• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Holy crap. Got a decent ARAM team, but vs Soraka, Heimer, Nunu, Taric and Annie. That was a nightmare comp, none of them ever had to leave lane. They literally bored us to death. Took x 3 times as long as any other ARAM I've had.

I feel like a terrible human being.

lWjaOm1.png

To make it worse, they had Diana, Annie, Akali, Poppy and Riven. It was bad for them.

Although Poppy hurts like a fucking truck.

Subtle

I hate getting matched with Ashe players. I know there are amazing Ashes out there but every single one I seem to get matched with takes ignite, proceeds to suck at positioning, gets blown up like an idiot, then starts to bitch about peeling.

I always take ignite as Ashe. My positioning is great though so I don't need a crutch.

zkylon

zkylewd
I always take ignite as Ashe. My positioning is great though so I don't need a crutch.
it's almost never worth it since in laning phase the enemy adc will have barrier/cleanse, and both counter your ignite. also a lot of supports have heals and shields that also help countering your ignite. finally, barrier lets you make plays you wouldn't be able to do otherwise, like baiting enemies to dive you with only 30 health.

and late game it's pretty worthless to have ignite since mid/top will already have it covered. grievous wounds is nice but mid can buy morellos and you can play trist/mf or something.

I mean pick whatever works for ya but to me it's plain simple the wrong choice

Subtle

I take it mainly for the health reduction. It's amazing against people like Raka or Sona.

Edit: what's better heal or barrier?

zkylon

zkylewd
I take it mainly for the health reduction. It's amazing against people like Raka or Sona.

haven't really experimented with heal, but barrier gives you more health (though temporary) with less cooldown and it's also not affected by ignite so I just take barrier if I don't feel I'll need the cleanse.

fuck those guys. Like, if anyone needs nerfs it's Lux.

sigh
we're not friends anymore mr costigan

Boken

Banned
I shall check this out when I get home, but I think it's very unfairly dismissive to act like Skyrim's multi-hour soundtrack had no significant work done on it. I have listened to it, possibly even multiple times in its entirety, and I feel some of the ambient tracks are excellent even if the theme is an homage to past Elder Scrolls games. Unless, of course, all of the tracks are reworks and I'm not aware of it. As far as I am aware it was a significant and somewhat outstanding effort from the composer.
He's a musician, your opinion is kinda invalid here mate
it's almost never worth it since in laning phase the enemy adc will have barrier/cleanse, and both counter your ignite. also a lot of supports have heals and shields that also help countering your ignite. finally, barrier lets you make plays you wouldn't be able to do otherwise, like baiting enemies to dive you with only 30 health.

and late game it's pretty worthless to have ignite since mid/top will already have it covered. grievous wounds is nice but mid can buy morellos and you can play trist/mf or something.

I mean pick whatever works for ya but to me it's plain simple the wrong choice
barrier doesnt counter ignite
your positioning may be great but ashe has pretty shitty kill potential pre 6 and in team fights staying alive is so important on her

barrier is better, unless your team needs heal for some reason.....
It's fucking horrible, just like that shit tier actress you post
hey well who do YOU find attractive

zkylon

zkylewd
heal returns half the damage ignite deals (level 4) is it suddenly an ignite counter
doesn't ignite fuck up the health you get from heal?

not a hard counter or anything, I'm just saying barrier has saved me more than once from ignite, that's all

Zukuu

Banned
I tried Darius today. Holy crap, Pantheon is so weak compared to him. Dat damage, dat tankiness, dat damage, dat 3x triple kill in my second game, dat damage and dat damage.
Only lacks a gapcloser, otherwise ridiculous strong. I kinda want to try to build Pantheon like I build Darius (slightly different ofc), but dunno if it works well enough.

Boots => Brutalizer => Phage => Black Cleaver => Frozen Mallet => Giant's Belt => Warmogs => +2 End Game item (Last Whisper, Maw, Guardian Angel, Scimitar, Bloodthirster, Randiuin etc)

standard build could be Last Whisper + another

Whaddaya think?

scy

dat he doesn't really build all out offense because he doesn't really need to, to be honest. You'd be better served going for a tankier build that just relies on his raw base damage output and his ultimate dunks/resets.

Edit: Or, basically, you won't really get a Black Cleaver in his normal builds. Just another raw tank item (Frozen Heart, Randuin's, Sunfire depending on what's truly necessary).

So, Lux, yeah. (It was a weird game, if you see the team composition)

After some time with a losing streak, (I had like 16 more wins than defeats), sometimes I hate playing with my friends, since is hard to try to correct them, they willn't listen, or sometimes we just troll, like four in mid (we actually took 2 towers, and we were winning for the first 10 minutes... we lost in the end).

Also, I hate playing against Lissandra when I play with Fizz... actually the last 3 times I choose Fizz, I had to play against a Lissandra, Pantheon and Kassadin in mid. Not something I enjoyed.

Especially since I'm still getting experience with Fizz, sometimes I do amazing. (Depends of how I farm, when do I get lichbane/sorcerer/rabadon).

Still, it a blast to play as Fizz, those walls jumps, and trolling Cait ult. I really hope I eventually get good with him, as it was hard at the start to play against some champions with Ahri.

Ahri, Fizz, Lux, Pantheon, Annie, Caitlyn, are at the moment, my prefered champions to play with, in order. I may buy TF or MF... hmmm...

Blizzard

Banned
So much for no dodges in ARAM queue, I've just had two dodges in a row. I am happy that Riot thought to refund you your reroll if someone dodges, though. I was afraid people might be able to troll by dodging if they saw a reroll and making the reroll be wasted.

I might have imagined it but can someone verify this? I was playing Quinn when I Vaulted just as Pantheon was jumping towards me and it sorta neutralized the stun. Was that the interrupt part of the buff? I didn't expect that to get interrupted.

I think I'll go buy Quinn. Absolutely loving her. Dem mini-bursts with Taric. Lane roflstomp.

bjaelke

also they kept suiciding and I have no tolerance for suicididers
:'(

You can't play Eve without suiciding in aram.

You're trying to sneak around the enemy team and suddenly you find yourself in turret range. Do you run back to the enemy team or do you suicide?

zkylon

zkylewd
:'(

You can't play Eve without suiciding in aram.

You're trying to sneak around the enemy team and suddenly you find yourself in turret range. Do you run back to the enemy team or do you suicide?
if you ask me suiciding to turret should give the enemy team like 100 gold each or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
man I feel like I'm raging way too much at the game. like at my friends over skype.

got to work on that, I don't like being like that at all.

maybe cause I'm outta weed

bjaelke

SK Telecom T1 "Terminator" is a Korean multi-gaming organization founded in 2004.

#2 is their second team (similar to CJ Entus Blaze and Frost).

Boken

Banned
doesn't ignite fuck up the health you get from heal?

not a hard counter or anything, I'm just saying barrier has saved me more than once from ignite, that's all
at level 4, heal and ignite do similiar amounts of heal and damage respectively
so mortal wounds debuff - 50%
Music of the Freljord? Oh, Riot! For me? You shouldn't have!

Have to say the composers pretty much nailed it with this one. The marching thing is a bit trite, but the inclusion of Nyckelharpa and Viola da Gamba is inspired.

Imagine if Skyrim had sounded like this instead of the tripe that Soule farted out.

oh wow, i finally watched this and the song is more amazing when youre not playing the game.

Anybody got a link to the full thing?

y2dvd

Barrier counters ignite. At level 4 since this ex is used for some reason, Barrier with masteries gives you 195 shield for 2 seconds. At the same level, Ignite with masteries gives you 26 true dmg over 5 seconds. Shield will effectively block off 40% of Ignite's dmg.

Barrier just has more utility. Karthus ult? Tower dive? Barrier are great baits against these that'll let you survive more times than ignite would've. Ignite could also be Cleansed, though I think the health regain deduction is still there.

It's all a matter of preference. If you can burst down and kill quickly, then ignite is fine, but you better make sure you get that kill off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom