• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme Celebrates Doughnut Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Stop by Krispy Kreme for a free doughnut of your choice on Friday, June 3rd, 2005

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., June 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Could there be a sweeter day of the year? On Friday, June 3rd, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD - News) celebrates National Doughnut Day by offering customers a free doughnut of their choice in participating stores throughout the U.S.

National Doughnut Day was established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to raise much-needed funds during the Great Depression and to honor the work of World War I Salvation Army volunteers who prepared doughnuts for thousands of soldiers. National Doughnut Day is celebrated annually on the first Friday in June.

"National Doughnut Day is a perfect time for us to give a little something back to our loyal customers throughout the country," said Stan Parker, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Krispy Kreme. "It's also a great opportunity to build awareness and acknowledge the continued good work of the Salvation Army."

Founded in 1937 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Krispy Kreme is a leading branded specialty retailer of premium quality doughnuts including the Company's signature Hot Original Glazed. Krispy Kreme currently operates more than 380 stores in 45 U.S. states, Canada, Australia, Mexico, the Republic of South Korea and the United Kingdom. Krispy Kreme can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.krispykreme.com.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050601/nyw070.html?.v=15

Holy shit why wasnt I informed of National Doughnut Day....

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think it's funny that Krispy Kreme is so popular in the US but they're tanking here in Canada. I guess you can't compete against Tim Horton's when your coffee tastes like ass. :lol

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I don't even like Krispy Kreme that much; they're too....sweet, or something. I'd KILL for a Dunkin Donut, though (especially the toasted coconut kind.....oh god...), but I'm trying to stick to a healthy diet, and damn my will power. :(

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Fuzzy said:
I think it's funny that Krispy Kreme is so popular in the US but they're tanking here in Canada. I guess you can't compete against Tim Horton's when your coffee tastes like ass. :lol
I thought Krispy Kreme was tanking everywhere.
Something to do with the Atkins/health craze.

I don't go there often (Tim Hortons all the way!), but their donuts are DAMN good.
btw, they often give you a free donut when you're in line anyway.

Fifty

Yeah, Krispy Kreme rocks. Because they don't have a single freaking location outside of the suburbs here in Toronto, I haven't had that many.....which is kind of good, since I'm not 600 pounds yet...But it is odd why they don't have a single location (they do have boxes of them at some gas stations and grocery stores, but nothing compares to the fresh ones at a real Krispy Kreme location) in the downtown core.

Vlad

demon said:
I don't even like Krispy Kreme that much; they're too....sweet, or something. I'd KILL for a Dunkin Donut, though (especially the toasted coconut kind.....oh god...), but I'm trying to stick to a healthy diet, and damn my will power. :(

Ditto here, I've never seen the appeal, myself.

Typically, the best donuts are from the little local places. It's sort of like mexican food, the smaller and more "hole in the wall" the place looks, the better chance that it'll actually be good.

What really stinks is that a few of the grocery stores around here used to make some pretty decent donuts in their own bakery, but they've ALL switched over to just selling KKs.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
krispykreme-donut-milkshake.jpg

Respect. Where else can you get a week's worth of cholesterol in one convenient shake?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
screw that...I go to the store and get 3 dozen and finish them within 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom