• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laptop-Age buying a gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil ways

I just bought the A305 Toshiba Satellite with Vista SP1.

It's really nice laptop for the price. Runs really fast. More than enough ram, dvd burner, core 2 duo centrino, harmon kardon speakers, 2mp webcam, card slots, wifi, etc.

For the price I bought it at it was well worth it imo.

MultiCore

If those were my choices, I'd go with either the HP or Toshiba.

I like the HP because it has a bigger hard drive, bigger screen, higher-resolution, and a faster video card. You give up a gig of ram, but it's a worthy trade-off.

That particular model of HP laptop has known wireless card issues. I should know. I had to send mine in about a month ago, and was told that they could not repair it. But, because it was known, I could get a new laptop of equal value. I got the Toshiba, and I'm liking it so far.

But, not to totally nah say the HP. Some of my pals have it and have no problem.

Gremmie4

If you don't mind spending a little extra money, this laptop is a great deal.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-dv5-1000us-15-4-Widescreen-Entertainment-Laptop-FE850UA-ABA/sem/rpsm/oid/215030/catOid/-18746/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

This laptop has one of the new 45nm Penryn processors and 4GB of ram running 64-bit Vista. This thing will be a nice laptop for a long time, and the ram is expandable to 8 GB so in the future you could put some more ram in if needed. It's also got some nice features, such as an HDMI output, a good size hard drive, and a nice screen. It a pretty good deal for $800, and you get a $50 rebate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom