• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
zac + olaf + vladimir + sion + riven = aatrox?

also seriously the latin american translation is terribad lol

edit: aatrox sounds annoying to lane against

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So is he a jungler?
If you want. He seems more reliant on items to me than other champions though. Once he gets some lifesteal going he gets to be pretty stupid.

I don't really understand how Riot will plan to differentiate him from Sion, who is getting reworked or something. Some AD Sion was really stomping my team today and just generally being a nuisance. Fortunately the hard CC that showed up in group situations really cut him down. Aatrox games will be more of that I guess only harder. Not looking forward to them.

scy

Sustain that's based on pushing the wave is rather limited so we'll see how big of a deal his W sustain will end up being.

I expect a lot of "Aatrox sucks" and "Aatrox OP" discussion while people are still learning how to play him and play against him. The cycle continues.

dimb

Sustain that's based on pushing the wave is rather limited so we'll see how big of a deal his W sustain will end up being.
Isn't it really common to push top a lot now without much repercussion? If you are careful it is pretty hard to get ganked there.

zkylon

zkylewd

I expect a lot of "Aatrox sucks" and "Aatrox OP" discussion while people are still learning how to play him and play against him. The cycle continues.

he sounds like a lot of annoying mechanics coupled together tho

cc
crazy amounts of lifesteal
on demand jump that goes through walls (I dunno if all walls)
gets stronger the closer you are to kill him
passive unlike anivia/zac means you have to kill him twice

but yeah, we'll see

edit: sounds to me like rush bjork and ga... gg

dimb

on demand jump that goes through walls (I dunno if all walls)
His jump is pretty far. Can go over pretty much anything. Same range as Sejuani's, but you only get its knockup from a fairly close distance.
Well his self healing gets stronger but he has to turn off some of his damage for that. The longer a fight goes the bigger his blood well will be in most cases though (if he is attacking), and he will do more damage with his passive.

scy

Isn't it really common to push top a lot now without much repercussion? If you are careful it is pretty hard to get ganked there.

Well, if you can get away with it safely, yeah, you can push it hard to reset the wave. I'm just commenting that it's not like free healing. It still has a cost of being able to attack minions (multiple times as it's a on-third hit proc) and a side-effect of pushing the lane. Just puts him in an odd spot if he's forced back/zoned out.

Still, it's theory. We'll see how it pans out in reality. I'll pick him up Day 1 and force people to deal with me playing it terribly.

crazy amounts of lifesteal

Semantics I guess but he has no inherent Lifesteal. His W is raw healing.

Nitpicking! :x

Not as he gets closer to death, as he uses more skills. Blood Well fills from the HP lost from his skills. His W does heal more though at low health.

Also worth noting is that it doesn't actually store that much health since it doesn't scale with Aatrox's health (~1130 restored at Level 18, if I recall, and he has right around 1900 Health at 18).

scy

To be fair, it's actually a better point for you. Lifesteal would mean it scales with his Damage and the target's Mitigation. Raw Healing means he just heals himself regardless!

zkylon

zkylewd
I really wish they reworked fiora already, she's cool, kinda

new idea: make her e steal ms with each hit instead of just giving you ms.

I just can't think what to do with her ult, I don't want to remove it altogether because it's so fucking cool but it'd probably the right thing to do

zkylon

zkylewd
welcome to prof bokens champion design school zkylon

a potential fix to fiora:

yeah i got nothing
lol yea

let's just give her more skins for the time being

---

found a dude that makes custom mouse pads, so imma get some waifus going on

someone pls troll me with bad art suggestions (I'll accept real suggestions but you guys are gonna troll me anyways)

I'll prolly just do megaman lux

Ferga

So i play jungle jarvan.

I get my mid first blood. Rotate top, get my top laner a kill. Go bot and secure a double kill for my bot lane. Take a 12minute dragon.

I get my second round of buffs and manage to smite steal the next 2 enemy blues.

But you know what? My mid dies once to a gank and he practically gives up, stays at fountain to trash talk me for over 15minutes since I was too slow in walking to his lane from the fountain to help him out.

Gold 1, hell yeah.

Fucking hate some people.

A+Left Click, why didnt I use you sooner? Kiting as an ADC became so much easier and my Vayne mechanics shot way up. I'm actually doing most of my auto attacks at max range now!

Aytrial

I had fun abusing the Death Sentence + Flash exploit in an ARAM today as Thresh. Hell, I wasn't even aware of it until the ruckus about the upcoming patch. Goes to show how much I pay attention to LoL mechanics.

On that note, am I the only one who purely plays ARAMs now? I've given Summoner's Rift a break after getting my ass kicked in Ranked and its annoyingly stressful environment. I almost tasted Gold V in a promotion series, but then went on a massive losing streak and dropped back to Silver III. I'm finding ARAMs really enjoyable simply because of the fun environment.

EDIT: Finished downloading and installing the new patch. Just waiting for Riot to flick the switch and bring the servers back online.

garath

I did get to see some Aatrox streaming from PBE. His cooldowns are pretty high for jungling. I think he's going to need a Xin type page with 15% attackspeed for the sustain. His clear probably isn't great either. His CC isn't a very long duration so the ganks won't be THAT frightening compared to some others.

On the bright side, looks like he can build pretty tanky while still doing some reasonable damage so he might have a role in the jungle.

edit: On retrospect, with the natural attack speed steroids he has, I may build him more like Vi instead. Mix of attack speed, armor pen and damage runes. 21/9 masteries and build with a mix of cooldown and damage.

Hauk

Neo Member
I'm feeling Aatrox will be so damn boring. To play as, I mean his lore and looks (apart from his "blade") is just awesome. Feels like they could've made him thousand times more interesting. Seems his kit is just auto-attacks, maybe use flight-jump to get away, and uninspired poke-tool to slow for a sec.

Can't imagine how he would be interesting/fun to play as. I guess if you like passive heroes, he'd be good for you.

garath

Can we just quash all dreams right now and say Aatrox isn't good at jungling. Don't do it. Just don't.

Doing it!

On a side note, I don't like his alt skin at all. The base one looks cool. Means I don't want to buy the bundle. Which means I guess I'm waiting till week 2 to buy him with IP.

Boken

Banned
R4SXksV.png

4 HOURS FROM THIS POST

LCS THREAD: [HERE]

-BONUS LEVEL- WORLD WIDE LOL ESPORTS
Also in this week is the conclusion of the Korean LCS (OGN) and the beginning of the playoffs for the Chinese LCS (LPL). TPA also fight off against the new top dog in SEA in order to remain relevant.

KOREA:
The finals for their challenger circuit (NLB) is this week, and is between Najin Shield and Najin Sword. Both teams have underwent large changes recently but has dominated teams in the bracket and prove that not only is Sword still good, but Shield has finally regained their form. Countdown and Streams: [esports calendar]

The OGN finals will be between MVP ozone, who has shocked everybody to reach the finals and CJ Blaze, who dominated their sister team and has been showing consistent form. Countdown and Streams: [esports calendar]

CHINA:
WE is no longer top dog in China, with constantly second place team iG now first. The brand new team, OMG has surprised viewers throughout China and has firmly grasped second place, away from WE, who finished last.
- The playoffs this week will be between iG v PE and OMG v WE. Countdown and Streams: [esports calendar]

SEA:
Third place TPA face off against the undefeated AHQ in this weeks hot match in the GPL. Countdown and Streams: [esports calendar]

zkylon

zkylewd
aartrox looks ugly as fuck to me

his sword is stupid

he has lady lips

he has a silly hat (well this is kinda good)

but that's just me

dimb

I did get to see some Aatrox streaming from PBE. His cooldowns are pretty high for jungling. I think he's going to need a Xin type page with 15% attackspeed for the sustain. His clear probably isn't great either. His CC isn't a very long duration so the ganks won't be THAT frightening compared to some others.
Uh, isn't a 15% attack speed page normal for jungling? And there would be no need to ability spam while jungling. His early ganks seem fine to me. Even with one point in his slow it beats out Xin or Jarvan's, and you get a 1.75 second 40% slow, and the knock up is something you have instantly.

Aatrox visual design is pretty bad. Especially his floppy wings. They are pretty dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom