• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

konga to be in cube kiosks!

atomsk

Party Pooper
going through the storeroom, I discover a box marked 'hold for rep' I open the box and low and behold, KONGAS!, and demo disk 17.

they won't let me install them myself, which sucks, as I'm really curious to see what/how many songs are on the demo

manager says nintendo rep should be coming in soon. hopefully tomorrow

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hehe, I bet the things are broken before I ever get to them. Either by hyperactive 5 years olds or teenagers...damn us teenagers.

Sounds cool, I would love to try the game out. I'm already pretty much sold on Taiko: Drum Master and Donkey Konga, but I would really love to see the song list.

hooo

boooy
A jungle beat demo would be great, but it's too early as it won't be coming out till next year.

BuddyC

:D

That's really cool, neat to see Nintendo giving Donkey Konga a huge push.

Always said that if Sega could have found a way to demo Samba de Amigo in stores, things might have turned out differently...

Grizzlyjin said:
Hehe, I bet the things are broken before I ever get to them. Either by hyperactive 5 years olds or teenagers...damn us teenagers.

Sounds cool, I would love to try the game out. I'm already pretty much sold on Taiko: Drum Master and Donkey Konga, but I would really love to see the song list.

You mean this?

Diddy's Ditzies
Bingo
Campfire Medley
Pokemon Theme
Kirby Right Back at Ya
We Will Rock You
Like Wow
Wild Thing
I think I Love You
Louie Louie
The Locomotion
Shining Star
All the Small Things
Rock This Town
You Can't Hurry Love
Right Here Right Now
Dancing in The Street
Rock Lobster
Stupid Cupid
The Impression That I Get
What I like About You
Whip It
Busy Child
Para los Romberos
Sing Sing Sing with a Swing
Oye Como Va
On the Road Again
Hungarian Dance #5 in G MInor
Turkish March
DK Rap
The Legend of Zelda Theme
Mario Bros Theme
Donkey Konga Theme

BuddyC

Jason - Diddy's Ditzes was actually Diddy's Ditties in the E3 build.

Quick story about the tracklist...

I was so eager to see the Donkey Konga American tracklist, so that's the first thing I hit when I got to Nintendo's Booth. The people with me kept trying to play, but I'd yell at them to let me get pictures of the complete song list. Later in the day, as I was transcribing it, some from N-Philes tapped me on the shoulder and informed me they had had the complete tracklist up for a few days. Course, they didn't spell Diddy's Ditties right...but...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
JasoNsider said:
You mean this?

Diddy's Ditzies
Bingo
Campfire Medley
Pokemon Theme
Kirby Right Back at Ya
We Will Rock You
Like Wow
Wild Thing
I think I Love You
Louie Louie
The Locomotion
Shining Star
All the Small Things
Rock This Town
You Can't Hurry Love
Right Here Right Now
Dancing in The Street
Rock Lobster
Stupid Cupid
The Impression That I Get
What I like About You
Whip It
Busy Child
Para los Romberos
Sing Sing Sing with a Swing
Oye Como Va
On the Road Again
Hungarian Dance #5 in G MInor
Turkish March
DK Rap
The Legend of Zelda Theme
Mario Bros Theme
Donkey Konga Theme

Bless you. I like the look of that list, they got the classic on there. :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Awesome, but I don't really believe in playing rhythm/music based games on a kiosk. Kinda hard to hear the music sometimes

Will the kiosks have the kongas attached to the kisok?

atomsk

Party Pooper
contruction layout indicates it'll be set up where the 2nd controller currently is.

I'm also curious what other demos/vids are on the disc

GDGF

Soothsayer
That's a very decent song list, actually. Mighty Mighty Boss Tones, B-52's, Queen, The Crystal Method, and I wonder if Right Here Right Now is the old Jesus Jones song. That would be pretty cool.

I am pleased :)

explodet

See, I'm wondering if "Right Here, Right Now" is the song done by Jesus Jones, or Fatboy Slim... there's even a Kylie Minogue song with the same title.

Meier

It's the Jesus Jones one.

P.S. I hope they include Jungle Beat too.. 2 of the top 5 games at E3 IMO (along with Taiko no Tatsujin, Panic Maker/Under the Skin, and RE4).

AniHawk

Meier said:
It's the Jesus Jones one.

P.S. I hope they include Jungle Beat too.. 2 of the top 5 games at E3 IMO (along with Taiko no Tatsujin, Panic Maker/Under the Skin, and RE4).

Agreed.

The types of games at E3 which were most fun for me were the ones you could easily pick up and play. Games like Odama, the two DK games, Taiko, etc. Not to say FFXII or MGS3 were bad or anything, but they are better suited for longer periods of sit-down and play times to absorb everything.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The kits will be installed at Circuit City, Toys R Us and gamestop and EB stores (That have interactive kiosks, not just the TV on the counter).

And yes, it is blink 182's song.

Kiosk Demo Song List:

Donkey Konga Theme
All The Small Things
Oye Como Va
Busy Child
You Can't Hurry Love

ManaByte said:
Too bad. Jungle Beat was the most FUN GCN game at E3 2004.

I meant if they actually wanted me to stop playing the kiosk some time. Jungle Beat was my game of the show as well.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Hahahaha, I want to hug whoever decided to put Rock Lobster in the track list. That's so freaking awesome.

This is sure to get a bunch of consumers interested. And if Jungle Beat is indeed on the disc then watch the eyes light up. That game is such a blast.

NWO

atomsk said:
I'm also curious what other demos/vids are on the disc

Demos:

Donkey Konga
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario 2
Mario Pinball
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Vids:

That new WWE game for the Cube
Madden 2005
NCAA 2005
Tiger Woods 2005
ToS

Chony

NWO said:
Demos:

Donkey Konga
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario 2
Mario Pinball
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Vids:

That new WWE game for the Cube
Madden 2005
NCAA 2005
Tiger Woods 2005
ToS

Best Demo disk yet? I cant wait to play Donkey Konga with Crystal Method.

Priz

BuddyChrist83 said:
:D

That's really cool, neat to see Nintendo giving Donkey Konga a huge push.

Always said that if Sega could have found a way to demo Samba de Amigo in stores, things might have turned out differently...

Fry's here had Samba on demo. You should've seen the insane amount of Maraca sets they sold... some locations had a pallete full which was a cube the length/width of the boxes (they criss-crossed them alternating rows...) about 8 rows high at most stores... 4 months later, stores had maybe 3-5 sets left...

BuddyC

Priz said:
Fry's here had Samba on demo. You should've seen the insane amount of Maraca sets they sold... some locations had a pallete full which was a cube the length/width of the boxes (they criss-crossed them alternating rows...) about 8 rows high at most stores... 4 months later, stores had maybe 3-5 sets left...
:eek:

Well, I'll be.

Meier

Deg said:
Its not that good a disk.

Are you nuts? Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario 2 will be among the top handful of games this year.. and Donkey Konga will be/is among the most fun.

hooo

boooy
Selling it for the Konga demo wouldn't be a good idea for Nintendo. Without playing it on Konga's, the game isn't the same. The # of people that imported the jp version can't be that big.

atomsk

Party Pooper
ok, the manager let me install this myself this morning. heh.

konga's got easy and medium difficulties. hard is not available (BOO!)

played Konga theme song (and missed 1, on medium!, im so out of practice), and Wild Thing. good stuff.

played about 2 minutes of Mario Pinball, and Pikmin 2, AWESOMENESS.

i had to leave, otherwise i wouldve tried out Paper Mario too...

Top Bottom