• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
People are talking about balancing Syndra, but are we really addressing the most important changes needed in League?

My campaign: "Master" and "Challenger" tiers should be swapped. If you've MASTER'D the game then you should be the best, like no one ever was.

And then the people at the top could say "I am the Master, and you are merely a Challenger, because you are aspiring to overthrow me and become a Master yourself!" It would make too much sense.

Blizzard

Banned
The little dragon flying behind the cliffs at the very top of the map is neat.

Champion animations seemed randomly stuttery for me, like they're running at 30 fps, even thoug the ingame fps and Fraps both say 60.

I had some crazy FPS lag in the game we played on the new SR.

I always set graphics settings to low, so it wasn't that. Maybe it was unrelated.

I like the new map otherwise though. It's much clearer than the old one.

Blizzard

Banned
Umm. Where are all the midlaners? Been waiting like 4 mins for a mid in teambuilder right now
I went team builder mid laner and the queue was short, so I guess you're right.

I had some crazy FPS lag in the game we played on the new SR.

I always set graphics settings to low, so it wasn't that. Maybe it was unrelated.

I like the new map otherwise though. It's much clearer than the old one.
Fraps and the ingame FPS display seem to stay at 60 or 62 fps for me, but even when I wasn't holding space, I would sometimes get this weird 30 fps style stutter. Like, when I would move the camera, or see the top vista in the distance after not looking at it for a while. Hopefully it's just a performance thing they can address.

The jungle buffs look all weird. I feel bad killing little furry blobby monsters.

I'm liking the new map since it's made the frame rate a consistent 55 on my toaster.

For some reason all the supports seem to keep getting funneled into a couple games. I got put into a couple different teams with supports already in them, or they accepted a support after me. And it was always Sona, Soraka and stuff like that. If it was with a Thresh maybe I'd do it, but I'm not doing a Nami/Sona lane. We'd get harassed to all hell.

Blizzard

Banned
Schmattakopf said they had really bad lag on the new map, and someone else in a premade complained all game that they had horrible lag any time there was a fight. Someone else said they had screen tearing.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
This new map has some terrible screen tearing and weird minimap lag, maybe I should have fiddled with my settings but oh well.

344EsJG.png
Well that was a fun game in the new rift. It would have gone better if we won but the enemy was too good. The enemy cassio beat my friend's ahri, who's better than me in every way. I dont know if the cassio was lcs or not but shes the best cassio in NA. Im liking the new map so far, especially the health number on giant monsters as they're easier to smite and the feel of the map being bigger.

Game statistics: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1629558503/215051396

Blizzard

Banned
I finally found the first successful Irelia I can remember seeing in the last 2+ months. Unfortunately it was on the other team. :( They fought a Nasus, teleported to beat the rest of us, and slaughtered everyone. It seems she is strong if she can get triforce, but if not she may be weak.

Hey gaf I'm thinking about upgrading my laptop. (Desktop is just not an option for me).

I think I'll buy this laptop with this SDD. Around 1,100 usd. I think it is worth it, any thoughts?

Newt

So, played my second game of the new rift, this time setting my graphics to medium. The map looks really nice, especially when you're lacerating some shitty Lucian. Oh yeah, the Janna was good too (even though she built ardent cencor). The Baron area looks super good. They really did do a good job, though low settings looks even worse than the default rift.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hey gaf I'm thinking about upgrading my laptop. (Desktop is just not an option for me).

I think I'll buy this laptop with this SDD. Around 1,100 usd. I think it is worth it, any thoughts?

For the price it's not bad. This could handle league with no problem and probably some newer gen games on high.

I understand a desktop isn't an option but for others, take it from someone who has made this mistake twice. Never, ever, buy a gaming laptop if a desktop is a viable option. They are waaaay overpriced and begin to have a myriad of problems (ranging from internal heat problems to external build failing apart) after a couple years.

Newt

For the price it's not bad. This could handle league with no problem and probably some newer gen games on high.

I understand a desktop isn't an option but for others, take it from someone who has made this mistake twice. Never, ever, buy a gaming laptop if a desktop is a viable option. They are waaaay overpriced and begin to have a myriad of problems (ranging from internal heat problems to external build failing apart) after a couple years.
Also around 1/2-3/4 of the price of a gaming laptop.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Also around 1/2-3/4 of the price of a gaming laptop.

You can also increment upgrades whereas on most gaming laptops lately the graphics card is welded on and the RAM being interchangeable is 50/50.

I hope Newt-senpai doesn't mind me borrowing his waifu.

ObmojTm.png

I recommended the same laptop to a friend. Definitely a great gaming laptop for its price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom