• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Holy shit, these new assist bonuses are glorious. Managed to go full offensive build with support Lux without actually getting kills until I was fucking fed. Plus Relic Shield sure helps.
go away. you're part of the problem. if you don't want to support don't pick support. :(

brian!

found this pic of dbllift

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

think i mite support clg this season too

haha holy shit that eu caster who's name I always forget looks like he just went through a divorce

Nev

Banned
go away. you're part of the problem. if you don't want to support don't pick support. :(

Yea ward dispensers too fun bring them back Riot, everybody loved to play the most boring shit role invented in online multiplayer games. Who asked for buying actual items and feeling part of a team and not their useless bitch?

I miss these exciting 40+ min games as support. So much joy dewarding and doing nothing in a teamfight after blowing my only spell that doesn't need items to be somewhat noticeable. Who can't remember these intense low trade lane phases standing in the brush. Good times of "do I really wanna play this? I used to have fun", indeed.

DeadNames

Banned
Yea ward dispensers too fun bring them back Riot, everybody loved to play the most boring shit role invented in online multiplayer games. Who asked for buying actual items and feeling part of a team and not their useless bitch?

I miss these exciting 40+ min games as support. So much joy dewarding and doing nothing in a teamfight after blowing my only spell that doesn't need items to be somewhat noticeable. Who can't remember these intense low trade lane phases standing in the brush. Good times of "do I really wanna play this? I used to have fun", indeed.

dhMeAzK.gif

Koomaster

So has anyone asked/tested if Yasuo's wall does 1 point of true damage similar to Anivia's wall or Trundle's spire?

I ask because it seems you could just push a minion wave and then set up the wall by a turret, let an adc or someone with attack speed siege the turret while the enemy is basically helpless to do anything. If the wall did 1 point of damage then at least the tower would start attacking Yasuo if an enemy came in contact with the wall.

Burt

The more I see and think about these new gold items, the more I like the general idea. Let the support role die and crack the game wide open. Enabling dual lanes as a viable strategy beyond a carry and a babysitter just gives the game so many more options in terms of the meta and legitimate champion synergy.

I want lane synergy be more important than champion select. I want to see four mages mid trying to combo with their teammates instead of someone hiding under the tower until laning ends because they got countered. I want to see weird new lane comps like Nasus and Taric bottom combining their crazy sustain, great CC, and armor reduction. I want as many people as possible to enjoy playing in a double lane instead of bitching about getting penalized for being a team player.

With as many champions as this game has, it's completely fucked up how rigid roles and lanes are. The meta shifts, but it's always just a transition from one thing to another. It rarely expands to allow for a diversity of options, and that's just boring. Even if the new gold items aren't there yet (and the support champs need some changes to make them more viable as itemized mages/tanks/junglers), they have the potential to completely change the game by making all sorts of double lanes a real choice.

Yeah, maybe none of this will ever work out in low level play with randoms, but I'd still rather see pro teams at least have the option than be stuck with the same old shit across the board. It would be exciting not knowing if a team was going to throw two mages mid, or double bruisers bot, or whatever else they could make work with some creative thinking. There are a trillion damn champions in this game, and there has to be something more interesting than only one or two viable meta options.

Newt

The more I see and think about these new gold items, the more I like the general idea. Let the support role die and crack the game wide open. Enabling dual lanes as a viable strategy beyond a carry and a babysitter just gives the game so many more options in terms of the meta and legitimate champion synergy.

I want lane synergy be more important than champion select. I want to see four mages mid trying to combo with their teammates instead of someone hiding under the tower until laning ends because they got countered. I want to see weird new lane comps like Nasus and Taric bottom combining their crazy sustain, great CC, and armor reduction. I want as many people as possible to enjoy playing in a double lane instead of bitching about getting penalized for being a team player.

With as many champions as this game has, it's completely fucked up how rigid roles and lanes are. The meta shifts, but it's always just a transition from one thing to another. It rarely expands to allow for a diversity of options, and that's just boring. Even if the new gold items aren't there yet (and the support champs need some changes to make them more viable as itemized mages/tanks/junglers), they have the potential to completely change the game by making all sorts of double lanes a real choice.

Yeah, maybe none of this will ever work out in low level play with randoms, but I'd still rather see pro teams at least have the option than be stuck with the same old shit across the board. It would be exciting not knowing if a team was going to throw two mages mid, or double bruisers bot, or whatever else they could make work with some creative thinking. There are a trillion damn champions in this game, and there has to be something more interesting than only one or two viable meta options.
Don't underestimate supports atm. They are very strong right now, and they have dueling options.

Also, the game will always need ADCs. I may be super biased because it's my most played role, but not having a role that can destroy your team in 5 seconds at the 40 minute mark isn't something you can leave behind.

Nekofrog

Banned
No idea how I just won that Fizz game. It was like, my third REAL Fizz game with the exception of when I was a total newb to the game (so those don't count). Normally when I lane against LeBlanc I like to go Kass, but my team banned him. I accidentally stole J4's blue buff at the start, but it wasn't my fault. I asked him if he was going to smite or not, he said he was. He proceeded to smite it at half health, and my poison +auto killed it.

Was kind of terrified to lane against LB as a champ I had little experience as, and I later found our she was scared too. Our lane was very passive for a long time, with both of us more interested in farming than trading (though I did initiate a couple trades that put me ahead).

Our J4 was super duper passive, and we were getting mad at him for it. He said that I was supposed to initiate by diving and tossing my ult. Our Sona said he was retarded, and that he was supposed to lock someone down and then we'd go in and stack our ults. His refusal to initiate led to us getting poked and pushed quite a bit. Eventually we got tired of waiting for him so I would just do what I could to initiate. We won every team fight except for one, when J4 ulted everyone on our team except for me, died, and didn't/couldn't release his ult. I got zapped fast, and the rest of our team fell.

Still, I ended up 9-4 so I was happy with the win. The only HUGE mistake I made was getting greedy and getting the blasting wand when I could afford it for my lich bane instead of saving up more for my sheen, but in the end I think it was a wise move because it made my ult hurt a LOT more in 1v1s and 1v2s, allowing me to zone and escape well.

I like you Fizz. But I like Ziggs more.

brian!

i dunno I mean most of their champs got dicked on, korea is behind a patch, etc.

im excited to see where they end up tho

zkylon

zkylewd
CLG was doing really good overall, but Nien was underperforming pretty badly.,

They could've done much better if it weren't the case. Doublelift and Aphro were pretty spot on
I wouldn't say really good, trick looked pretty outclassed, nien did horrible all three games and link was meh (winning ziggs vs. ori doesn't count). double was pretty alright but nothing out of the ordinary from him

I feel this is the big problem with s4 supports, they feel catered to people that don't want to play support. I didn't want to have bilions of gold on sona, I just wanted to not have to ward everything and then sweep one side of the map with oracles while the other support sweeps the other one.

I really really hate the idea of making lol a game about cheese

meta standards help set a basic framework for how games play out. I play lol so I can duel it out with the other mid, then teamfight, that's what I like, and I hate it when people pull off stupid shit like 3 people mid or whatever. playing against a new type of cheese every game would not make me happy

brian!

a game about cheese

im into this

but I mean you are playing a fledgeling babby game, it's not really cheese, it's just not the game you were playing a week ago
it's milk right now, once it settles, and the cultures have time, then itz cheese

zkylon

zkylewd
im into this

but I mean you are playing a fledgeling babby game, it's not really cheese, it's just not the game you were playing a week ago
it's milk right now, once it settles, and the cultures have time, then itz cheese

happy to see you haven't changed at all

CLG was doing really good overall, but Nien was underperforming pretty badly.,

Balls was thoroughly outclassed, too, which is a bit weird. European top laners traditionally haven't run a racket on North American ones, though I suppose it's a bit skewed in this case since it's arguably the two best ones in Europe vs. a player who only started playing top half a year ago and another who's never been a top-flight performer.

I'm a bit curious to see how long the honeymoon lasts between Doublelift and Aphromoo this time around. The fact Doublelift's playing both Lucian and Jinx is a reasonable sign they might get along better, since one of the major problems before was that he was too orthodox and inflexible in his champion choices. (Not willing to pick up Draven or Varus in particular.)

I still think fans picking CLG for IEM had a severe case of the dumb. They can't even beat the #3 teams in America, how exactly did anyone expect them to square off against teams that place #3 in the world?

Boken

Banned
Balls was thoroughly outclassed, too, which is a bit weird. European top laners traditionally haven't run a racket on North American ones, though I suppose it's a bit skewed in this case since it's arguably the two best ones in Europe vs. a player who only started playing top half a year ago and another who's never been a top-flight performer.

I'm a bit curious to see how long the honeymoon lasts between Doublelift and Aphromoo this time around. The fact Doublelift's playing both Lucian and Jinx is a reasonable sign they might get along better, since one of the major problems before was that he was too orthodox and inflexible in his champion choices. (Not willing to pick up Draven or Varus in particular.)

I still think fans picking CLG for IEM had a severe case of the dumb. They can't even beat the #3 teams in America, how exactly did anyone expect them to square off against teams that place #3 in the world?
im surprised CLG could even beat out TSM in terms of popularity
C9 looked kinda bad surprisingly. was it the loss of alex penn? or maybe its unfortunate for them that gambit had this massive power spike with edward
oh right

yeah I want that
no you dont
move the char sheet to ; or something

Boken

Banned
Like I said, I understand the programming reasons. They just don't translate well into functional game logic.

The wall blocks auto-attacks, Buckshot, and Bullet Time. A reasonable conclusion is that it blocks conal AoEs that use bullets. The fact that it does not block Corki's Gatling Gun is obviously very weird when you look at it from a logical or game balance perspective, and caused entirely by the way the ability is programmed.

The wall can block Seismic Shard and Whirling Death - the second of which is actually amusing, because it's something that wouldn't have been a projectile on older champions due to their early programming practices, but since he came after they stopped using some of the poorer techniques it is a projectile rather than a hitscan AoE or 'virtual minion' - but doesn't block Nautilus's ultimate. Again, it's entirely jarring: we've established it blocks things with a travel time even if they move on/underground, but because of the more dated methods used to program Nautilus's ability it becomes exempt?

The wall can block Flamechompers because an animator took the time to animate them zipping to their setup point, but not Caitlyn or Nidalee traps because someone got lazy and just had them magic themselves into existence rather than animating their placement. Again, it doesn't have a strong logical or balance foundation, and it creates this weird dissonance where "old and busted design" is apparently something you need to list as a benefit when talking about a character.

"Sure, Corki's kind of shit, but he was lazily programmed and doesn't interact properly with newer characters and their mechanics! 10/10, first pick/ban potential."

I mean, it's less a problem with the ability itself and more with how it's shining a spotlight on some of the shitty "leftovers" still stuck to some of the older champions that probably need to get updated to more unified programming and design standards.

i hear what youre saying that thematically, somethings dont make sense and i agree on that point

but yeah i dunno, the skill does say "projectiles" and its a question of whether people can understand ingame projectiles by how their skill looks vs "projectiles" by what it is they are shooting

also, i have NFI how diamond plays jungle eve so well. wtf

RIP EVE PATCH 3.14

im surprised CLG could even beat out TSM in terms of popularity
C9 looked kinda bad surprisingly. was it the loss of alex penn? or maybe its unfortunate for them that gambit had this massive power spike with edward

Yeah, I'm thinking Edward gave them a Shonen Moment. They saw him
dressed in Sona cosplay
and remembered what they were fighting for all along, gaining the passionate strength to defeat the arrogant American interlopers into their ancient and proud domain. Ganbatte, Gambit!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
1 2 3 4 5 6 items
C trinket

; or T character sheet. its not even important anyway
It's easy to remember C for character sheet. Sometimes it's a good way to check CDR and stuff. What is "Z" bound to? I wanted to like "T" for trinkets but I found myself accidentally hitting R.

Boken

Banned
i guess its cos i bound my trinkets in wow to C that this change is easy

i dont think Z is bound to anything.

yes, there have been a few accidental tibbers whenever i just wanted to clear wards.

I really feel like the Sivir nerfs were actually buffs. Similar to the Draven situation.
Because they are. I've done the maths on them. You lose out ~15% damage at Lv1, which gets smaller the more AD to get, to the point that you gain ~5% damage at full build.

It sounds small, but that's with the assumption you always double Q a single target. It doesn't really happen often after laning phase. It's an overall net buff because of the reduction of damage falloff to half. She's in a very strong spot right now as an AoE ADC. One person getting a Randuin or Frozen Heart doesn't really screw her.

She'll be FotM since she'll eventually be used in tourneys then people will cry again for nerfs. W is strong right now.

Bob White

As someone who just started this game this year, I'm so happy to see posts like this. Support in S3 was horrid. I thought something was wrong with me because I wasn't having fun. You're literally a useless whipping boy. Maybe it's because I've played support more than anything else but, having the role be fun trumps whatever the hell else it used to be.

Blizzard

Banned
Do people ever buy wards with the new vision system in normal/draft summoner's rift? In one for all mode, it is EXTREMELY rare to see anyone buy a green ward, even though everyone can have up to 3 on the map.

Boken

Banned
Z expands the chat.
thats pretty useful
more useful than character sheets

maybe we should use X then
Do people ever buy wards with the new vision system in normal/draft summoner's rift? In one for all mode, it is EXTREMELY rare to see anyone buy a green ward, even though everyone can have up to 3 on the map.
why are you trying to imply 1FA mode means anything

maybe in bronze people still dont buy wards
but thats still a net growth in vision cos they all get baby wards

Blizzard

Banned
thats pretty useful
more useful than character sheets

maybe we should use X then

I was just asking a question -- do you still see the same amount of ward purchasing in normal/draft Summoner's Rift games?

And your assumption is that people place the baby wards.

Boken

Banned
On the streams I've watched, people still buy wards.

I played some games on oce on my bad tier account and people were putting down baby wards but not buying extras

i think it just dpeends on whether you bought wards before 3.14

One-For-All is where cutting edge strategy happens, Boken. That's why it's played on Summoner's Rift!

From what I've seen, there's more vision in low-tier games and less vision in top-tier games. The mean games, as they're wont to do, have split the difference. You don't see the Bronze "blind map" games anymore, but you don't see the "every bush on the map warded plus a few along base walls and one or two for Baron and Dragon" games, either. Most games, you see one or two wards constantly up near lanes during lane phase, and a small cluster of surprisingly limited vision around the team's current objective in late game with most of the rest of the map going dark.

If I don't qualify straight into Gold, I'll probably start the season out using wall-jump junglers to abuse the Freelo from easy ganks enabled by people who think one ward = safety. There's a lot of it going around in the games I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom