• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

1v1 a supp can be dangerous now xD

I enjoy not being a free kill now. Despite my concerns about some of the finer details of the patch (lolTargons) I do not want this new aspect of supporting to go away. It may make the role more popular overall so i have to call it faster, but that's fine with me.

Burt

Can't say it'll stay like this even if they don't nerf Targon, but one thing's for sure, new jungle feels like shit.

I'll support before jungling now lol
Yeah, it needs a fix so bad. Nerfing the gold support items is one part of it, but they really need to change the speed/XP situation in the jungle and rework trinkets altogether. Trinket use should have an 8 point prerequisite in the support tree. Have a mastery that puts a trinket in your inventory at the start of the game that's upgradable like Viktor's staff. Make it compete with the buff extension mastery for jungles, longer buffs vs. the ability to ward/sweep. Supports would keep their trinkets, and everyone else would still have the option as a trade-off for with their offense/defense. Also, bind it to 7, not 4 god dammit.

And the new wraith camp just looks like shit. I'm assuming that they're working on making it into an actual camp instead of leaving it looking like a copy/paste hatchet job.

Bob White

Yeah, it needs a fix so bad. Nerfing the gold support items is one part of it, but they really need to change the speed/XP situation in the jungle and rework trinkets altogether. Trinket use should have a 10 point prerequisite in the support tree. Have a mastery that puts a trinket in your inventory at the start of the game that's upgradable like Viktor's staff. Make it compete with the buff extension mastery for jungles, longer buffs vs. the ability to ward/sweep. Supports would keep their trinkets, and everyone else would still have the option as a trade-off for with their offense/defense. Also, bind it to 7, not 4 god dammit.

And the new wraith camp just looks like shit. I'm assuming that they're working on making it into an actual camp instead of leaving it looking like a copy/paste hatchet job.

God no. I like having the vision game being shared. It's on of the reasons supports have gold now. I mean, wasn't that the point of trinkets? They should fix jungle by other means.

Burt

God no. I like having the vision game being shared. It's on of the reasons supports have gold now. I mean, wasn't that the point of trinkets? They should fix jungle by other means.
There's a healthy balance somewhere between putting it all on the support and giving everyone a shit ton of vision everywhere. Jungles are fine putting points into utility, and plenty of tops can get away with it too. The amount of vision sharing now has butchered ganking opportunities, counter-jungling, and invades. Even if you just nerfed Targon and made double top lanes less viable, those problems would still be there. Giving trinkets a mastery prerequisite would cut down on them while still allowing vision to be shared amongst the team.

brian!

also I totally forgot that this patch was coming so I dunno who's gonna get into the lcs now
quantic's jungler and support are prtty strong mechanically though

brian!

i like the way he looks at the quote button even tho bmo is my favorite character
if rex puts da face on it ill use that

Leezard

I don't really see the issue with the trinkets. Pre-9 they add a single 60-second ward, with a 60-second gap of no vision after that. You typically have several gank paths anyway. If anything, I see less vision in this preseason than in S3.

Zynx

There's a healthy balance somewhere between putting it all on the support and giving everyone a shit ton of vision everywhere. Jungles are fine putting points into utility, and plenty of tops can get away with it too. The amount of vision sharing now has butchered ganking opportunities, counter-jungling, and invades. Even if you just nerfed Targon and made double top lanes less viable, those problems would still be there. Giving trinkets a mastery prerequisite would cut down on them while still allowing vision to be shared amongst the team.

The real significance of the change in my eyes is the 1 pink per player along with the lack of oracles. It's much harder to deny vision than before, which makes it harder to gank or pick. I try to save my pink for when the jungler pings "on my way" but even then good opponents should think something's up when I do that. I think the sweeper cd is too long to be useful compared to the ward trinket.

From what I've seen of high level play (I do not play at a high level) all laners were buying wards already in s3 although not close to as many as the support, and if everyone else places at least 1 or 2 wards while the support places 4, you can still get very good vision coverage.

That and it's an inelegant solution.

So, what's expected from Riot?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really see the issue with the trinkets. Pre-9 they add a single 60-second ward, with a 60-second gap of no vision after that. You typically have several gank paths anyway.
A single sixty second ward makes a big difference out of the gate. Especially when you can pretty much count on the enemy jungler not ganking until you hit ~3. It's very easy to time its placement to deny gank opportunities. You can say there are multiple routes, but realistically it isn't worth taking the risk to fail on that gank and pass through partial vision, because gank routes are pretty limited unless you are really looping around and committing to the gank.

garath

even without the trinks, would you guys say jungle ganks are less valuable this patch compared to farming ur shit

It's harder to gank early. Jungle camps hurt. Junglers are lower and committing to a gank is risky. And if you fail that gank you are delaying your new source of income. It seems like the more successful junglers (though who don't go 2-1-2) are farming early and not ganking till later.

brian!

sure
I'm wondering more about effectiveness tho, like thinking in terms of carnivore/herbivore jungles
like comparing oppa meteos style (farming, showing up in lane only when super duper advantageous) vs. bengy (wassup I live on ur faces)

havent played on this patch, but jungle gold was supposed to be raised, and most competent players wont die in lane without outside interference so like if junglers aren't really showing up or have been prevented from doing it ofc farming is better. but my question was even if junglers could gank as well as last patch, would it be worth it with how gold has been changed
edit/ or I guess the simple question is, has ganking been changed to where you only gank for a map objective compared to ganking to snowball a lane

oh also wondering about snowballz I guess like is it less of a thing now, can a good passive farmer just come right back, like you killed me but do i even care if my tower is still up
i know its like the 1st day

dimb

even without the trinks, would you guys say jungle ganks are less valuable this patch compared to farming ur shit
a big issue with ganking right now is that it's super easy to punish. no matter what once you see a gank top or bot you know you can invade and there will be at least two camps up for you to safely steal while you grab their big buffs or the timers for them. opportunities to deny vision are pretty much non-existent, which can make it very safe to invade when you can just ward up the enemy jungle to give yourself good escape routes, or vision on people trying to stop you.

people don't know to invade just yet all the time, but i would not be surprised to see people pick up on the fact that you can take a lot from the enemy jungler when you see them gank.

drawkcaB

I don't really see the issue with the trinkets. Pre-9 they add a single 60-second ward, with a 60-second gap of no vision after that. You typically have several gank paths anyway. If anything, I see less vision in this preseason than in S3.

Same, I like the idea of trinkets. With my limited time into S4 I feel as if there should be a "triangle balance" on them where red>yellow>blue>red which isn't really happening right now. Since Red has to counter not only yellow trinkets but regular wards as well it seems that the cooldowns on red and yellow trinkets should be swaped. Or maybe red trinket can have a larger cast range so you can cast it on a known ward location to disable it while running up to gank before the ward gets a chance to see you. Can't say much about blue trinket yet but even the fully upgraded one is still only 1 second of vision on a 150s cooldown. Doesn't seem particularly good to me.

(On a side note I greatly dislike all the new item icons. The fact Riot is replacing them piecemeal jus makes it so much worse)

brain! said:
I'm wondering more about effectiveness tho, like thinking in terms of carnivore/herbivore jungles
like comparing oppa meteos style (farming, showing up in lane only when super duper advantageous) vs. bengy (wassup I live on ur faces)

Well, for what it's worth Meteos style was mostly in competitive play where he didn't have to worry about his laners being idiots and losing*. If you check out his stream (or even his older twitch videos) in solo queue his style is more typical of S3 junglers.

*See vs. Fnatic for what happens to Meteos' "efficient jungling" when his lanes don't go quite the right way.

dimb said:
people don't know to invade just yet all the time, but i would not be surprised to see people pick up on the fact that you can take a lot from the enemy jungler when you see them gank

Yep. And since all new revised jungle items except wriggle's require the large monsters to be killed in order to collect the bonus gold, a failed gank can set you back badly.

brian!

would you say it's worth it to not show up for a countergank compared to just farming their jungle?
I mean I know there are a lot of different situations, I guess I'm thinking mostly about top lane

dimb

would you say it's worth it to not show up for a countergank compared to just farming their jungle?
I mean I know there are a lot of different situations, I guess I'm thinking mostly about top lane
I mean if you're going to win the 2v2 countergank. If there's no hope it'd be better to just be proactive and farm.

drawkcaB

for all the targon comments, i keep seeing the dual top lanes failing every time i watch a stream.

I'm seeing it do well, but it doesn't mean a win by any stretch. Seems like the other solo and duo lane are maybe not adjusting accordingly to the idea of having zero jungle help of their own? Although you can turn that argument around and say the duo lane is winning because the opposing solo and jungle haven't adjusted to 2-1-2 yet either, so it's a wash.

brian!

backwards my bro I was just thinking about different jungling styles and whether the gold change will make ppl lose their jobs
already thinking about oddone being replaced if he has to lane

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm thinking it'd be kinda fun if they moved oracle's to a buff like blue or red, that maybe gives some weird aura buffs or something, that maybe spawns later on.

so it's either one in each side and you give it to your support or your jungler and they have like 2 and a half minutes to clear wards with it, then 5 minutes of DARKNESS

not necessarily a great idea, but red trinket doesn't feel so good either

Edwardo

I'm rethinking my feelings on corki's q. It's worse in lane phase, because its harder to do a auto-q-auto, but in teamfights it does add more distanced damage. It's easy to throw it out there between missles and autos.

Leezard

A single sixty second ward makes a big difference out of the gate. Especially when you can pretty much count on the enemy jungler not ganking until you hit ~3. It's very easy to time its placement to deny gank opportunities. You can say there are multiple routes, but realistically it isn't worth taking the risk to fail on that gank and pass through partial vision, because gank routes are pretty limited unless you are really looping around and committing to the gank.

Sure, the lvl 3 gank will not be as easy as before. It should be simple to either use the reveal trinket or to simply wait the duration though. Junglers might have to gank mid lane first, to go top later, or just farm a bit more before they gank.

I think the changes to the jungle itself is more oppressive to junglers than a 60 sec ward.

Leezard

It's quite farcical, isn't it. Riot wanted to buff supports and buff the jungle.

Now jungling and ganking is useless, and no one is playing a support champ in the support role.

Hey now, Leona is still a support champ. Perhaps League just has to embrace the Dota way of calling everything that does not autohit a lot a support.

Well, decided to try my hand at double Relic Shield, went Jinx top with Zac, started red and completely crushed their top lane AND their jungler at the same time.

Would've been the easiest win of my life if Zac hadn't disconnected lol

Nev

Banned
Now jungling and ganking is useless, and no one is playing a support champ in the support role.

I said they should remove the "support" term/role and just make them utility mages, remove this nonsensical case-by-case scaling/tweaking and the sighstone and we're done. Much better and fun game for everyone no matter the role.

dimb

I think the changes to the jungle itself is more oppressive to junglers than a 60 sec ward.
It winds up being multiplicative. With experience and smite changes junglers are dissuaded from early aggression, but the free vision can stack on top of that fast. In practical application the ward clearing trinket is shit on the junglers themselves. It's a waste of time to go clear it, and you are playing a huge guessing game on where the ward is planted in most cases. It also pretty clearly states your intention to gank that lane, meaning those players will be on the defensive.

And after the early game you wind up in a situation where you can buy your regular wards on top of having your trinket vision. There is simply more vision everywhere on the map, and the removed brush is also a big culprit. Even simple stuff like diving seems to be majorly thwarted by the extra jungle camps, so junglers can play a safer game that allows them to stick to one side of the map and babysit the lane of their choosing.

drawkcaB

I said they should remove the "support" term/role and just make them utility mages, remove this nonsensical case-by-case scaling/tweaking and the sighstone and we're done. Much better and fun game for everyone no matter the role.

I'm on board with either this or making it so that supports have higher base damages but lower damage scaling so it becomes either pick a mage with decent early utility but better late game or a support who will deal more damage early and go into late game with substantially more utility. AP scaling utility on supports is sort of meh, particularly when they expect you to build ~150AP to return to the pre-S4 values on lots of these champions.

I'm not sure if all this free vision is good for the game.

I would have like it if they just put the ward limit and the visible pink wards.

Vision should also carry with it a gold investment or other opportunity cost (such as giving up a summoner spell slot for clairvoyance).

What's more, you can't tell when a person has used their trinket ward - this is a big deal as a ganking jungler. When you could see wards in inventories, you knew when they were used and could strategise accordingly. Now when you come to gank it's a 50/50 chance whether you'll be spotted or not.

Eh, It seems like Riot is going to release something called "League of Legends Torneos(Tournaments)" exclusively for latin america, at the moment.

They have yet to announce it, but the FAQ about it shows in the devtracker. Not sure exactly what it is but they listed some features, like:
Automatic generation of code tournament.
Data Recovery of played matches.
Results Updated automatically
Saving of statistics.
Generation of brackets.
Create teams and tournaments.
List of tournaments.
Search teams.
Search Tournament.

And that it may be launched to another regions eventually.

Tournaments will give points, so they can make a leaderboards and give rewards. Riot is the one that gives the points to the tournament, most will not give points, no interaction between this and season 4. Eh.

bjaelke

Anivia is such a blast in All for One. At level 6 we collapsed on mid and walled him inside a few glacial storms. It's such a broken mechanism if you're just a slightly bit coordinated. I think it's the first championed I've enjoyed playing for more than 20 minutes in this mode/on this map.

CgyIDvM.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Sivir after the Q nerf actually feels stronger than before lol

My Q actually does late game damage now.
that's because it wasn't really a nerf. adcs normally have like 50+20 or something ad at level 1. q damage before was 60+22, now it's 25+50, give or take.

they also cut the damage falloff per hit in half

I dunno what riot was thinking :p

Wut? Unless you were playing with bads before, there's a lot less vision on the map now than there was before. Fuck, the entire team put together has less vision on the map now than I put down by myself as support in Season 3. It's actually pretty easy to gank and counter-jungle right now, the only thing that's been butchered is the Level 1 Invade (RIP).

You gotta show those laners you're the boss.

I felt like since tryndamere was getting seven shades of shite kicked out of him by the jax and kept moaning over voice, that I would rather him not be any heavier than he was.

I got enough gold from farming the enemy champs mang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom