• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

*sigh*

What do you do when your Blitz support dies as much as any two (or sometimes three) people on your team combined but he still won't stop crying about the team? You lose, that's what you do.

Dumb idiot kept hooking Thresh into us who would just flay and box us over and over. Total moron.

Blizzard

Banned
*sigh*

What do you do when your Blitz support dies as much as any two (or sometimes three) people on your team combined but he still won't stop crying about the team? You lose, that's what you do.

Dumb idiot kept hooking Thresh into us who would just flay and box us over and over. Total moron.
Why not mute them after they started complaining about the team? The result might be the same, but at least you don't get distracted by the annoying chat and you can focus purely on the game.

Sometimes maybe you can use someone like that as bait. If you know they're going to suicide pull, then you can try to position yourself accordingly.

Jeff-DSA

Why not mute them after they started complaining about the team? The result might be the same, but at least you don't get distracted by the annoying chat and you can focus purely on the game.

Sometimes maybe you can use someone like that as bait. If you know they're going to suicide pull, then you can try to position yourself accordingly.

Vayne was hitting for 1300 damage and Lucian wasn't far behind. It was pretty hopeless. They also had a Jarvan, which would just ult us after the bad hook. We just got rolled. Nothing we could really do to find effective plays.

Blizzard

Banned
Vayne was hitting for 1300 damage and Lucian wasn't far behind. It was pretty hopeless. They also had a Jarvan, which would just ult us after the bad hook. We just got rolled. Nothing we could really do to find effective plays.
I still have to think reading Blitzcrank's chat would only make that situation LESS enjoyable and contribute to the game going in that direction, if they were that bad.

Jeff-DSA

I still have to think reading Blitzcrank's chat would only make that situation LESS enjoyable and contribute to the game going in that direction, if they were that bad.

Oh, yeah, for sure. I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. It was just a bunch of f-bombs and crying anyway.

Finished the night with a good win on Miss Fortune, which gave me 2-1 for the night. I'll take it.

jerd

Holy lord I just had the worst night of League maybe ever. I kept playing because I thought that the next game couldn't possibly be as bad as the last but they just kept getting worse.

Dammit why is nobody carrying me!!!

Leezard

Holy lord I just had the worst night of League maybe ever. I kept playing because I thought that the next game couldn't possibly be as bad as the last but they just kept getting worse.

Dammit why is nobody carrying me!!!
That's one of the secrets of playing. If you have two or three had games and you're getting frustrated, just take a break. You'll be happier in the long run. Play one of those games you bought but you didn't play because you were busy with league.

Newt

The trick to breaking tilt is playing some low-skillcap support such as Sona, Braum, Leona or Janna. Extremely difficult to mess up on.

jerd

Yeah I didn't feel like I was getting frustrated, I was just playing insanely bad. Definitely should have quit after the third loss but it is what it is.

I wish Evelynn was better. I understand she's kind of an unhealthy champ for the game but she may have the most fun reset in the game. Zooming around teamfights is so fun. I built her with warrior, triforce, then tank and did pretty well. I had a lot of successful ganks and was still causing chaos during teamfights. Or so I thought until I realized I only did 12k damage to champs in a 38 minute game. Eve still shit confirmed.

Leezard

The trick to breaking tilt is playing some low-skillcap support such as Sona, Braum, Leona or Janna. Extremely difficult to mess up on.
Unless you are mad about your teammates, in which case the only cure is to instalock vayne and carry those noobs.
It does not work

For real though, I'd recommend playing an aram if you want to keep playing.

Newt

Yeah I didn't feel like I was getting frustrated, I was just playing insanely bad. Definitely should have quit after the third loss but it is what it is.

I wish Evelynn was better. I understand she's kind of an unhealthy champ for the game but she may have the most fun reset in the game. Zooming around teamfights is so fun. I built her with warrior, triforce, then tank and did pretty well. I had a lot of successful ganks and was still causing chaos during teamfights. Or so I thought until I realized I only did 12k damage to champs in a 38 minute game. Eve still shit confirmed.
Compared to like Nasus, Leblanc, Corki, Lucian, Soraka, Jarvan 4, and Pantheon Eve's not really that unhealthy of a champ. Even when Eve was a strong pick, she had real weaknesses.

Newt

Also, I was watching this jungle video on reddit, and I thought to myself "I recognize this name".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4fak_3JxEI&feature=youtu.be

So I go to look at my match history.

Dbd3jLL.png

So he lost to us, no big deal, the Leona I was playing with was quite good. Then I see the next game...

nqNMh3A.png

I have no words.

Blizzard

Banned
It was really nice of Riot to let people know when Vayne gets Silver Bolts, if I hear that before level 2 I can just alt tab and not waste any time.
Plot twist, League itself might be considered wasting time in some sense. If time is urgent then it's probably even better to not play -- then you're guaranteed no Vaynes. :p

DeadNames

Banned
Compared to like Nasus, Leblanc, Corki, Lucian, Soraka, Jarvan 4, and Pantheon Eve's not really that unhealthy of a champ. Even when Eve was a strong pick, she had real weaknesses.

This. I would much rather have eve be viable over Jarvan or some other zero weakness champ.

Plot twist, League itself might be considered wasting time in some sense. If time is urgent then it's probably even better to not play -- then you're guaranteed no Vaynes. :p
You see I work at retail, I get to meet Vayne players that don't even know what League is.

There is no escape.

Even when Eve was a strong pick, she had real weaknesses.
During her height, those weaknesses were virtually nullified by her strengths. During her fresh rework days when she was played mid, her weakness was "shove lane, tell others to buy a pink". Her numbers were just way off the roof. I always won by going back at 6, bought a blue elixir then warded the enemy jungle. I killed whoever was most convenient to kill whenever my ult was up.

Just look at her rework numbers, and her numbers now.
Q: 120 (+45% AP) => 90 (+55% AP)
E: 270 (+100% AP) => 230 (+100% AP) (now physical)
R: 25% max health (+2% AP) => 25% current health (+1% AP)
DFG: 25% current health (+4% AP) => 15% max health + 20% damage amp

I remember blowing up Singed. With 500AP, DFG->R alone will hit for 80% of your max health.

The only time I actually had to put effort was when I was against a competent Rengar, who was at his peak at that time. The match by which of us would catch the other first more often.

Tumble.

The only exception is when you're going for an invade. You might want to level Condemn, but it's not always the case. Make it a habit to not spend the first ability point until you need it / laning starts, unless you're charging your passive as Sona, or E as Thresh.

What level is a good time to start jging
I almost every time have to jg becuase my team never thinks do it.
Then when I do the person playing jg can never do anything.
I am level 16

Edwardo

What level is a good time to start jging
I almost every time have to jg becuase my team never thinks do it.
Then when I do the person playing jg can never do anything.
I am level 16

Are there two top laners more often than not in your games? You could start jungling, but if the enemy team has 2 top then you'll be leaving your teammate at a disadvantage. It's harder to jungle, especially now that the season 5 changes made jungling harder, without full runes and masteries to give you more stats.

Are there two top laners more often than not in your games? You could start jungling, but if the enemy team has 2 top then you'll be leaving your teammate at a disadvantage. It's harder to jungle, especially now that the season 5 changes made jungling harder, without full runes and masteries to give you more stats.
If there are 2 top lenders is kinda random sometime some times not.
I usally use xin Zhoado pretty well when I jg.
We should I buy runes I have heard tons of different things about runes.

Jeff-DSA

Ordering from outletpc.com might have been a mistake on my new PC build. I already have all the parts from the other two vendors I used while OutletPC still has my order marked as "pending."

Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom