• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the dark side.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Finally gave in to temptation and picked up a "dude" today, along with Splinter Cell & Richard Burns Rally.

Going to pick up the Live kit & RSC2 sometime in the next 2 weeks :)

Now I can plunder all those cheap-ass games from the dude's 1st year real cheap :D

Freeburn.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
lebowski.jpg

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry Tim, human5892 nailed the reason, watched The Big Lebowski again last night, everything and everyone is a dude at the moment, yourself included, dude ;)

Freeburn.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, gave Richard Burns Rally 2 days, The graphics were more monotone than The Gaps entire clothing range, the driving model was irritating and overall just not fun.

Loving Splinter Cell, glad I waited to play the Xbox version, the lighting is just fantastic. Keep having "oooh" & "aaaaah" moments, which is nice.

Traded RBR for:

1. Rallisport Challenge - Initial impressions are good, it's FUN, which is important, going to definitely pick up RSC2 when I get my Xbox Live stuff sorted. RSC >>>> RBR.

2. Panzer Dragoon Orta - Not looked at it yet, bought pretty much for my Segawhore of a son.

3. Wreckless - Don't ask, bought for above mentioned son after painful nagging from him in the game store, don't hold up much hope for ever playing it myself, unlike PDO, in hindsight the graphics whores that pimped this game early on should be woefully ashamed of themselves, like somebody smeared pixelated faeces on the TV and carved the mess into rough automotive shapes.

I should have bought an Xbox sooner :p

Prine

Banned
You gotta pick up KOTOR, Chronicals of Riddick, Top Spin Tennis and Ninja Gaiden!

Crimson Skies and JSRF are pretty good too

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Freeburn said:
3. Wreckless - Don't ask, bought for above mentioned son after painful nagging from him in the game store, don't hold up much hope for ever playing it myself, unlike PDO, in hindsight the graphics whores that pimped this game early on should be woefully ashamed of themselves, like somebody smeared pixelated faeces on the TV and carved the mess into rough automotive shapes.

Wreckless is crap in a lot of ways, but definatly not graphically

wreckless_screen007.jpg

wreckless_screen002.jpg

Its still the game i load up when people demand to see whats so great about xbox (then i quickly boot up halo before they ask to play)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Prine said:
You gotta pick up KOTOR, Chronicals of Riddick, Top Spin Tennis and Ninja Gaiden!

Crimson Skies and JSRF are pretty good too

KOTOR, CoR & NG are one my "to get" list. Not really considered Top Spin.

Ghost said:
Wreckless is crap in a lot of ways, but definatly not graphically

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/011102/wreck/wreckless_screen007.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/011102/wreck/wreckless_screen002.jpg
Its still the game i load up when people demand to see whats so great about xbox (then i quickly boot up halo before they ask to play)

So far I'm not seeing it, what I see on my TV looks more like those PS2 shots than those posted above, nice filters & lighting effects damned to ruination by severe pixelation.

Maybe once I get an RGB scart lead sorted it'll improve a little, but judging by how good PDO & RSC look with the default set-up I can't see it.

PDO rocks, which is a bonus, frantic, absolutely thumb disabling lunacy that'll have me suffering RSI before the nights end, but a lot more fun than I was expecting.

shpankey

not an idiot
Welcome to the club "dude" ;) Halo is a fantastic game I recommend you get (I'm sure you probably know all about it already though) and RSC2 definately kicks ass... much more than part 1 imo. You got the system at the perfect time, where you can play all the oldies really cheap. Also, here's a few games you may or may not be interested in, but has some of us pretty excited...

Halo 2, Conker, Fable, Jade Empire, Mech Assault 2, Kameo, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Ghost Recon 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Battlefield Modern Combat, Outrun 2, Forza Motorsport, Unreal Championship 2, Otogi 2, Doom 3, Sega's ESPN games etc.

...so that may give you something to look forward to.

rock on

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Future Xbox release list in 5... 4... 3... damnit Shpankey!

Freeburn, you need to be slapped for waiting this long to get an Xbox.

*slaps Freeburn*

nitewulf

Freeburn said:
PDO rocks, which is a bonus, frantic, absolutely thumb disabling lunacy that'll have me suffering RSI before the nights end, but a lot more fun than I was expecting.

yep. i was very confused by the ppl who didnt actually like it. its akin to not liking 80's music or something.

Top Bottom