• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the hyperbole on that video, I'm legit worried about Warwick in the preseason.

He's already annoying, that new smite might push him over the edge big time.

Warwick is getting reworked anyway. The hyperbole on that vid lies solely on his ult hitting several times. The last rework kit we saw didn't really have that aspect.

Be more worried about Yi.

His rework should be really far off considering he's not on the schedule. He really can't stay as is until then and some extra CD on his rank 1 ult won't be enough.

I don't know about learning top lane, but play Fiora if you want free wins. I don't even know what I'm doing and I'm murdering folk. Such a silly champion.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wow, wtf.

testing on pbe and i got executed but did not lose my buffs. that has to be a bug right, no way thats intended?

People really overstate how difficult Rumble is to play.
The micro stuff is pretty complex though. Managing Flamespitter ticks with movement so you don't push the lane while harassing while at the same time farming with his garbage auto attack and also managing his Heat, plus all other lane nuances.

Talents

Banned
This may be a dumb question but if you keep playing ranked in the preseason and keep winning, does it increase your MMR and help you get a better placement rank next season?

This may be a dumb question but if you keep playing ranked in the preseason and keep winning, does it increase your MMR and help you get a better placement rank next season?
Yes. The MMR you end with when the preseason ends is the one that will be used to calculate your post-reset MMR once S5 starts.

Blizzard

Banned
Rumble ult does different amounts of damage though. Especially if you smartcast it the wrong direction, it can tend to do very little damage (or lots of damage to unoccupied bushes depending on your perspective).

Blizzard

Banned
I'm being silly with the bush comment, but Rumble ult is a skillshot and a damage-over-time ability -- so if you screw up and cast it the wrong direction (like with Viktor's laser) then you can completely miss.

Or, you could touch someone with the ultimate only briefly, and thus not get many of the damage-over-time ticks.

Negaduck

Hey GAF, had an idea that I wanted to see if people at least in this thread might be okay or down with.

Wanted to try my hand along with GAF to just redraw or kinda VU taric. I can draw a bunch of concepts for face/armor/hammer and let GAF have a couple days to PM me the votes on what people like.

Would also help me level up my art game.

Would people be down for that?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

He's not wrong. You gotta use Rumble ult in the proper direction as to either punish or block the victim from sidestepping it.

I might start using him for my top lane game to replace the god donger.

Sofo

Played six games as jungler with some friends (one of them leveling up), mostly Jarvan but 1 with Fiddlesticks. I don't know how you main junglers do it, but I felt so inadequate. I wanted to help everyone and half the time I was walking and half-assing ganks and really not having much of an impact. I know people say "camp a lane" but can't just ignore other lanes! D;

I feel I need something like Vi, with a "press button to gank" ability or something.

Ugh, I suck. ._.

Hey GAF, had an idea that I wanted to see if people at least in this thread might be okay or down with.

Wanted to try my hand along with GAF to just redraw or kinda VU taric. I can draw a bunch of concepts for face/armor/hammer and let GAF have a couple days to PM me the votes on what people like.

Only if he's fabulous

Negaduck

Well my first reference was Jared leto.

If people have other ideas for people to use as reference that's also super helpful.

My idea as far as personality is more street fighter Vega where looking fly is key and not really flamboyant at all.

More metro than overtly flamboyant.

drawkcaB

Yep. I'm down. Not sure I'll vote diligently but I'd love to see more of your stuff.

Jeff-DSA

Played six games as jungler with some friends (one of them leveling up), mostly Jarvan but 1 with Fiddlesticks. I don't know how you main junglers do it, but I felt so inadequate. I wanted to help everyone and half the time I was walking and half-assing ganks and really not having much of an impact. I know people say "camp a lane" but can't just ignore other lanes! D;

I feel I need something like Vi, with a "press button to gank" ability or something.

Ugh, I suck. ._.

I'm starting to win matches from the jungle a lot more than I used to. The hard part is knowing when you just need to get your farm and when you really should help a lane out. If you're using someone like Jarvan or Amumu, a level 3 gank ins't a bad idea. Even if you don't secure the kill, you can probably get them to burn a summoner's spell or two and also force them out of the lane. That's a big win for your teammate already. Knowing that their flash is down, you can return gank them soon, and keep them in a cycle of always having to play passive.

At your first back, get a sweeper. Start denying vision and making them fear for your ganks. A jungler that puts psychological pressure on the other team is already helping out a lot. Pink wards and sweepers are your best friends.

But really, it comes down to helping fix the trouble spots on your team. It's important that you get your farm, so you can't sit in bushes all day waiting to gank, so just be smart about it. Abuse lanes that get pushed up too far, and then go farm again. Camping isn't the best strategy unless the lane is bad and they really need your help, but a lot of times it's a lost cause with those sorts of teammates.

Note: This is from a fairly inexperienced jungler playing at a low Gold elo. People make mistakes that the plat/diamond guys here don't see anymore, so my advice will vary from theirs.

Well my first reference was Jared leto.

If people have other ideas for people to use as reference that's also super helpful.

My idea as far as personality is more street fighter Vega where looking fly is key and not really flamboyant at all.

More metro than overtly flamboyant.
Fabio

Type2

I'm down, I actually have my own taric rework ideas to share.

Negaduck

I'm down, I actually have my own taric rework ideas to share.

Yeah i would just be doing visual stuff so if its abilities we could do that too. (don't you dare touch dazzle)

Tonight I'll work up some concepts starting with the face and maybe silhouettes.

brian!

im rdy for some
o-RESTORATION-570.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can't make Taric look any worse than he is.

I'll vote, even if I don't play this game.

drawkcaB

im rdy for some
o-RESTORATION-570.jpg

I'll never understand how that old lady with zero artistic background thought she could actually touch-up that fresco. The mental gymnastics and dissonance necessary to do that is mind boggling.

Thanks for pulling some strings Costy.

jerd

Fiora
Blade Waltz (R) base damage lowered to 125/255/385 from 160/330/500
Blade Waltz (R) successive strikes against same target damage increased to 40% from 25%

I'm sorry gaf :(

Actually idk, I didn't do the math. I assume its about the same damage 1v1 and just nerfs her skirmishing/teamfight

Morello on Mobility Creep

I think the biggest issue here is that we don't make mobile champions "pay" for mobility enough in their total power budget. Immobile mages are a good example of this fallout, as you mention.

When you have mobile champions that have the same or similar "raw" power output to a champion without mobility, it creates winners and losers really quickly. I agree here.

In this, I think mobile champions should be more tactically flexible (due to mobility) and have less raw power to compensate. I think, though, this will require more and nerfs and buffs. And will mostly be toning down the raw output of mobility champions (as you mentioned, Syndra and co are bullshit and remove gameplay decision-making due to power factors, so buffing immobile mages is not a good plan).

Preseason 2015 actually does help this in a strategy way in the meantime; jungle ganks, on average, are less frequent, giving less total pressure to immobile characters. This is some of what we saw with more traditional mage mids in Season 2 that we think will buff all these characters a little bit in the meantime.

I know nothing about mid lane, so what happens when there is less jungle pressure and a bunch of immobile mages vs stuff like Xerath (who I think is still pretty sleeper) who can just stand back and poke/farm from a mile away?

drawkcaB

I really need to get off my ass and finishing practicing some of my top lane picks (Gnar, Sion, Mao, maybe some Xin and Rengar) before the pre-season patch actually hits. Then it's off to the jungle.

Sofo

I'm starting to win matches from the jungle a lot more than I used to. The hard part is knowing when you just need to get your farm and when you really should help a lane out. If you're using someone like Jarvan or Amumu, a level 3 gank ins't a bad idea. Even if you don't secure the kill, you can probably get them to burn a summoner's spell or two and also force them out of the lane. That's a big win for your teammate already. Knowing that their flash is down, you can return gank them soon, and keep them in a cycle of always having to play passive.

At your first back, get a sweeper. Start denying vision and making them fear for your ganks. A jungler that puts psychological pressure on the other team is already helping out a lot. Pink wards and sweepers are your best friends.

But really, it comes down to helping fix the trouble spots on your team. It's important that you get your farm, so you can't sit in bushes all day waiting to gank, so just be smart about it. Abuse lanes that get pushed up too far, and then go farm again. Camping isn't the best strategy unless the lane is bad and they really need your help, but a lot of times it's a lost cause with those sorts of teammates.

Note: This is from a fairly inexperienced jungler playing at a low Gold elo. People make mistakes that the plat/diamond guys here don't see anymore, so my advice will vary from theirs.

To be honest my mechanics with Jarvan leave a lot to be desired (I am still not comfortable with his ranges) so I think I really would do much better with something simpler like Amumu. But still, even if our opponents were better than us (at one point we had someone from Master 1, and another match had a Diamond V Corki that wrecked us) I am fairly sure I didn't do enough.

Like, it's not that all lanes lost hard, it was usually bot lane losing most of the time, then mid would go down to help and would usually clean up (most of the time) but then we were bleeding everywhere. I need to look at the match histories now but I feel at one point I was trying to gank a Corki. All 3 of us bot vs him, so that made him 3-0. At one point when I came back he was 4-1 and my Corki was 1-something, then Corki proceeded to triple kill us, making this a 7-1... I mean I know it was my fault but I could just not ignore the lane right? I knew we couldn't take on him, what do I do in that situation? -_- idk, we got fucked over really hard because then he was too huge to ignore (he got a triple kill after that too... I wasn't there for it though). Then from that we lost Dragon (poor ward coverage too) and it went down from that. Like I put 11 wards, same as the support, in a 32'ish minute match. Like I know he's a friend of mine and he's learning but I can't just micromanage where should he put his wards. D:

Idk, fed Corki is really scary.

Also is it me or is it hard to make it as Jarvan if you're behind? Overall I feel junglers get punished so hard if their lanes lose.. Like, I just lose control of my jungle making me kinda powerless to make it from there, no?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why not just turn Syndra's R into a skillshot, and make all her Orbs converge at the clicked location. 3 from herself, and then whichever ones are left.

jerd

Why not just turn Syndra's R into a skillshot, and make all her Orbs converge at the clicked location. 3 from herself, and then whichever ones are left.

With her stun couldn't she just assassinate two people instead of one at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom