• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

1334895-312e302e302e38322d3134.jpg

Subtle

They're all agility heroes?

Edit: insight on Sona nerfs

We have a number of tweaks coming for Sona in the next patch, as a consequence of this change:

- Fixed a bug where Power Chord: Diminuendo was not decreasing damage dealt

Yup, that's right. Power Chord: Diminuendo hasn't been reducing the damage dealt by its target. This bug has been particularly tricky to detect because it was reducing the damage numbers displayed, just not the actual damage inflicted.

So after fixing this, we took a step back and asked, what will this do to Sona's balance? Given that Sona is already borderline "always pick" we were quite worried that she'd gain must-pick status after this fix. We asked what we could do to Sona to make her less powerful at high Elo and competitive play, where she is already most dangerous and the fix to Diminuendo is likely to have the largest impact. We also wanted to not hurt Sona's performance too much for other players, and she's not as relatively strong there (but still strong).

Looking at what makes Sona strong in competitive play, we identified that her early game burst is a major source of power, especially for competitive play. While it's important for champions to have comparative strengths and weaknesses, Sona is a bit too strong in this dimension, even beyond providing a unique strategic niche for her compared to other supports. In short, we think we can make some reductions here while preserving her unique strategic niche and playstyle. Here is the changelist:

- Base Power Chord damage changed to 13/20/27/35/43/52/62/72/82/92/102/112/122/132/147/162/177/192 from 8 + (10 x level)

(This refers to the base, which is still doubled by Power Chord: Staccato.)

These numbers were chosen to hit her early game the hardest, and only provide minor reductions during other parts of the game.

We also identified that late game Sona can become really quite durable, more so than we would like. So we also targeted this as an area to remove power. This was where feedback from players was most valuable to informing our decision, as I asked for and specifically received a lot of input on which durability mechanics on Sona were most important to / noticed by players. Keep in mind though, that reductions here are largely offset by the bug we're fixing, so the overall reduction in durability isn't that big.

Aria of Perseverance
- Bonus Armor and Magic Resistance to self and healed ally reduced to 6/7/8/9/10 from 8/11/14/17/20
- Changed aura bonus Armor and Magic Resistance to 6/7/8/9/10 from 3/6/9/12/15

We wanted to compensate for some of these reductions by increasing Sona's early game durability, which is comically low on live.

- Base Health increased to 450 from 410
- Base Armor increased to 11.3 from 9.3

These are reverts of an earlier nerf we did to Sona's durability in lane, which we no longer feel is necessary.

After testing, we were finding that we hadn't actually lowered Sona's late-game durability perceptibly, between these changes and the bug fix, so we also added this:

- Lowered the duration of Power Chord: Diminuendo to 3 seconds from 4

4 seconds is just a really long time for most debuffs, and we didn't feel that this needed to actually last that long to still have a major impact.

We've been giving Sona a lot of attention in playtests and will of course be watching her performance closely following the patch. I personally really enjoy playing Sona and I'm pretty confident that the last thing that these changes will do is make her unpickable. Ok, I hope this provides some context for upcoming changes, thanks for reading

So support Sona buff, mid Sona nerf, meh.

bjaelke

lol random Voyboy penta with Tryndamere just now on his stream. He was severely underfarmed going into the fight but still came out on top.

Ferga

I hear ya. It's so hard to carry as a jungler. :( Especially a support jungler.

xj9 does it the best though. He picks carry junglers (Vi, Hecarim, Elise, Zac, Nocturne, even Nautilus) and takes all buffs and all kills. He farms farms farms. He builds more damage than most junglers He only ganks when it looks guaranteed. He's really good at initiating, taking some initial burst and disengaging only to reengage to clean up. That's why he's good and I'm not. I initiate and usually end up going down with the initiate.

I've had the most success with Vi and Elise. Xin used to be great till the nerfs. Zac is great but I need to put a lot more time into him if I really want a high win rate.

I didn't say it's hard to carry as a jungler. It's the easiest for me. Map control and having the power of calls? Hell yeah man. No-one listens to a mid or top making calls. People listen to the person with smite.

I'm saying you can't exactly do anything when you're playing with good players who don't want to co-operate to actually do anything but surrender.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok, this is hilarious

sorry for the shitty quality, my pc can't really handle recording in 1080p.

for a moment when you saw him show up in your jungle it was like playing slender, so scary :O

Korean Dota (chaos) is out

http://chaos.playcybergames.com/main/en/heroes/
so many waifus. half of lolgaf will disappear now. Cya kiunch, cya zyklon

pic01.jpg

pic03.jpg
serena lady is kinda cute

I'm not cute :/

and you got my name wrong :/

holy shit forget that,

rumours are that edward is going to join CRS

so much drama in LCS town
holy shit

They're all agility heroes?

Edit: insight on Sona nerfs

So support Sona buff, mid Sona nerf, meh.
big ass support sona nerf too

they nerfed the most fun part of her kit and reverted the nerf I thought that actually made sense and made her more of a gamble.

such a stupid change, damn, I was hoping they were gonna reverse it.

At least you can play zilean in ARAM

Fuck Zilean in ARAM. The bane of my existence.

Try being Zed when the enemy team has a Zilean. Most useless I've ever felt.

(also lifesteal tank Sion in a late game ARAM is a game winner to be fair. ARAM isn't really a good indication of how good a champ is.)

LogicStep

Fuck Zilean in ARAM. The bane of my existence.

Try being Zed when the enemy team has a Zilean. Most useless I've ever felt.

(also lifesteal tank Sion in a late game ARAM is a game winner to be fair. ARAM isn't really a good indication of how good a champ is.)

I dunno, I haven't had much time with any game mode besides regular 5v5. Played one game of ARAM and I was a little confused on how to play since the dynamic is different and I was using some champ I didn't know how to play.

To be fair, AD Sion hits like a truck but I feel he gets targeted quickly and gets destroyed. AP Sion on the other hand, has more survivability. His shield takes a lot more hits, it hits like a truck and so does the stun. This leaves the ultimate as an almost exclusive team fighting skill. I never had to use it while I was alone but it's perfect for team fights.

I need to try the other modes, they all good?

EXGN

It was more or less confirmed on saint's stream.

Curse has the money, but I'm pretty sure that was just stream trolling.

For those that haven't seen it, Jacky pretty much walks behind Saint and says "Had Edward arrived yet?" and then Saint goes "WTF BBQ I'M STREAMING." I'm pretty sure Jacky would know if Edward was in the house without asking Saint, but who knows.

Next level trolling, I'm pretty sure: https://twitter.com/EdwardCarryLoL/status/343008922489192448

Blizzard

Banned
How many times has Sona been nerfed now? I like the arcade skin, but come on. ;_; Just buff other supports or something...or are you afraid people will play them mid, Riot?

Edwardo

I'm on a buying spree. I wanted the all star bundle and already own Jayce.. So I bought Gragas with ip and the hillbilly skin on sale. That lowered the price a bunch and now I have plenty of new champs to play and skins to use. I just bought foxfire ahri and general wukong too....

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ARAM might be tolerable if it had bans before the picks were made, but as it is it's just random unbalanced garbage.
It's dumb because someone who only owns Nidalee, Lux, Jayce and Caitlyn is at a huge advantage over someone who owns 95 champions.

They should make the entire pool available for ARAMs for everyone. Getting a repick every two games isn't worth having to play as Evelyn or Sion

Ocho

I may try ranked once I transfer my main account to LAN.

Anyone know how the system works in a new server?
Are the tiers divided by MMR or % of population? (like if you're better than 50% of the population you are in "x" tier)

Will bad players be ranked in a tier they shouldn't be because of low population?

My friends have been going from Plat 3 (NA) to Diamond 5 (LAN) in a single ranked game. Other went from Gold 3 (NA) to Plat 4 (LAN) in the same manner. I guess MMR is the stat they use to place people.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't you know? Mid Sona is OP mang
I was thinking more along the lines of the old Lulu mid/top, or Soraka mid stuff. I feel kind of like Riot doesn't seem to like support champions playing non-support roles, or non-support champions getting support items, and they don't want to buff say, non-Sona supports because they're afraid they would be too powerful or something.

I seem to recall Taric being super successful and common for a very long time, like 6 months or more, before Riot finally tried to adjust him down.

I was thinking more along the lines of the old Lulu mid/top, or Soraka mid stuff. I feel kind of like Riot doesn't seem to like support champions playing non-support roles, or non-support champions getting support items, and they don't want to buff say, non-Sona supports because they're afraid they would be too powerful or something.

I seem to recall Taric being super successful and common for a very long time, like 6 months or more, before Riot finally tried to adjust him down.

I play AP Taric top once in a while and get good results.
It is pretty funny.
On the other hand I tried Lulu top and mid over a couple of days in ranked and went 1:9, first refund I used.
(pretty fun champ though, might get her again if I want to own a good support)

It's dumb because someone who only owns Nidalee, Lux, Jayce and Caitlyn is at a huge advantage over someone who owns 95 champions.

They should make the entire pool available for ARAMs for everyone. Getting a repick every two games isn't worth having to play as Evelyn or Sion
I tried to argue this to my dumbass friends and they thought I was silly. Something about unlocking champions giving you something to strive for or some dumb shit. Wasn't even what I was talking about mark!

brian!

huehue my na scene tier list

jiji, nhat, nyjacky, tsm, dan dinh
all of clg except link, saint (w/ jacky), aphromoo when he's not depressed, scarra when he messes up, robertxlee, hellementz, maybe qtpie in like 30 sec intervals
c9 just cuz get hyped even though it tentatively seems like they all have shitty personalities
fat cop
voyboy, wingz (i guess any brobro top laner check out mah skill im da best i have so many items)

i am excited for more culture clash with crs crsward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom