• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

I'm sure you've all already seen this but a rito dev posted this on reddit:

"I've been playing this beast in internal playtests for nearly half a year now and I can't fucking wait for her to go live. EVERYTHING about being underground feels amazing--the sounds she makes, your restricted vision, the "snipe the tremor sense with your Q to find out who it is" game, EVERYTHING.

And maybe some day I'll discover how to keep more than 2 tunnels alive in the late game. Let's see how you guys do on that front!"

And this

"Right now tunnels last 10 minutes. You can destroy them by standing on them as the enemy. You even get some gold."

Blizzard

Banned
Rek'sai may be strong, but fortunately the website mentions counters. Everyone's favorite ADC, Kalista, can save us along with the glorious return of everyone's favorite jungler, Lee Sin!

Sofo

Rek'sai may be strong, but fortunately the website mentions counters. Everyone's favorite ADC, Kalista, can save us along with the glorious return of everyone's favorite jungler, Lee Sin!

Yay Kalista and Lee Sin! I haven't seen those in so lo-
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png

No but, I forgot to mention how hilarious it is with new champions. Had this person claim to be "main Kalista" the other day. Sure buddy! You are a pretty and unique snowflake!

Leezard

I read the description of that ult and thought it didn't sound interesting at all. Then I actually opened up the video:

digdugpujay.gif

That is all sorts of amazing. Not sure how I feel about how tunnels are implemented though.

I had exactly the same experience with her ult. There is no need for teleport here, I guess.

Kalista is way more interesting. She just needs a little bit of finesse to play her.

I think she has an interesting passive and ult, but her visual design (base skin) is kinda meh, her other spells are kind of uninteresting, her lore is... whatever.

But Rek'Sai seems so incredibly unique in terms of how she plays and her mechanics, and having a female monster champion finally is great.

drawkcaB

I'm also curious what makes her a she -- just a female voice, like Cho'gath?

Maybe she'll get a Gentlewoman skin to match Gentleman Cho!

High Society Rek'Sai

I see her being a top, also I don't like the fact that she's not mana based. Recently, they've been releasing too many non-mana champs.

I agree on manaless champions. Seems like they all turn out problematic at some point.

I don't see her top for the same reason I don't see Vi top: it's a massive waste of her ult. To use it to the fullest extent she needs to putting down tunnels everywhere which she can't do in lane. That's on top of some other possible issues.

Does she have a slow on her kit? The description mention a slow and a knockup (which is on unborrow) but I didn't see any evidence of a slow in the videos.

Crab Milk Mikey said:
The solution for that is having her fin be this chainsaw when she burrows underground, because you just know her alternate skin is going to be a Battlecast one.

Don't say things to me you can't take back. I'm on a 5 game losing streak man. I can't handle the sort of disappointment I'd feel if Battlecast Rek'sai doesn't happen.

I'm pining for a new jungler, but I'm not sure she's really my style, but we'll see.

I guess this counts as more diverse female body types, right?

anyway i was looking at her skills all like "okay cool another form switching jungler nice" and then her ult happened oh my god that's scary

Is there a limit to the number of tunnels? Imagine putting one at Dragon and getting right to the pit when it respawns.

Her ult could be decent for split pushing too.

Nev

Banned
The kit is very interesting, but the visual design doesn't look all that great to me. New jungler though, it's been awhile.

Yea it looks really really generic. Nothing interesting about her visual design unfortunately. The kit seems cool though.

drawkcaB

Is there a limit to the number of tunnels? Imagine putting one at Dragon and getting right to the pit when it respawns.

Her ult could be decent for split pushing too.

No mention so far, just a time limit.

Looking forward to people who don't realize you can still see and target her while burrowed try to initiate.

This new champ is exactly what I was hoping Riot would make - something completely new that could easily change the way people play the game.

Really interested to see how she shapes up live.

Newt

Lee is pretty shit in general right now. You gotta do a lot to remain relevant later on the game. If I see a Lee Sin, I probably won't instantly dodge, but it will sure increase my chances. I think the E nerfs hit hard.

But if Lee sucks then the Lee players will just go play other stuff and give other champions a bad rep of having asshole players
For some reason, people always stay super far away from utility ADCs.

drawkcaB

Lee is pretty shit in general right now. You gotta do a lot to remain relevant later on the game. If I see a Lee Sin, I probably won't instantly dodge, but it will sure increase my chances. I think the E nerfs hit hard.

As far as solo queue goes, you're right. He's not that good. That said, I'd still love it if they nerfed him into the ground just to make way for others if anything. Ez sucks too but I still see too many.

This new champ is exactly what I was hoping Riot would make - something completely new that could easily change the way people play the game.

Really interested to see how she shapes up live.

so out goes the most of the heroes in their roles are interchangeable right?

i mean thats why the buying heroes model is acceptable isnt it

V_Arnold

Roaches are in the game? As someone with YEARS of zerg SCII experience, I welcome this hero :D

New jungler main too. Now I shall complain to Riot about my KHa+Elise purchases (particularly the last one), and the feeling of uselessness I get from her -maybe I get a refund :(

so out goes the most of the heroes in their roles are interchangeable right?

i mean thats why the buying heroes model is acceptable isnt it

What? The buying heroes model is acceptable because you gain free resources just by playing the game? And also because the game is f2P?

Nekofrog

Banned
being good in the jungle and being good outside of the jungle are two different things. sure you could get lucky and get fed as skarner... but then they're still going to get kited by any champion released in the last year and a half.

i say that as someone who loves skarner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom