• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Interesting that Cassiopeia has joined Rek'Sai and Janna at the top of the solo queue win rate charts. Wonder if it's just that she's been overbuffed recently or if it's evidence of scripting.

It's probably because she's been buffed literally like 5 patches in a row.

support and brainless does not compute.

please try again.

Janna is baby's first support

Can't outtrade with shield
Press R to invalidate any melees
Q to peel

__

Vayne/Janna is the most retarded thing every, holy shit never have I ever been so frustrated in this game. You literally cannot touch Vayne between her broke- I mean #LCSBIGPLAY mobility and Janna's speedboost/peel.

Leezard

It's probably because she's been buffed literally like 5 patches in a row.

Janna is baby's first support

Can't outtrade with shield
Press R to invalidate any melees
Q to peel

__

Vayne/Janna is the most retarded thing every, holy shit never have I ever been so frustrated in this game. You literally cannot touch Vayne between her broke- I mean #LCSBIGPLAY mobility and Janna's speedboost/peel.

You're trading the wrong way, then.

Newt

You're trading the wrong way, then.
I mean he's right. Against a Janna lane you just don't go for trades unless you have some innate sustain. You're trying to dismiss valid points.

Though Vayne/Janna is nothing special and R doesn't invalidate melees, lol.

Leezard

How do I trade vs Janna then? :|

Especially if they have someone like Graves/Lucian/Ez
You bait out the shield and wait it out to trade, or you bait it out on the adc when you go for attacking Janna and vice versa. If the Janna you're facing is some guy without brains, it should be simple. It's harder against a better player.
I mean he's right. Against a Janna lane you just don't go for trades unless you have some innate sustain. You're trying to dismiss valid points.

Though Vayne/Janna is nothing special and R doesn't invalidate melees, lol.
See above. You can outtrade, though it is mostly mindgames and is difficult against the more experienced players.

As you mention, the easy way to deal with Janna is to pick a support with sustain like Sona, Nami, Soraka. The lane is very easy with a Sona pick.

DeadNames

Banned
Huh, no, I think she is very complex but quite easy to put shields and use random Rs

Yeah, I'll agree with this. High skillcap, but stupidly low skill floor.

It was the worst game of my life. Our Lucian was such a noob, and so was our Lee. Not to mention Yasuo was feeding. Every time I would try to get to Vayne, I would get absolutely melted by Swain or peeled off while their Fiora wrecked everyone. And if I did manage to get to Vayne I would get exhausted. I did everything in my power, but alas it was unwinnable. So sad.

Newt

As you mention, the easy way to deal with Janna is to pick a support with sustain like Sona, Nami, Soraka. The lane is very easy with a Sona pick.
You missed the point of his post though. The point was that is doesn't take much effort for the Janna to put the shield up and use that to win trades. That's a valid point.

Leezard

You missed the point of his post though. The point was that is doesn't take much effort for the Janna to put the shield up and use that to win trades. That's a valid point.

Oh, I see. It is a point & click spell so of course it is simple. I agree that Janna has a low skill floor. I don't think the statement "can't outtrade with shield" is correct despite the point he's making, though. You can bait it out properly and win trades. Depending on experience it can range from easy to near impossible.

Sofo

How do I trade vs Janna then? :|

Especially if they have someone like Graves/Lucian/Ez

The peel dude, the peel is just insane.

Vayne E and Janna R are pretty damn annoying in themselves.

She is weak and has a semi low range (475?). Wait for her to misuse the shield (like when it's not really favorable for her ADC to trade or hit you without danger) and either poke her without shield or do it as soon as it wears off. I mean, yeah she is annoying.

And the R itself is annoying but you can always I guess save your gap closer or something for right after she has used it. Most Jannas tend to also use their ult greedily to recover HP which makes them vulnerable if they stay longer under it.

I've never really been a melee versus her but the times I make mistakes they tend to be like this.

I mean you are not wrong in saying Janna is fairly simple, I can easily feel myself much more aware about everything that goes on the map compared to other supports I tend to play (although that can easily fall into my own fault I guess). But like every other champion that has simple mechanics, it still takes practice to make it shine beyond average and push its limits.

Pd. Still no skin. Q_Q C'mon rito!

By an absolute country mile, the most powerful part of Janna's kit is her passive. I would not be surprised if that ability wins more teamfights than Amumu's R. Also brings a ton of (barely visible) laning strength. Not that the rest of her kit is bad, but an AoE MS boost is insane with how important positioning, chasing and kiting is in LoL.

I expect Janna will get nerfed (or changed) in the coming patches. She's been more or less pick/ban in the competitive scene since GorillA brought it out for Najin White Shield in Korea's Regionals and she's an ever present at the top of the solo queue win rate charts.

By an absolute country mile, the most powerful part of Janna's kit is her passive. I would not be surprised if that ability wins more teamfights than Amumu's R. Also brings a ton of (barely visible) laning strength. Not that the rest of her kit is bad, but an AoE MS boost is insane with how important positioning, chasing and kiting is in LoL.

I expect Janna will get nerfed (or changed) in the coming patches. She's been more or less pick/ban in the competitive scene since GorillA brought it out for Najin White Shield in Korea's Regionals and she's an ever present at the top of the solo queue win rate charts.

I dont see her being nerfed, she is not quite easy to master and is not a guarante win in bot line, you just have to harras her with sustain champs and she hug the tower in fear

Leezard

Her passive was godlike back when it was global. One of the best passives in the game.

Yeah, her old passive was insane too - big edge for a melee vs. a ranged in top lane, used to make a point of picking Janna if my top laner picked Jax. But it's still incredible even now - the most important moments in most matches happen when teams are grouped up (assuming a fairly close match and not a stomp).

bidguy

Banned
so the client stopped in the pre game lobby but we are all able to chat

whats happening ?

its been around 5 minutes now

edit: still in the lobby lol

Ferga

Can I be called a prophet for saying AP Nid was good?

Pls

I've always knew reworked nid was OP even when she dropped out of the meta. I really fear losing 50% of my life to a spear and takedown.

It's a ridiculous amount of base damage on such a stupid champ.

Nekofrog

Banned
the fact that AP nid still does stupid damage with one ability is a testament to how bad she was pre-rework, and even pre-distance nerf.

I haven't tried much Janna support. I own her, but I feel myself always falling back to Blitz. He is just so damn fun and rewarding. Of course, he turns to pure poop in the laning phase if you fall behind. I purchased Leona not too long ago and really haven't used her much. I'm not that good yet at figuring out who Blitz or Leona synergizes well with, so I always just fall back to Blitz.

Blizzard

Banned
I got absolutely crushed as Cassiopeia using the skin as expected. As usual, even if I get 400+ AP (I think I've had the same feeling with 800+ AP), she feels like she barely does any damage even to minions, AND if you miss a single E you're basically dead. That's 4-5 seconds where you can do virtually nothing useful.

It also hurts that the ult is maybe 180 damage early game.

What was REALLY frustrating though, was disconnects all through the game. For the last two days, I've been seeing random "Attempting to Reconnect" popups. This game, it happened about 6 times. The last time, RIGHT as I tried to flash + ult, immediately got the popup. 10-12 seconds later, the game came back and everyone was dead.

Has anyone at all been seeing this on NA in the last two days? I don't know what to do to diagnose it.

What was REALLY frustrating though, was disconnects all through the game. For the last two days, I've been seeing random "Attempting to Reconnect" popups. This game, it happened about 6 times. The last time, RIGHT as I tried to flash + ult, immediately got the popup. 10-12 seconds later, the game came back and everyone was dead.

Has anyone at all been seeing this on NA in the last two days? I don't know what to do to diagnose it.
I had a random ranked I played 2 nights ago, and my connection kicked out right at the loading screen when we were all 100%. I thought it was just taking forever, and I alt+tabbed and my internet was running fine. After 3 minutes, I shut down League, then reconnected and the game had already started. Last night I had an "attempting to reconnect" while my ping remained 86. It lasted about 30 seconds, then cleared up. That's been it, but I haven't played much the last 2 nights. Maybe 3 games total?

Blizzard

Banned
I had a random ranked I played 2 nights ago, and my connection kicked out right at the loading screen when we were all 100%. I thought it was just taking forever, and I alt+tabbed and my internet was running fine. After 3 minutes, I shut down League, then reconnected and the game had already started. Last night I had an "attempting to reconnect" while my ping remained 86. It lasted about 30 seconds, then cleared up. That's been it, but I haven't played much the last 2 nights. Maybe 3 games total?
That was the same sort of thing I was seeing. Last night I was stuck in a loading screen at 100% forever, and then when I tried to stop and reconnect I kept getting a message that I don't think I've ever gotten before:

networkj7b2u.png

I used to get that firewall reconnect loop thing before, but not this. I think restarting the client entirely fixed it, and everyone else had fortunately been stuck waiting for me to load.

Blizzard

Banned
I have to quit playing League entirely, it would seem. Had 6 disconnects the first game today, 3+ the second game. Trying to go into jungle to cut off enemy? Disconnect. Trying to fight? Lag/disconnect. It only seemed to happen at important times, like during or just before a teamfight. That may just be me imagining things but it was SUPER SUPER annoying.

My cable modem lights keep blinking so it doesn't seem like the modem is resetting or something. The period of time doesn't seem constant either. Might be 5 seconds, might be like 15.

drawkcaB

Just had a really interesting game as Leona. Well, the game itself wasn't anything special, but that was the first Leona game I've played going back to roughly October 2013 and it was a real eye opener for how much I've improved at support. Really needed that pick-me-up after shitting it up last night.

And now I've added Leona to my champion pool which I actually managed to cut down a bit recently. Dammit.

Tizoc

Just had a really interesting game as Leona. Well, the game itself wasn't anything special, but that was the first Leona game I've played going back to roughly October 2013 and it was a real eye opener for how much I've improved at support. Really needed that pick-me-up after shitting it up last night.

And now I've added Leona to my champion pool which I actually managed to cut down a bit recently. Dammit.
Leona needs a rework :V
I find it funny how she has a similar move to amu except hers will always connect to a champ instead of the first minion in front of her.

So i've got 4800 IP saved up. What would be the best adc to get right now? or should I just keep saving for ?

I like Jinx most. Graves is a safer pick, but he's gaining more popularity right now which means potential nerf bat.

I absolutely adore late game Jinx. I love the sound of the fast Pow-Pow.

Twitch... I used to really like him, but the nerf to his passive hurt a lot.

Graves: Good or great early (depends on support/matchup), great mid, decent late
Jinx: Decent early, good mid, really great late
Twitch: Decent early, good or great mid (depends on your playstyle), great late

drawkcaB

I like Jinx most. Graves is a safer pick, but he's gaining more popularity right now which means potential nerf bat.

Jinx is about to get nerfed too. Buying champions based on how strong they are is...not a good idea.

BurnMuhBread, what are you looking for in an ADC? Which ones do you play now, do you want something similar or different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom