• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea so either your team moves forward or your team moves backwards, depending on the choke.

if it blocked movement AND projectiles, yeah itd be op as fuck, but right now it lets you make a choice
it feels really strong as it can not only stop wombo combos but you can drop it after you engage and zone the enemy team that way

haven't tried him yet but I can see riot nerfing the duration

I would really like to see it work both ways and block your own projectiles too (and then maybe keep the 4s). sure, it's open for trolling but so are j4's and gragas' ults and anivia wall and people usually use them for good. and I really like spells that act like double-edged swords, I wish the game was a bit more like that

that having said, anivia+yasuo is gonna be so gud
just picture anivia+yasuo with a caitlyn+nidalee bot lane.

o and ori ball is no longer a projectile when its on some1
cool

would've been very depressing otherwise

I'm also confused why it doesn't stop syndra scatter the weak ball pushes

The dash is his e. Basically i watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hwcDhmTzMXI

and kinda went wtf

The wall kind of raised my eyebrows but I'm more worried about the dash right now.
it's gated by the mark making you unable to dash towards someone more than 10-skillLevel seconds. so you can't just keep dashing at someone like an idiot, though you can use minions to gapclose really effectively.

stay the fuck off your minions feels like the rule of thumb

so play him like you'd play mordekaiser or malzahar

or something

That Yasuo E...I'm just going to assume that doesn't make it to Live. I mean, what do you even do against it besides leave the lane and sit at base.
The damage from E is actually pretty weak. Stacking it on minions during lane isn't supersafe safe since E is predictable and not fast. You'll never enter a teamfight in the river with a fully stacked E. You don't even want to E mindlessly in a teamfight either.

His early damage is actually very low. His passive giving him double crits doesn't feel as OP as it sounds. He's generally quite squishy too. There's something to be argued about maxing W over E for the cooldown and Flow generation. If he gets ahead of you in lane, better stay a good distance from your minions.

Wind Wall is an incredibly strong utility spell. Right now you can sit inside the wall and shrug off all projectiles for 4 seconds.

zkylon

zkylewd
so next champion q should be placing a roof that you can block karthus ult, yes?

if pantheon lands on it he can't get off till he ults again someplace else

Kenai

The damage from E is actually pretty weak. Stacking it on minions during lane isn't supersafe safe since E is predictable and not fast. You'll never enter a teamfight in the river with a fully stacked E. You don't even want to E mindlessly in a teamfight either.

I was more thinking like he dives by a minion by you (which isn't exactly uncommon), or dives to you then dives away using a minion by you, so basically ignoring a turret or just diving in, Q auto dive out cause why not, and what do you even do about it cause he is now far away and you are either squishy and can't take it or you are less squishy but have no range to deal, but he's doing it again in 10 secs anyway. Plus he can just use his opponent's creep wave to chase them down making it nearly impossible to run unless you are like a full screen away ahead of time, and even then another creep wave is probably on the way.

Also I know the jungle isn't super popular right now but I can't imagine any other jungler being able to compete with his clear time with dashes like that and zero need of mana to slow him down. And if you actually want to catch him for a gank? Better hope nothing else whatsoever is nearby him to dash away with. I don't think that's realistic tho.

The wind wall is an easy fix, just have a cap on the amount of projectiles it can absorb/deflect, or give it health that break on enough damage or something (and maybe raise the CD some too). Also several of those moves that are currently being blocked by it probably shouldn't be if they should be flying "over" it.

eg?

if you wanna say things are arbitrary, providing examples promotes discussion

Does block: Aatrox's wedge-shaped AoE (not a projectile), Graves Buckshot/MF's Bullet Time (bullets), Diana's Q (light), Diana's W and seemingly Nautilus's E (PBAoEs), Jinx's Flamechompers (lolwhat), Kog'Maw's E (doublewut), Draven's Whirling Death (ground-based AoE), Malphite's Seismic Shard,

Does not block: Corki's Gatling Gun (bullets), Rumble's Flamespitter (fire), Kassadin's Force Pulse, Nautilus's Depth Charge (ground-based AoE), Mundo's Burning Agony (PBAoE), etc., etc.

I understand a lot of this is because of janky ways things have been programmed into the game (ie, Corki and Rumble's frontal cone AoEs are programmed differently to allow them to move during execution, as opposed to static conal AoEs like Talon's Rake, and a lot of these abilities are treated as 'minions' like Nautilus's ultimate), but you can very much tell that the reason it works the way it does is because of janky code, not because of any sort of consistent logic or game balance reasoning.

Also I know the jungle isn't super popular right now but I can't imagine any other jungler being able to compete with his clear time with dashes like that and zero need of mana to slow him down. And if you actually want to catch him for a gank? Better hope nothing else whatsoever is nearby him to dash away with. I don't think that's realistic tho.

I actually tried jungling on a custom yesterday. He was terrible. His clear is the opposite of what you and me imagined. Warwick clears the jungle better in terms of speed and sustain. The thing is, he has near zero steroids at low levels. His Q is essentially an auto attack +10 damage every 6 seconds that can hit multiple targets. It's not possible / very impractical to spend time lining jungle camps in a straight line so your Q hits everything at the same time. His E is essentially on a 10-6 second cooldown.

His early ganks are actually not good either. He has a 475 range gapcloser, though he can chain them to minions. Assuming you never miss your Q, his only CC requires ~12 seconds to prime at low levels... more than enough time for the enemy to get away.

Kenai

I actually tried jungling on a custom yesterday. He was terrible. His clear is the opposite of what you and me imagined. Warwick clears the jungle better in terms of speed and sustain. The thing is, he has near zero steroids at low levels. His Q is essentially an auto attack +10 damage every 6 seconds that can hit multiple targets. It's not possible / very impractical to spend time lining jungle camps in a straight line so your Q hits everything at the same time. His E is essentially on a 10-6 second cooldown.

His early ganks are actually not good either. He has a 475 range gapcloser, though he can chain them to minions. Assuming you never miss your Q, his only CC requires ~12 seconds to prime at low levels... more than enough time for the enemy to get away.

Oh well that is good to know. The laning thing was more my concern tho with the jungle kinda being a mess right now + me basically knowing squat about it for s4.

I mean, it looks neat and I'm really not trying to ruin fun but I really don't think having a dash with that low of a requirement to use + that range + that CD allows for much counterplay at all. And that's *just* the dash, gets extra lulzy if we take the fact that 90% of possible ganks and CC are stopped by the windwall. I feel like if he is going to be that much of a monster duelist + have some serious CC/utility he shouldn't have such an easy time in the laning phase also with such an effective lasthit + harass + escape all-in-one that's always there and is free to use.

Boken

Banned
Does block: Aatrox's wedge-shaped AoE (not a projectile), Graves Buckshot/MF's Bullet Time (bullets), Diana's Q (light), Diana's W and seemingly Nautilus's E (PBAoEs), Jinx's Flamechompers (lolwhat), Kog'Maw's E (doublewut), Draven's Whirling Death (ground-based AoE), Malphite's Seismic Shard,

Does not block: Corki's Gatling Gun (bullets), Rumble's Flamespitter (fire), Kassadin's Force Pulse, Nautilus's Depth Charge (ground-based AoE), Mundo's Burning Agony (PBAoE), etc., etc.

I understand a lot of this is because of janky ways things have been programmed into the game (ie, Corki and Rumble's frontal cone AoEs are programmed differently to allow them to move during execution, as opposed to static conal AoEs like Talon's Rake, and a lot of these abilities are treated as 'minions' like Nautilus's ultimate), but you can very much tell that the reason it works the way it does is because of janky code, not because of any sort of consistent logic or game balance reasoning.

if its a cone with no travel time - eg - corki e, rumble q, cassio r, kassadin e - theyre not a projectile

while things like talon w, mf r, graves q all have travel times

anything else that moves above the ground seems to be blocked

they should make exceptions for ults though - the ults should at least explode on the spot. mebe

I was more thinking like he dives by a minion by you (which isn't exactly uncommon), or dives to you then dives away using a minion by you, so basically ignoring a turret or just diving in, Q auto dive out cause why not, and what do you even do about it cause he is now far away and you are either squishy and can't take it or you are less squishy but have no range to deal, but he's doing it again in 10 secs anyway. Plus he can just use his opponent's creep wave to chase them down making it nearly impossible to run unless you are like a full screen away ahead of time, and even then another creep wave is probably on the way.

The wind wall is an easy fix, just have a cap on the amount of projectiles it can absorb/deflect, or give it health that break on enough damage or something (and maybe raise the CD some too). Also several of those moves that are currently being blocked by it probably shouldn't be if they should be flying "over" it.

the pattern is no different to irelia though

the real matter here is that hes really 100% an auto attacker with no other stickness other than his E - even his Q is just an auto attack. so if he dashes at you without a Q charge, hes not going to do too much

his E isnt that bad if you think about it

zkylon

zkylewd
from looking at his abilities, the wall is on a really long cooldown, to a minimum of 18 seconds and he can e to you just once every 6 seconds at max rank (10s up to level 10 when you start dumping points into it), while casting his ult takes 3 q casts which I think take about 8 seconds. shield also takes time to recharge.

he's not such a good duelist I think, in fact probably he'll be pretty mediocre at dueling, but he'll be a monster in teamfights and assassinations.

edit: don't take my word for it since I don't play that type of champion too much. just comparing it to riven that has spammable spells, cc and shields, can chase and escape without minions and has an execute :p

if its a cone with no travel time - eg - corki e, rumble q, cassio r, kassadin e - theyre not a projectile

while things like talon w, mf r, graves q all have travel times

anything else that moves above the ground seems to be blocked

they should make exceptions for ults though - the ults should at least explode on the spot. mebe

Like I said, I understand the programming reasons. They just don't translate well into functional game logic.

The wall blocks auto-attacks, Buckshot, and Bullet Time. A reasonable conclusion is that it blocks conal AoEs that use bullets. The fact that it does not block Corki's Gatling Gun is obviously very weird when you look at it from a logical or game balance perspective, and caused entirely by the way the ability is programmed.

The wall can block Seismic Shard and Whirling Death - the second of which is actually amusing, because it's something that wouldn't have been a projectile on older champions due to their early programming practices, but since he came after they stopped using some of the poorer techniques it is a projectile rather than a hitscan AoE or 'virtual minion' - but doesn't block Nautilus's ultimate. Again, it's entirely jarring: we've established it blocks things with a travel time even if they move on/underground, but because of the more dated methods used to program Nautilus's ability it becomes exempt?

The wall can block Flamechompers because an animator took the time to animate them zipping to their setup point, but not Caitlyn or Nidalee traps because someone got lazy and just had them magic themselves into existence rather than animating their placement. Again, it doesn't have a strong logical or balance foundation, and it creates this weird dissonance where "old and busted design" is apparently something you need to list as a benefit when talking about a character.

"Sure, Corki's kind of shit, but he was lazily programmed and doesn't interact properly with newer characters and their mechanics! 10/10, first pick/ban potential."

I mean, it's less a problem with the ability itself and more with how it's shining a spotlight on some of the shitty "leftovers" still stuck to some of the older champions that probably need to get updated to more unified programming and design standards.

Fnatic isn't in great shape right now, Deman. I think you're maybe getting to that age where it "seems like just yesterday" that CLG actually won games; it's okay, I'm getting long in the tooth, too, sometimes I forget it's been years since they weren't a bottom-tier team.

sjPdnsy.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
that aphro roaming was pretty nice, great way to make a 2v1 leona useful

but ziggs is such a stupid champion, he's on my top 3 most hated for sure

c'mon fnatic, fuck them up

that aphro roaming was pretty nice, great way to make a 2v1 leona useful

but ziggs is such a stupid champion, he's on my top 3 most hated for sure

c'mon fnatic, fuck them up

Link's Ziggs is pretty good, and xPeke is playing really bad. He left lane with a negative scoreline in the first game even with his entire team stomping. You'd think watching Alex leapfrog people on Kha'Zix would have got the old assassin jonesin' running all hot-blooded in him, but I guess he's not all-there tonight.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ziggs is best champion.
only if yo like furry

Link's Ziggs is pretty good, and xPeke is playing really bad. He left lane with a negative scoreline in the first game even with his entire team stomping. You'd think watching Alex leapfrog people on Kha'Zix would have got the old assassin jonesin' running all hot-blooded in him, but I guess he's not all-there tonight.
yep, his nidalee was pretty bad too, with the exception of the one amazing escape

zkylon

zkylewd
considering how crap they can be, clg did play the second game really well, specially aphromoo, though fnatic for some reason likes to lose second games

glad it's fnatic vs gambit, clg and c9 both looking outclassed here

also after weeks of nacl, I seriously can't stand this shit random noises they try to pass as music. like holy shit

Had an all for one game with GP (us) vs Jinx.

We'd ult a giant portion of the map at the same time and E and run at them Q'ing as they ran away.

Awesome.

considering how crap they can be, clg did play the second game really well, specially aphromoo, though fnatic for some reason likes to lose second games

glad it's fnatic vs gambit, clg and c9 both looking outclassed here

also after weeks of nacl, I seriously can't stand this shit random noises they try to pass as music. like holy shit
CLG was doing really good overall, but Nien was underperforming pretty badly.,

They could've done much better if it weren't the case. Doublelift and Aphro were pretty spot on

Holy shit, these new assist bonuses are glorious. Managed to go full offensive build with support Lux without actually getting kills until I was fucking fed. Plus Relic Shield sure helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom