• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last night I played SFighter 3 online. On my PS3.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Bro there’s still people out there playing random shit on their PS2. Not emulated, I mean on their actual PS2.
zY6k9xb.gif

Hypereides

Gold Member
I know there are still people playing online on PS3 I was just surprised to find people playing SF3. No doubt there are still people playing a version of COD.
Played zombies in the original Black ops on PS3 recently and the lobbies were often packed.

I literally want to play Killzone 3 right now.
Someone out there ought to consider a third party startup venture that creates value through restoring and maintaining older MP services. Kinda like Gamespy. There's a bunch of PS3 MPs I'd like to revisit and play again.

GreatnessRD

Capcom Vs Snk 2 is still stuck on PS3.

There have been two glimmers of hope recently though.
Come on over to the master race. We'll be please to greet you at the gate.

Jokes aside, I just finished playing CV2 on my PS2 a couple months ago. These new games today COULD FUCKING NEVER! NEVER I SAY!

I need to emulate SVC Chaos so I can partake in some Violent Ken. 😆

Played Wolfenstein 2009 online the other day through PS3Reborn. Just a case of changing DNS and it was good to go. Games netcode is dog shit, but it was still fun.

I also found a couple games of Blur which was amazing.

I was pissed off to find that CoD3 is 30fps on PS3 though and that nobody is playing it, despite it not being offline. That was a decent game on 360.

Klosshufvud

PS3 had free online which means to barrier to entry whatsoever. You will also find that numerous PS3 online games were of drastically higher quality than their PS4 counterparts. For instance, KZ2 had very sophisticated community features that I don't see modern games bothering with. The era before Discord and the era before paid online meant that every online game sort of became a community of its own. Sadly those days are gone. I am happy to see that RCPS3 and PSN Rewired are doing tremendous work in preserving that special era of video games.

T-0800

I started playing Dead Space 2 today. Never played the first but apparently have access to second game thanks to PS Plus from years ago. Really enjoying it. Someone at Sony is wondering why it took me 10 plus years to download it.

Charlize Theron Andy GIF by NETFLIX

Toots

Gold Member
Blew my mind that I could search for a game and found a lobby with 3 other people playing. I joined and won one and lost one.

Sorry I just had to share this as it was so unexpected.
That's pretty cool !
Who you played with ?
From your name tag i'd say Q.

Come on over to the master race. We'll be please to greet you at the gate.
Legally?

Jokes aside, I just finished playing CV2 on my PS2 a couple months ago. These new games today COULD FUCKING NEVER! NEVER I SAY!
It is a wonderful game. I would 100% be behind a new CvS 3, but Capcom and SNK need to keep building that bridge they’re working on before we get there.

GreatnessRD

Legally?

It is a wonderful game. I would 100% be behind a new CvS 3, but Capcom and SNK need to keep building that bridge they’re working on before we get there.
Legally? Grey area for me as I still own the physical disk and the downloaded version for PS3. So while I might not have dumped my own game and took the easy route, am I stealing?

And I wanted a CVS3, but the way these games are made today I know I'll be mad. So I'd rather remember how great it was instead of them ruining it like everything else these days.

SkylineRKR

Free online was so good. You bought the PS3, made an account and you were set for the rest of that gen when it comes to online play. I never understood why it was shat on so much, MS FUD?

Because I ran with both systems that gen, finally stuck with PS3. And yeah MS had party chat and some better QoL features but did it really justify 60 bucks a year? I played MW, Killzone 2, Warhawk, BC2 etc online on PS3 just fine. And if you had a PSP on the side you could play online on that thing too.

Top Bottom