• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Make sure you throw it through them and not at them. It can come up short.

That's what I've been doing but when the distance between u and the enemy is really small like you're chasing them and you don't want to move te camera too far off f you, it'll whiff because it ravel a short distance :/

Jeff-DSA

First dragon is so important. If your top laner is incompetent and doesn't roam for it, the game becomes so much more difficult. Lost two games in ranked yesterday because of it.

We're probably never going to see lane swapping again either.

When I play top now, I'll use my first TP as a quick back after buying, but I hold onto it after that for dragon. It pissed me off last night when our top laner didn't use his TP to join us for dragon and we won the fight but got dragon stolen in a 4v5 (their top laner came down).

I wonder if anybody will go without TP in the top lane now that dragon basically decides games.

Bacon

Do you guys think the dragon will go as is into the season? I could see them switching around the buff order, such as putting the movement speed buff as the first buff or something like that.

Jeff-DSA

Do you guys think the dragon will go as is into the season? I could see them switching around the buff order, such as putting the movement speed buff as the first buff or something like that.

Hmm, maybe. Even at that, movement speed that early is a pretty big buff for laning and positioning. All of the buffs are pretty strong. Maybe the first one should be gold and experience and then the buffs start at second dragon taken.

garath

When I play top now, I'll use my first TP as a quick back after buying, but I hold onto it after that for dragon. It pissed me off last night when our top laner didn't use his TP to join us for dragon and we won the fight but got dragon stolen in a 4v5 (their top laner came down).

I wonder if anybody will go without TP in the top lane now that dragon basically decides games.

I played top lane yesterday with TP and it frustrated the hell out of me that my team never positioned for dragons. I asked them about 100x to ward dragon and get in position for dragon fights and never did. The first dragon of the game was lost because Mundo got to teleport to the fight and no one dropped a ward for me to TP to. By the time I would have TP'd to the nearest minion the fight would be over. I got the top tower but that was an important objective to lose for no reason. Malphite offers a LOT more to a teamfight than mundo that early.. Sigh.

Jeff-DSA

I played top lane yesterday with TP and it frustrated the hell out of me that my team never positioned for dragons. I asked them about 100x to ward dragon and get in position for dragon fights and never did. The first dragon of the game was lost because Mundo got to teleport to the fight and no one dropped a ward for me to TP to. By the time I would have TP'd to the nearest minion the fight would be over. I got the top tower but that was an important objective to lose for no reason. Malphite offers a LOT more to a teamfight than mundo that early.. Sigh.

This drives me crazy. Seriously, I hate nothing more than the whole team there and they can't get a ward down. I feel you, man.

Edwardo

I rarely use TP when I'm top anymore. It definitely has its benefits, but most of the time your team isn't going to know what to do. Using ignite and getting ahead on your own has been much more effective for me.

Warwick with the new purple jungle item and some other move speed/attack speed items is so ridiculously strong. I was destroying people last night.

Still lost cause I'm bronze and my support teammates always build carry items and don't buy wards.

garath

I rarely use TP when I'm top anymore. It definitely has its benefits, but most of the time your team isn't going to know what to do. Using ignite and getting ahead on your own has been much more effective for me.

I so rarely play top but I think I agree with this. Despite being malphite, if I had taken ignite instead of TP I could have killed mundo at least 3x over the course of the laning phase which would have been far more valuable than what I was able to do with TP.

TP in gold seems to be pretty miss or miss.

Bacon

Yeah taking tp on anything other than nasus means actually having to rely on your teammates which is not something I'm comfortable with in silver.

Fuzzery

The jungle items are waaay too strong ATM.

Decrease jungle spawn timers a bit, make the items scale or give conservation again

Negaduck

And now you're 1200 behind in gold because you were buying something to deal with a single ability as opposed to getting more damage. Warwick starts being
a problem the moment he hits 6, if you get a QSS at that point then the enemy laners will fuck you up unless you're someone that can get away with it like Zed or Lucian

Suppression is nothing but a hard to counter stun that makes Warwick and Malz really hard to balance. It adds nothing to the game.

This logic is flawed though. Let's say you buy qss and are behind a little in gold.

Lets say you don't and get ganked by ww and end up dying. Depending on how long you are dead or how many towers you may lose or even get camped and ganked several times you will lose way more than 1200g not to mention the experience you miss being out of lane.

Sounds a lot better to be behind a bit of gold and live.

Dead men deal no dps.

We're probably never going to see lane swapping again either.
Primarily because of dragon or are there other pre-season dynamics at play? Otherwise I could see 2 vs 1's possibly happening in mid lane for the increased map control that'd allow.

They seem to be pretty keen on this one, after all the changes it went through on PBE. Instead I'd like to see Riot re-implement some of the extra attack patterns it had originally if they want to rebalance the risk-reward by making it more difficult; right now it only had the pushback for melees if it starts flying, its AoE auto-attack and... that's it. Give it something that goes through damage-soaking abilities like Pantheon's passive, something else to combat solo sustain antics and call it a day.

The jungle items are waaay too strong ATM.

Decrease jungle spawn timers a bit, make the items scale or give conservation again
Would prefer it if they just removed one of the purple item's benefits since it's overloaded on utility, rebalanced the counter-jungle item since it's garbage right now and toned down the one with the conditional on-hit true damage a little.

Blizzard

Banned
I absolutely love this fast-paced champ release schedule. Keep it up, Riot.
Were you playing a year or so ago? It used to happen all the time, which meant that combined with the high prices and slow IP gain rate (like less than 4000 IP in two weeks), you could not easily keep up. Presumbaly the idea is to slow down adoption and/or encourage people to pay real money for the unlocks.

This logic is flawed though. Let's say you buy qss and are behind a little in gold.

Lets say you don't and get ganked by ww and end up dying. Depending on how long you are dead or how many towers you may lose or even get camped and ganked several times you will lose way more than 1200g not to mention the experience you miss being out of lane.

Sounds a lot better to be behind a bit of gold and live.

Dead men deal no dps.
It's not a "little" behind in gold, having to get QSS by level 6 basically means giving up a BF sword unless you're super fed, and then WW doesn't even have to gank because the enemy ADC wtih 150 AD will be enough to deal with you. If WW doesn't gank you're spending 1200 gold on basically nothing.

drawkcaB

For the love of God if the new champion who moves under the earth to chase down and ambush enemies isn't a fucking jungler there'll be hell to pay.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Were you playing a year or so ago? It used to happen all the time, which meant that combined with the high prices and slow IP gain rate (like less than 4000 IP in two weeks), you could not easily keep up. Presumbaly the idea is to slow down adoption and/or encourage people to pay real money for the unlocks.

I started around the time Lucian was released. It was still fairly fast paced then, but I'm digging the quick releases now. I do agree that the higher cost is lame, but I guess I understand.

Negaduck

It's not a "little" behind in gold, having to get QSS by level 6 basically means giving up a BF sword unless you're super fed, and then WW doesn't even have to gank because the enemy ADC wtih 150 AD will be enough to deal with you. If WW doesn't gank you're spending 1200 gold on basically nothing.

Now we are just getting into theory crafting which is just if's and possible scenarios.

If the ww doesn't gank your lane at least once then he's just bad or you are bad and aren't a threat and are losing your lane.

Let's say he ganks you just once. That's a ton of xp and gold to miss.

Not to mention in team fights if you get ulted first or anytime at all.

I'll end it saying I personally like qss against suppression.

Before suppression ww was literally useless with his ult when people ran flash/boost.

I agree, but it's nice when at least once person has TP (and convention is that when the top laner doesn't take it, no one does nahmean)

SeigO

Banned
So I'm dropping out of RMU & the varsity E-sports program this week. I feel very scammed, I'll link my reddit post that I'm drafting up if anyone cares to hear the hilarious details.

So I'm dropping out of RMU & the varsity E-sports program this week. I feel very scammed, I'll link my reddit post that I'm drafting up if anyone cares to hear the hilarious details.

wow, really? I was only thinking the other day and wondering how it was going. yeah, I'd love to read that. Sorry to hear Seig.

Bacon

Very interested to hear this! Sorry about the bad experience, though.

Negaduck

Try out exhaust against some match ups that go all in (gnar/jayce/nasus/riven). Its sooooo good.

;)

SeigO

Banned
Haha I'm going to my last practice tonight then I'm headed home tomorrow. I'm going to wait to post it until after I don't have to see anyone from the staff again. There are 3 or 4 other people dropping out at the same time as me additionally.

Thanks for the interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom