no other,” Kojima said. “I can’t go into too much detail, and it’s also hard to explain, but it’s a bit risky and a new challenge for me within the realm of games.”

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Cartoon Reaction GIF by lilcozynostril

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
I have a feeling that it's an online only game where you heavily rely on other players. He already tried that in the UPS simulator where you could drop hints and items for other players. I think the new game will focus on that and it starts to suck once player base drops.

Last edited:
To be fair, death stranding as a whole is definitely a game like no (read: very few) others.
I'd probably have found it difficult to describe before playing it. Can barely properly describe it now

kindaGoth

Neo Member
Kojima tends to exaggerate these things to some level and I’m glad for that.

He always innovates in a great way, but we don’t end up standing upside down with a controller in our ass or anything like he tends to make it sound.

It’s more like there will be a super fresh gameplay element. Co-op where one player is blind or a game that takes place in one room. An idea like that, but one that’s actually good.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
we don’t end up standing upside down with a controller in our ass or anything like he tends to make it sound.

There's a lot to process there.

I'm wondering how many times you've bought one of his games, pressed start and immediately taken your trousers off.

At that point do you wait for the intro video to end and the game to instruct you to do something that, and I must stress this, nobody else playing has ever expected a game to ask them to do.

This guy is so pretentious.

It's a game. And not a game, obviously :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But for real, it's the exclusive project Kojima is doing for Xbox.

Are these the kind of graphics we can expect from the game?

Hard to tell from the blurry leak…

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Are these the kind of graphics we can expect from the game?

Hard to tell from the blurry leak…

It's made with The Power of The Cloud™

“We are working with Xbox Game Studios and their cloud gaming technology to take on the challenge of creating a very unique, immersive, and totally new style of game – or rather, a new form of media,” said Hideo Kojima

Personally I don't care how it looks, especially if it's as boring as DS.

Little Mac

Gold Member
You guys cheered him on ... you guys said "let him cook" ... you guys backed him when Konami had enough of his shit ... you guys forgot the ending to MGS 2 ... you brought this on yourselves ...

Last edited:

Lethal01

Stockholm syndrome should be treated on cases like that

...the last game in that sense was MGS3. People need to give credit for the thing, not the person

I loved Death Stranding it made me go back and play his other games for this the first time.
The only time he came close to missing was when he didn't get to finish MGS5 and it still was a 9/10

Last edited:

StueyDuck

the leaked naked man footage was basically like a choose your own adventure style Supermassive game.

I'm all for Kojima and will play anything but i feel like this is a budget title from his end. Which is nothing wrong, i just hope others aren't expecting this to be a massive game.

Kojima making what is essentially a weirdo indie game sounds amazing to me though, can't wait.

Top Bottom