• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOTOR 2 update - Lightsabers

Redbeard

Banned
Not a huge deal, but lightsaber forms sound cool.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/563/563609p2.html

There are even rumors of an exceedingly rare type of crystal that bonds with its owner, becoming more powerful as they do. The bond is so great that the crystal's capabilities and color even vary with its master's alignment towards the light or dark side of the Force.

Lightsabers can also be upgraded with new power cells, emitters, and lenses. These upgrades can be found throughout the game, but, using skills, can also even be created! There are more than 60 possible lightsaber upgrades, yielding over ten million possible combinations.

Kevin Saunders: In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms. These are fighting techniques whose effectiveness depends upon the tactical situation. Each form shines in certain conditions, but also has weaknesses. Learning the characteristics of the Lightsaber Forms, and switching between them as the combat situation changes, can allow a Jedi to prevail in what would otherwise be a fatal encounter.

star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20041104022950040.jpg
star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20041104022950587.jpg
star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20041104022951024.jpg
star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20041104022951462.jpg
star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20041104022951946.jpg

Ah the forms and lightsaber upgrades sound great. I really hope this game is good, its by a different developer right? I think I'll start up a new game of KOTOR today.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Seemingly, no Jedi 4,000 years ago FOUGHT WITH ONE LIGHT SABER. =P j/k

Can't wait for this game. I went old school one saber action in KOTOR I, plan the same in II.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I posted lightsaber forms as an idea for the sequel on the official KOTOR forum, wonder if its the same thing.

Not saying they hadnt already thought of it but i hope its what i suggested.

With so many combinations possible, it seems alot will just be crappy +1 strength crystals or some such. I'd rather have 10 possibilities and have each of them actually do something significant.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
there were already a lot of lightsabre forms in the first kotor... you had all those crystals that got to choose from, and having one of the higher colors changed the crystals over so as to have completely new combinations.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
slayn said:
there were already a lot of lightsabre forms in the first kotor... you had all those crystals that got to choose from, and having one of the higher colors changed the crystals over so as to have completely new combinations.

lightsaber forms have nothing to do with whats in your lightsaber

Kevin Saunders: In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms. These are fighting techniques

For example, the Ataru form, employed by Qui-Gon in Episode 1, is a highly focused form that is excellent against a single opponent, but less effective against blaster fire. The Juyo form, an extremely difficult combat style mastered by Mace Windu, overwhelms an opponent with seemingly erratic movements, but can leave the Jedi more vulnerable to attacks.

With so many combinations possible, it seems alot will just be crappy +1 strength crystals or some such. I'd rather have 10 possibilities and have each of them actually do something significant.

Looks like theres 4 upgrade slots so theres only 15 items per slot. You're right though most probably become obselete.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I was referring to this:

"Lightsabers can also be upgraded with new power cells, emitters, and lenses. These upgrades can be found throughout the game, but, using skills, can also even be created! There are more than 60 possible lightsaber upgrades, yielding over ten million possible combinations."

which is pointed out as if its something really new but its... not. Just happened to use the word form without thinking.

Top Bottom