• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they go down so easily now. I think it's part of their attempts to stop turtle/waveclear comps but it's like shooting holes in paper. All you need is 3 champs and a pushed lane and there's nothing the other team can do to save it.

do they hit you for less?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Im starting to think the towers might be bugged to be weaker. I had an issue once where my team got aced in a team fight and only the enemy mid and jungler survived. They manage to take down all of mid's turret in one minion wave. They would have taken the inhibitor if we hadn't respawned. I know riot knows this too:
vzYjHBE.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Wait why is WW broken right now?
Anything that can counter Katarina ult (and there are a lot of them) can disrupt Warwick ult. However, Warwick ult will stop one person from being able to disrupt it while they're suppressed. So every 1.5 minutes or so, Warwick can take one person out of a fight, and the only thing that can stop that is QSS. Warwick also heals while doing this.

This alone might not be too bad, but the same ult also does on-hit damage, so it triggers one of the most powerful of the new jungle items, with like 6 times the on-hit damage. So if you're devouring jungle monsters to get a bunch of stacks (old feral flare style), your ult damage now uses that boosted on-hit, multiplied. In addition you can smite the enemy champion first and if I recall correctly they will take boosted damage, so it's even MORE ult damage.

If the strong ult with boosted damage weren't strong enough, I think Warwick can also farm and heal pretty well in the new jungle, so doesn't have much problem controlling the dragon, and getting lots of stacks, and staying healthy so he can fight anyone who comes in to mess with him, etc. If anyone gets low and tries to run away, Warwick can run fast to chase because of his super scent powers.

The combination of a bunch of factors like this is pretty strong.

Alright, Twitch can still survive in the jungle. I just have to kite some camps. I can position at red in such a way that the red monster will just keep walking in circles without resetting, so I take 0 damage.

Sofo

Anyone uses lolReplays now? It's giving me an issue where it says I am disconnected and to check my internet, when trying to watch a replay of my own.

?_?

Pd. Completely disagree with the change of Blood Moon Elise. On spider form it looks ok, but on Elise, it looks like they just upped the saturation and it just doesn't look natural imo. The fucsia was much better looking. Does Blood Moon have to equate to red though? I thought it was more like a clan name kinda thing.

Jeff-DSA

Tried Warwick for the first time. Absolutely took a dump on the other team and especially on their Udyr. Man, Warwick is going to get a major nerf, I'm sure. I should not be able to step into a champion and wreck like that, especially given that it was my first time in the new jungle.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone uses lolReplays now? It's giving me an issue where it says I am disconnected and to check my internet, when trying to watch a replay of my own.

?_?

Pd. Completely disagree with the change of Blood Moon Elise. On spider form it looks ok, but on Elise, it looks like they just upped the saturation and it just doesn't look natural imo. The fucsia was much better looking. Does Blood Moon have to equate to red though? I thought it was more like a clan name kinda thing.

i use this program called op.gg recorder

you basically open it (only annoying thing is having to manually turn it on) and it goes to op.gg and tells it to record the game you're playing

much better than any other replays program since op.gg has always worked great for me with very little hassle

CRS

The Poro mode is a lot of fun. There being a ban phase makes it a little more tolerable but the Poro mechanic is a lot of fun. You can dash is with your Poro, and if the King is up, you can go back to the King if he's in a safer position. Assassins are OP again though like almost every custom mode Riot puts out.

Burt

Tried Warwick for the first time. Absolutely took a dump on the other team and especially on their Udyr. Man, Warwick is going to get a major nerf, I'm sure. I should not be able to step into a champion and wreck like that, especially given that it was my first time in the new jungle.

I hope they put a 5 minute cooldown on his ult.

lol what am i saying im a new convert to the church of yi i should stop using caps and punctuation from now on i guess yi yi yi yi yi

In my recent post-game lobby, I had an enemy Pantheon lecture me for 4 min about how I didn't win....even though my team aced them and took their nexus out.

They had our nexus open, and he even said "GG no re" in all chat right before we all spawned and punctuated them.

tumblr_mx3c15yAKI1sq3cpoo1_500.gif

Every jungler I've had tonight has been complete trash.

Lots of teammates I had last night were awfully frustrating. :'( I was jungling Twitch.

Game #1: Mentioned last night. Every single lane was losing without help from the enemy jungler. Like, 0/10 in the first 10 minutes. Constant ping for ganks. Can't gank because they're all shoving. I muted everyone because I know it'll end up being my fault. I think I ended 2/2/3 while everyone else was 0/10 (not joking).

Game #2: No leash. Went for Lv2 gank at top but died because my Morde just stared right in front of us. "why didn't you ping?". I already pinged "on the way", and on the enemy while I was 1v1ing the enemy Yasuo with Ignite. Got really annoyed so I told them I've been set back way too much due to lack of coordination so I'll farm for a while. Ignored top and mid and went bot instead. Won.

Sofo

i use this program called op.gg recorder

you basically open it (only annoying thing is having to manually turn it on) and it goes to op.gg and tells it to record the game you're playing

much better than any other replays program since op.gg has always worked great for me with very little hassle

Thanks Zky! Can I use it on older replays though? I was trying to use lolreplay to be able to back up an argument with facts.

Lots of teammates I had last night were awfully frustrating. :'( I was jungling Twitch.

Game #1: Mentioned last night. Every single lane was losing without help from the enemy jungler. Like, 0/10 in the first 10 minutes. Constant ping for ganks. Can't gank because they're all shoving. I muted everyone because I know it'll end up being my fault. I think I ended 2/2/3 while everyone else was 0/10 (not joking).

Game #2: No leash. Went for Lv2 gank at top but died because my Morde just stared right in front of us. "why didn't you ping?". I already pinged "on the way", and on the enemy while I was 1v1ing the enemy Yasuo with Ignite. Got really annoyed so I told them I've been set back way too much due to lack of coordination so I'll farm for a while. Ignored top and mid and went bot instead. Won.

I think both of these things are what makes me like jungle the least. People lose lane on their own and while a gank can turn that around, it is not your fault in any way to begin with. Had a Nasus makek almost a paragraph in all caps asking for a gank. I did not play well at all that game but c'mon.

Being a jungler seems like being in an abusive relationship where sometimes your partner brings you a cake but 99% of the times he beating you with it, while he lets robbers come into your house and take your shit, as well as taking your money to buy their own drugs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks Zky! Can I use it on older replays though? I was trying to use lolreplay to be able to back up an argument with facts.
sadly no :/

you can try with baron replays or lsi but i never had any luck playing old replays

rito should fucking implement replays already

how long it's been? 2 years?

it's crazy how inefficient some things are done there

reminds me of valve

Sofo

you can try with baron replays or lsi but i never had any luck playing old replays

reminds me of valve

ugh. And yeah I agree, idk how hard can it be? ._.

zkylon

zkylewd
ugh. And yeah I agree, idk how hard can it be? ._.

well it's pretty hard actually

like you have to remember that league replays aren't videos. they're basically "recorded" spectator mode gameplay, with like zoomable camera and like champion stats and fog of war and all that fun stuff. and all of that has to work over dozens of different patches. say you're watching a 6 months old replay and like sion didn't have his rework yet. how does that work? does the game come bundled with like every model no matter how old or does it use the new one in a funky way? or should it like sync up with a server and temporarily get the relevant assets off a server to display them on the replay and then delete them? it's complicated

also when everything you do has to work for like a bazillion people it's pretty difficult to test and crap

but you know, it should be doable and should've been done a long time ago

Blizzard

Banned

like you have to remember that league replays aren't videos. they're basically "recorded" spectator mode gameplay, with like zoomable camera and like champion stats and fog of war and all that fun stuff. and all of that has to work over dozens of different patches. say you're watching a 6 months old replay and like sion didn't have his rework yet. how does that work? does the game come bundled with like every model no matter how old or does it use the new one in a funky way? or should it like sync up with a server and temporarily get the relevant assets off a server to display them on the replay and then delete them? it's complicated

also when everything you do has to work for like a bazillion people it's pretty difficult to test and crap

League already has problems sometimes. I guess what people are saying is, it already used to work to some extent or another, and many people might have been happy to even have the half-implemented fan version working. Even if it broke on the next patch. It was better than nothing! People already used it.

Sofo

Damn Zky, why you bringing common sense here. What do I do with all these pitchforks now?

⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈⎯⎯∈

i'm going to pretend that's your O face because howling abyss is great
"Great" only on a visual level.

They've had replays working a long time ago on PBE without it being a buggy mess, then they silently removed it and never spoke of it again. The patcher before the one we have right now also supposedly was going to help cut down a lot of development time for that feature, yet here we are.

Not sure why Riot hasn't spoken out about the matter, it's only a feature people have been requesting for years.

Edwardo

Tried jungling last night as rengar. I think my favorite part was when we went to do drag when I had 1/4 hp and it just 1 shot me.

"Great" only on a visual level.

They've had replays working a long time ago on PBE without it being a buggy mess, then they silently removed it and never spoke of it again. The patcher before the one we have right now also supposedly was going to help cut down a lot of development time for that feature, yet here we are.

Not sure why Riot hasn't spoken out about the matter, it's only a feature people have been requesting for years.

they've stated a ridiculous amount of times already that they want to make sure server infrastructure is fully sorted everywhere before they implement the feature as it would add even more stress to the servers. They're still not all that long after the Amsterdam migration in EU, and the NA migration is still to come.

I don't know how people keep forgetting this.

When 1% of the whole human population plays this bloody game you don't just turn on a network feature without risking something blowing up.

they've stated a ridiculous amount of times already that they want to make sure server infrastructure is fully sorted everywhere before they implement the feature as it would add even more stress to the servers. They're still not all that long after the Amsterdam migration in EU, and the NA migration is still to come.

I don't know how people keep forgetting this.
I did not "forget" their previous statements. It shouldn't be taking three - four fuckin' years of "stabilizing" for a company their size. They've already made huge advancements over time regarding server stability and client upgrades, but they still quietly swept a functional feature under the rug with hardly any replies / status updates since. They're not even testing it on PBE anymore for at least half a year now, even though they still had some work cut out for them fixing bugs. I'm not saying they should've thrown it out in the wild by now for obvious reasons, but any kind of clarity to let us know where it's at would be appreciated.

bidguy

Banned

reminds me of valve

cant you just request a record on op.gg ?

I did not "forget" their previous statements. It shouldn't be taking three - four fuckin' years of "stabilizing" for a company their size. They've already made huge advancements over time regarding server stability and client upgrades, but they still quietly swept a functional feature under the rug with hardly any replies / status updates since. They're not even testing it on PBE anymore for at least half a year now, even though they still had some work cut out for them fixing bugs. I'm not saying they should've thrown it out in the wild by now for obvious reasons, but any kind of clarity to let us know where it's at would be appreciated.
rito all he wants is communication

Tizoc

How's Shen atm? Thinking of trying him out, but would need some tips on how to properly use his abilities? AP Build sounds so trollingly tempting but I'd stick to Tank build.

Edwardo

I feel like it should be expected that every game you go into for a little while is going to have a jungler that doesn't know what they're doing.

Nev

Banned
Elise looks so much better in red. She looks more like Blood Moon now and less like Order of the Lotus Elise. Stop crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom