• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kraven The Hunter - New Trailer

Power Pro

Such a boring fucking character. It would be bad if they were the main villain for Spider-man in a movie, but to be the star of their own movie...ugh, no thanks.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ugh, messed up the title. Can a mod fix it pls?
monty python film GIF

poodaddy

Such a boring fucking character. It would be bad if they were the main villain for Spider-man in a movie, but to be the star of their own movie...ugh, no thanks.
Hell no to him being a boring villain, he's got some incredible arcs in the comics and he's somewhat terrifying in terms of his ruthlessness and capabilities, however I do agree that he doesn't really come across on film very well, and he sure as shit should absolutely NEVER be the hero of a film. This will be a terrible film no doubt, as are most Sony films, but the character of Kraven won't be the reason for it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
oof. I don’t mind Kraven being a bad guy in an episode or two of the cartoon and being a villain in one (☝️ ) Spider-Man game. He just isn’t that interesting of a character. Marvel must have some money to burn. Why not just soak all your money in gasoline and light it on fire?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
oof. I don’t mind Kraven being a bad guy in an episode or two of the cartoon and being a villain in one (☝️ ) Spider-Man game. He just isn’t that interesting of a character. Marvel must have some money to burn. Why not just soak all your money in gasoline and light it on fire?

It's Sony. Not Marvel proper.

jason10mm

Gold Member
NGL, looks fun enough. Not gonna watch in theaters, but will stream. ATJ is in that rough stretch where he is baby-faced enough to not look threatening but adult bodied enough to get these types of roles. He needs another 5-10 years of seasoning and I think he will hit his stride. If he had a more interesting face or was more of a martial artist it would help, kinda go down that Jean Claude Van Damm route, but he sold it on jump spinning kicks and splits which ATJ I don't think can do.

Seems pretty gore filled as well, seems like they ought to get Sydney Sweeney to cameo in tight latex and have her strip down for a scene or two, just embrace that R rating, and really make this villain film series a tawdry adult experience :p

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So the trailer just confirmed the leak of the story from a few months ago.

Spoiler: We are getting a Kraven The HUNTER who is going to hunt... poachers Because of course we have to transform him into a good guy! Holy shit Sony...

Hrk69

Gold Member
From the studio that brought you Morbius and Madame Web!

It doesn't like THAT bad if I'm honest

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
A couple of good actors cashing in on an easy paycheck. Well, Johnson had to at least stay in shape and get a little physical. I am expecting Crowe to be phoning this one in.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Russel Crow's divorce must have gone poorly for him to be making this type of shlock.

jason10mm

Gold Member
A couple of good actors cashing in on an easy paycheck. Well, Johnson had to at least stay in shape and get a little physical. I am expecting Crowe to be phoning this one in.
You know, Crowe NEVER phones it in. I've seen him in some dogshit miscast crap and he ALWAYS delivers. The silly bit where he is supposed to be a drone operator with a pregnant wife...still brings the feels! Or when he was the angry divorced guy hunting down the rando woman who cut him off in traffic...SCARY! Even his bit as Jeckyll in that Cruise Mummy abomination, still fun! Hell, he made Thor Love and Thunder amusing at least and that film suuuuuucked.

I'm kinda hoping the success of DP&W encourages Sony to just start filling their films with nonsensical but cool cameos. What else do they got? Can they do Ghostrider and just have Nic Cage do the voice? Do they have any access to Daredevil or fuck it, superhero adjacent stuff like TMNT, Hellboy, or Power Puff Girls? Keep the budgets modest and just have fun. Not everything needs to be a big grand CGI spectacle that takes a small nations worth of power and servers to render.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
You know, Crowe NEVER phones it in. I've seen him in some dogshit miscast crap and he ALWAYS delivers. The silly bit where he is supposed to be a drone operator with a pregnant wife...still brings the feels! Or when he was the angry divorced guy hunting down the rando woman who cut him off in traffic...SCARY! Even his bit as Jeckyll in that Cruise Mummy abomination, still fun! Hell, he made Thor Love and Thunder amusing at least and that film suuuuuucked.

I'm kinda hoping the success of DP&W encourages Sony to just start filling their films with nonsensical but cool cameos. What else do they got? Can they do Ghostrider and just have Nic Cage do the voice? Do they have any access to Daredevil or fuck it, superhero adjacent stuff like TMNT, Hellboy, or Power Puff Girls? Keep the budgets modest and just have fun. Not everything needs to be a big grand CGI spectacle that takes a small nations worth of power and servers to render.

Right! Crowe NEVER phones in a performance! He ALWAYS gives it his best! He was proper scary in that road rage movie!

Sony has no claim to do anything with DareDevil or PPG... I can't remember who the studio is behind TMNT (probably Paramount but I'm not 100% sure) or Hellboy (I THINK it's someone else entirely) so all they have is Spider-Man and all related characters.

Top Bottom