• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiora ult base damage is 35 damage lower at rank 1, 3 damage higher at rank 2 and 1 damage higher at rank 3 in a 1 v 1

however the bonus AD ratio to the same target is actually 0.72 or so higher now (312% now as opposed to 240% before)

you would need about 48 bonus AD for it to do the same damage. W will give you 15, another 15 or so from runes would give you 30. 7 from doran's blade will give you 37. At least 7 from runes or masteries will give you 44 bonus AD.

So basically it's pretty much even or a buff in 1v1 scenarios at rank 1 and is even better late game

Hrm.

My math must be wrong somewhere

To buy Kalista or not to buy Kalista, 'tis the question. I'm sitting on 8.2k IP and there's a few 6300 champs I still want to get like Zyra, but that new champ smell might be hard to resist. BUT then I remember Azir and the 7300 I wasted on that turd. Played him twice and haven't touched him since.

i mean if they wanted to nerf fiora of all champions, why'd they have to make it so overcomplicated?

just nerf base damage.

well it seems like they want to make her 1v1 the same or better but nerf her AoE damage in team fights, hence increasing the damage to the same target but lowering the overall base damage.

which is kind of a weird change to make imo

My math was almost right

it's actually a buff at every rank in a 1v1

I missed 40 base damage at rank 1

old 1 v 1: 320/660/1000 + 2.4 bonus AD

new 1 v 1: 325/663/1001 + 3.12 bonus AD

well it seems like they want to make her 1v1 the same or better but nerf her AoE damage in team fights, hence increasing the damage to the same target but lowering the overall base damage.

which is kind of a weird change to make imo
It makes no sense, I think.

Fiora's strength is hardly her random multi target damage.

wait...

what.
adcs dont buy chain vests

but sometimes they do because they're a top laner

teemo is a top laner, but he is also a marksman

teemo builds chain vest because he is a top laner

fiora cant beat teemo in a 1v1 because of the blind

blind as in lee sin

lee sin can kick people miles away

therefore fiora is lee sin is illuminati.

Jeff-DSA

I don't like the Fiora "nerf" to be honest. She sucks so much harder in the team fights now that she's going to have to split push to really help in the late game.

Nekofrog

Banned
Why not just turn Syndra's R into a skillshot, and make all her Orbs converge at the clicked location. 3 from herself, and then whichever ones are left.

probably the worst idea ever. now not only can she kill you in lane easily, but she can snipe people blindly

clemenx

Banned
Lol I actually created a Russian account for a quick starter bot match. As someone who hasn't seen many videos of the updated Rift, I'm in love. Soooo smooth.

Nekofrog

Banned
this champion has an ability that gives him free AD for his autos but as a compensation causes him to be locked into specific movements that can at times be predictable and allow for huge amounts on punishment? OP OP OP

Nekofrog

Banned
i think this game would be better if there was no gold. minions only granted xp and you only got xp by killing minions, no AOE crap

"but mr. frog, how would you buy items with no gold?" you may ask

well jr, sit down and let me explain it to you.

in order to buy items, you must get kills. for every one kill you get, you are allowed to buy one half of an item. one full item consists of two recipe components now, you must have 2 kills to buy a BORK for example.

this is my idea for SR rito pls hire me because i think lol should be the most snowbally team deathmtach game in existence.

Nekofrog

Banned
well no because when one nexus reaches half HP and is close to dying a minigame for the other team will popup where they have to hit QTEs as a team

if they do it they win the game instead

bokn

Banned
err.

40 damage to players is 40-25=15 stacks.

feral also had 12 AD, Skirmisher's w/ devourer has 0.

even worse!
u had to get 30 stax on wriggles n then you had to get 15 more stacks to do 40 damage to players for a total of 45 stacks.
plus you get 2x the stacks with player kill/assist

all for only 400 more gold

dis is cool:
http://imgur.com/a/Brlar

example of alliance at WC2014:
pPsMMoJ.jpg

bidguy

Banned
why am i playing against gold and plat in normals and why are they always on the enemy team ? seriously we have 1 silver and 4 unranked

they get 1 plat 1 gold 1 silver and 2 unranked

as always the plat player carried them to victory

No one's ever happy!

welcome to balancing :p

Syndra's ult has tradeoffs and benefits to it being targeted. It's guaranteed and does a lot of damage, but it has short range to compensate for it. Syndra has to operate much further within her usual range of operation to use it, therefore putting herself in danger because she's pretty much defenseless.

If it was a skill shot, it would have to have upsides to compensate for its lack of reliability, e.g. longer range or higher damage.

If you make it unreliable and dangerous for her to use then what's the point? there are too many weaknesses to the skill.

Syndra's a champion that's already 75% skillshots and plays pretty different to other mages, She's super vulnerable but has upsides to her kit to make up for it and she scales really well with player skill.

She's a really well designed champion all around, imo. even if her passive is a little bland.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not really seeing the danger in playing Syndra. She is an exceptionally safe pick. The ultimate serves as a finisher, but before that point Syndra has excellent poke potential. When it's being used appropriately how much risk are you really exposed to? Making the ultimate a skill shot wouldn't really alter much when Syndra's basic combo is a stun into the ultimate.

Negaduck

Make syndra have a cast animation or stop for a second while she casts her Q. She doesn't have any mobility abilities but still doesn't have to lose any movement momentum while casting her spells which other mages don't have

Newt

Make syndra have a cast animation or stop for a second while she casts her Q. She doesn't have any mobility abilities but still doesn't have to lose any movement momentum while casting her spells which other mages don't have
Nah, that makes her interesting. Just reduce the range or width of her stun, and that should be good enough.

Like she's overpowered, but nowhere near the level of like Rammus or Lucian.

Anyways, Fiora changes are gonna hurt her. Her strength currently is just the massive AOE damage she outputs. That's what separates her from other assassins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom