• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wonder if the new champ will continue the trend of high skill cap, mechanically intensive champs.

i hope not, i love azir but i feel that he's very much complicated for the sake of it

he's inelegant i think and probably kalista as well

they need champions that have a lot of playmaking versatility without going into "complexity creep".

i think it's important cos while yasuo, azir, kalista, thresh, gnar and lucy are all super interesting champions they're also loaded with passives and special case interactions and super unique stuff that makes them hard to balance but also almost universally hated

i think jinx was the last mechanically interesting champion that to me feels like a solid generally healthy (probably arguable but ok) design. i also think braum was also a pretty good mix of unique stuff (not as unique since yasuo but at least braum's wall is mobile) but accessible and relatively simple.

it's complicated, i don't want rito to stop making interesting champions but you can really tell raising the bar all the time with champions like thresh and lucy brought with it a lot of issues

it's pretty surprising it took this long to poach him

like i think richard lewis said his contract was like 15k?

Einbroch

Banned
I would argue that all champions should be Yasuo/Kalista/Azirs from now on, but that would require a rework of almost all champions, so I understand why they wouldn't do that.

Boring champions are boring. They need to be fun to play, which a lot of those complicated champions are.

zkylon

zkylewd
you don't have to be azir complex to be fun

i love lux and she's super simple

edit: i think ahri's a good example of a champion that can do a whole lot of fun stuff but it's mostly gated in a smart way and doesn't need 2 different scaling passives and unique mechanics and tech or anything.

i think league needs more ahris, not more azirs

Einbroch

Banned
I find champions like Lux really boring.

I think a well realized Mage is Vel'Koz. He has multiple combos, strengths and weaknesses, and is somewhat unique with his passive.

Edit: Yes, I agree with Ahri as well.

Blizzard

Banned
I got Azir in ARAM a day or two ago, and with high CDR I felt like I was playing Starcraft or something. I can't handle it well. ;_;

Now we are just getting into theory crafting which is just if's and possible scenarios.

If the ww doesn't gank your lane at least once then he's just bad or you are bad and aren't a threat and are losing your lane.

Let's say he ganks you just once. That's a ton of xp and gold to miss.

Not to mention in team fights if you get ulted first or anytime at all.

I'll end it saying I personally like qss against suppression.

Before suppression ww was literally useless with his ult when people ran flash/boost.
It's not a matter of what if scenarios. You have to buy QSS so Warwick can't kill you on his own the moment he hits 6. That does not save you from Warwick ganks, it just means that WW won't kill you by himself, you still have to deal with an ADC that spent his gold on damage and a support. Having to grab a QSS within 10 minutes of the game is a death sentence on its own, because if you do that then you're no longer relevant unless you're Lucian. If you're not stupid fed, being forced to grab a QSS or die just means that their bot lane can crush you on their own, he can go gank somewhere else. Also that's just you, the ADC, if he sees you have QSS all he has to do is ult the support instead and fuck your lane just as badly. Yes QSS is good for when teamfights start but thats not the point here, if you're having to buy QSS before laning is even over you are beyond fucked, ADCs are 100% shackled to their offensive itemization for better or for worse, you don't have the leeway to get defensive items that soon, you're essentially giving up your lane, this is just how bot lane works.

Also Warwick being useless without suppression just means he needs a new kit. LeBlanc is garbage without the Silence, doesn't mean that she should have kept it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I find champions like Lux really boring.

I think a well realized Mage is Vel'Koz. He has multiple combos, strengths and weaknesses, and is somewhat unique with his passive.

Edit: Yes, I agree with Ahri as well.
i'm not a velkoz player so can't say much about him. i like the idea of his passive but from what little i played him he seemed more trouble than he was worth (so his complexity didn't feel like it had good enough of a payoff), but i have very little experience with him

ahri has issues as well being an assassin with very reliable long range cc and easy waveclear, but i think she's for the most part pretty ok.

i'm usually interested in thinking about the champions most people love, which is why ahri and jinx come to mind. like thresh and lee sin and yasuo and lucy all have a ton of people that love them but just as many that hate them, and they all gotten a ridiculous amount of nerfs to the point one can think that it's just a kit thing, and i think it's just way too hard to properly balance and make healthy champions with kits that overloaded

also lux is not boring you jester :I

I got Azir in ARAM a day or two ago, and with high CDR I felt like I was playing Starcraft or something. I can't handle it well. ;_;
i transitioned pretty well since he plays a bit like ori :>

i mostly have problems using his ult as a damage source cos the hitbox feels so wonky and his tower passive is kind of hit or miss for me

How are you guys not talking about this? o_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcB-FreSnG8

(New champion I take it!)
we already did the kassadin's daughter thing so i dunno what else is there to talk about :p

glad we're finally getting our monster female

I'm tired of having virtually everything about this game ruined by Reddit.
i don't feel the same way but yea reddit's pretty crap except for hunting for fanart

Negaduck

Seems we will agree to disagree.

From my experience qss is always good to get no matter the role and has helped me fighting ww.

And ww without suppression was useless. So they added suppression to the game.

This is before your time of course when chain frost (frisby golf) was ryze's ultimate.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im betting its a jungler. so it'll probably be a top laner.

wouldnt it be cool if there was a champion who had an ability that made them invisible on the minimap? that way you'd need pings to track it, just like the guy ringing the bell in the video.

iosefe

wouldnt it be cool if there was a champion who had an ability that made them invisible on the minimap? that way you'd need pings to track it, just like the guy ringing the bell in the video.

the leak that was discussed on the previous page said Jungler. then again "things can change"

You mean Feral junglers? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sofo

Or an ability like Poppy, where your ult targets someone and ONLY that person can see where you are while it lasts.

It'd be super broken or super useless but it'd be fun nonetheless.

female void monster? YES! the waifu army has been lacking in its eldritch abominations lately.

Oh, it's a "she"? o.o

we already did the kassadin's daughter thing so i dunno what else is there to talk about :p

glad we're finally getting our monster female

Boh! I missed the fact that you had already linked the video, I feel like a shitter!

iosefe

Or an ability like Poppy, where your ult targets someone and ONLY that person can see where you are while it lasts.

It'd be super broken or super useless but it'd be fun nonetheless.

thats actually a great idea. pings because necessary.

or pink wards?

You mean Feral junglers? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tumblr_mbqywnTvip1rd1qi0o1_400.gif

New champ better have an ability that allows her to build destructible tunnels that transport herself and her allies to anywhere on the map. Like the Tyrannids in Dawn of War II.

Nekofrog

Banned
And now you're 1200 behind in gold because you were buying something to deal with a single ability as opposed to getting more damage. Warwick starts being
a problem the moment he hits 6, if you get a QSS at that point then the enemy laners will fuck you up unless you're someone that can get away with it like Zed or Lucian

Suppression is nothing but a hard to counter stun that makes Warwick and Malz really hard to balance. It adds nothing to the game.

oh come on. do you realize the huge buff that they gave QSS by making it cheaper? i was in a game yesterday where a vayne bought QSS after her BORK and yeah she wasn't doing as much damage, but she also wasn't dying and being a liability either.

Blizzard

Banned
I just tried Warwick for the first time since the 4.20 rollout. Sure it was team builder, but I hardly consider myself a great jungler or whatever, and I still went 14/1/6 and won. Not most champion damage or whatever, but I think I had the most gold.

So I guess I have to agree that yes, Warwick is a bit strong at the moment.

QSS works on suppress now?

Haven't been playing much since the new patch but is there a new agreed-upon jungle route? When do you get the river jungle creeps?

cwmartin

Feeling pretty lost in the new jungle, :/. Is there a easy to follow guide or anything out there?

I read about starting krugs/gromp before doing blue/red? Does this make sense on Xin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom